The Flame-Free Confession Thread

It was more a joke about the fact that I super/giantset everything and I’m always setting up for 1 lift while doing the other. Even with sets across, I’ll be changing weights on something else during the rest period of the other sets.

But, in turn, I don’t find changing weights during rest super inconvenient. I can’t fathom the idea of “just resting”, haha.

2 Likes

For sure, I have “Alpha-ized” my workout and routinely do 2-3 exercises as giant sets… Which is part of the reason someone “working in” would just be a pain in the ass. If they want to have the bar ready to go before I need it again, thats fine… But if they are going to be on their own time schedule that messes with mine that would be a no go.

Then again, we both train in our garages so its really a moot point, lol

imagesCA5J7VDS

As of late I have been scratching my head at some of the newer posters on here especially in the beginner section…. I have been seeing allot more talking about getting in shape or staying in shape (not sure what that exactly means) or simply being fit (which like being in shape is an abstract concept). Which hey if that is ones goals more power to whomever. Strange thing is I always considered this site a little more hardcore or at least it seemed to be a few years ago. So, I’m finding the pure fitness concept out of place and odd.

7 Likes

Oh no :anguished: T-nation is becoming V-nation!

9 Likes

I paid $20 for a day pass at a mediocre gym this weekend. I was pretty happy that they had 2 squat racks and a space (not a platform) for deadlifting until I grabbed one of 2 bars and realized it was a POS. At least 31-32mm and knurling made for baby hands. The second one had even worse knurling.

I also got the joy of waiting for some guy to finish his “leg presses” (he barely bent his knees). My wife and I watched and convinced ourselves that someone must have told him to only move about 2 inches per rep. And no, they weren’t calf raises.

Glad to be back home.

When this place becomes a Mens Health and Fitness I am out of here.

3 Likes

I guess I’m fortunate. The chain of gyms I have here in town have 2 - 24 hour facilities, plus several other locations. The location I use has 4 squats racks on the main lifting floor, along with another 4 Rogue racks on another floor. And I discovered they have a prowler. I pay $30 a month. My biggest issue is that they seem to be short Oly bars.

1 Like

Buy one and store it there if it’s an issue. Sounds like a great gym for $30/month.

I go to Y’s. They are fantastic in my area. With my job, I never know where I’m going to be in a given day, so it’s pretty routine for me to go to 5 different Y’s per month. Most of them have a squat rack/oly/suspension training room all to itself.

1 Like

Uh oh I think someone mentioned that it’s down to people lowering standards so that they can still achieve something and nobody gets hurt feelings, it’s just the way the world is going, so basically tnation needs a few experienced and hardcore figures to put these people on the right path and if they don’t like it they can go to men’s health or BB. Com

1 Like

Ill be honest with you…I’m just at the point of just giving up trying to get a grip on the whole gym culture anymore. I have admitted on here in the past that I’m a Dinosaur. I honest can’t relate to most of the younger crowd place value regarding why they even bother engage in this activity. Mostly the lion shares of the younger guys.

1 Like

Are there really more noble goals than others though?

Pic of the main floor where I lift. Was going to get a pic of the Rogue adjustable racks on the next floor, but there were a couple of chicks doing crossfit training and well… don’t need to get banned from the gym.

Also found they have 2 prowlers AND a glute-ham station hiding up there.

4 Likes

With that attitude you may as well be banned from this site! Now get back in there and take those pictures! I expect close ups :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha. SAMA is long gone.

there was another bodybuilding website up and running until quite recently that had an official competition for the hottest chick you could sneakily take a picture of at the gym! Totally shameful but also pretty awesome.

2 Likes

What was the link

3 Likes

You can’t ask that with a profile picture like that man. Wayyy too sketchy

2 Likes

Sketchy or just getting that “natty lighting” just right :wink:

Sketchy.

1 Like

Dang I’ll have to try harder next time