Whose Advice Can I Trust?

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Also… Punisher was formerly known as pwrbarboy or something, right? [b]If I remember correctly[/i] the thread in Bodybuilding, that was the prior name where he posted in RMP. That RMP thread was quite interesting/useful.[/quote]

Stop spamming the thread, do the research and then post, thanks.

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Also… Punisher was formerly known as pwrbarboy or something, right? If I remember correctly the thread in Bodybuilding, that was the prior name where he posted in RMP. That RMP thread was quite interesting/useful.[/quote]

Stop spamming the thread, do the research and then post, thanks.[/quote]

I get that. I wasn’t trying to spam, but where else should this dialog happen? Do you think it’s appropriate to open a new thread just to figure that out? I’m not trying to be a dick… I just really didn’t know where else to ask.

But I did find the answer. Prisoner is the same as pwrbarboy. Both names I think should be added to the list.

FWIW, I’m not sure that Punisher should be on that list. http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/punisher

I stand corrected, and I apologize to you for my mistake. The list has been amended.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
I’ll throw another one out there: Count Rockula. Read his log, it’s a great mix of humor and some serious bizniz. I don’t think most people who haven’t followed him realize what he’s accomplished, since he doesn’t have an avatar pic. Spar4tee also, that guy is lifting some serious weight, and he’s super consistent with his training.

If you want to know how the guys you look up to really train, read training logs. They’re absolutely the best source to understand what’s really working for people. And the training logs aren’t inundated with petty arguments.
[/quote]

I’ll second Count Rockula for his knowledge on FST-7, and Spar4tee must be the strongest youngster on the planet.

At Flipcollar:

“If you want to know how the guys you look up to really train, read training logs. They’re absolutely the best source to understand what’s really working for people. And the training logs aren’t inundated with petty arguments.”

Once again a very good tip for beginners…do what the big guys do!

If you’re new here, and have read this post up to here, I would like to point out this thread just in case you’ve not read it before:

from Mr. Popular

Here is were you can find a list of some of the lifters named here, and how they got to where they are today.

IMO one of the most informative threads on T-Nation. Devour that thread, and you’ll know 100% more than you know today.

Edit: I 3rd Chris87…list amended.

First nomination for Gregron

I second jskrabac

[quote]Cuso wrote:
List to date:

maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu
Chris Colucci

Waylanderxx
Kingbeef323
Lonnie123

RampantBadger
The Rattler
Marzouk

Punisher
MattyXL
PaulieSarafini

Cat 4 Nominees:

Flipcollar[/quote]

Thanks man. And I agree with all others in that list.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Bwhitwell
Bluecollartr8n
Zraw
Myosaurus[/quote]

A big x2 on Myosaurus. He doesn’t post lots but his physique is incredible!

X2 on caveman. He’s strong from the videos I have seen and always helps out where he can.

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:
Also, I anticipate a Rogue Vampire self nomination any minute. [/quote]

The best was the thread he started to interview himself about how he trains.[/quote]

Take the fun stuff to GAL or PM yourselves for the laughs, and don’t insult the people who have earned the right to be listed here.[/quote]

The forum poice stuff dosen’t work unless you’re a mod. As for Rogue Vampire, if you think he’s earned the right to be on your list then you really need to do your research. The point is that periodically call out/verification/who should I listen to threads show up and they are really pointless overall.

The reality is there is no reputation system on T-Nation and probably never will be. It is a free open forum run by a supplement company whose main purpose is obviously to sell their products. If you are concerned about someone’s advice do some research. Go to their hub or look up their previous posts.

Pictures aren’t always reliable as people can get them anywhere or they can be old. As I’ve said before, lifting is a lifelong pursuit that involves a lot of trial and error. The biggest guy you know could give you advice that might not work well for you.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:
The best was the thread he started to interview himself about how he trains.[/quote]
If I put together a top 5 list of threads I really enjoyed reading that self interview would be on it. lulz.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:
The forum poice stuff dosen’t work unless you’re a mod. As for Rogue Vampire, if you think he’s earned the right to be on your list then you really need to do your research. The point is that periodically call out/verification/who should I listen to threads show up and they are really pointless overall.

The reality is there is no reputation system on T-Nation and probably never will be. It is a free open forum run by a supplement company whose main purpose is obviously to sell their products. If you are concerned about someone’s advice do some research. Go to their hub or look up their previous posts.

Pictures aren’t always reliable as people can get them anywhere or they can be old. As I’ve said before, lifting is a lifelong pursuit that involves a lot of trial and error. The biggest guy you know could give you advice that might not work well for you.
[/quote]
No need to throw it in his face Ryno he will figure that out.

These threads do come and go but I think they are a nice way to give people props for dispensing good advice while they are here.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

Take the fun stuff to GAL or PM yourselves for the laughs, and don’t insult the people who have earned the right to be listed here.[/quote]

The forum poice shit dosen’t work unless you’re a mod. As for Rogue Vampire, if you think he’s earned the right to be on your list then you really need to do your research.[/quote]

I knew I was gonna get it for this.

I’m not playing the “Forum Police” here, but every single one of you here that post in this thread should police yourselves. Anybody out there want to trash this thread? Go ahead, be my guest.

You’ve been here long enough to know that it’s probably better to have a list of “good advisors” than have a useless flame thread of “bad advisors”. Why? Because positive threads give good information, and hate threads give just that…hate.

I don’t think people are going to learn anything through hateing.

As for Rogue Vampire, if you think he’s earned the right to be on your list then you really need to do your research.

I hoped this would be understood as “Don’t insult the people who have earned the right to be listed here, by even mentioning RV in this thread”. As I obviously didn’t make this understandable enough, I apologize wholeheartedly to you, and JLone.

Can we be friends again? Please?

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[/quote]
No need to throw it in his face Ryno he will figure that out.

These threads do come and go but I think they are a nice way to give people props for dispensing good advice while they are here.[/quote]

You’re right. I apologize, seriously. I’m not trying to take anything away from the guys that were mentioned, I just felt the OP was taking this a little to seriously.

List to date:

Coaches, Gurus and Thread Publishers:

maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu
Chris Colucci

Kingbeef323
Lonnie123
ProfessorX

Synergy

Competitors:

Waylanderxx
Zraw
ebomb5522

deltaone
Bonez217

BIG Guys:

BrickHead
MattyXL
PaulieSarafini

hungry4more
Myosaurus
Bushido Bad Boy

RampantBadger
The Rattler
Liquidmercury

Stormthebeach
Bwhitwell
Bluecollartr8n

loudog75
Derek542
DoveofWar08

StompingHorse
Maiden316
Blackaggar

detazathoth
AchillesofWar
HolyMacaroni

ashylarryku
grettiron

Body Builders & Lifters who are worth searching for:

Prisoner
Pwrbarboy or Aaron Clark
cephalic carnage

Dave_
steelyD
Alpha

Knowledgeable, Helpful Lifters:

Flipcollar
chris87
spar4tee
Gregron

Cat 4 Nominees:*

2 X N for fr0IVIan
2 X N for jskrabac
2 X N for Count Rockula
1 X N for caveman101
1 X N for Ouroboro (PW)
1 X N for kpsnap (PW)

*Number of nominations.
PW = Powerful Women

[quote]Cuso wrote:
I knew I was gonna get it for this.

I’m not playing the “Forum Police” here, but every single one of you here that post in this thread should police yourselves. Anybody out there want to trash this thread? Go ahead, be my guest.

You’ve been here long enough to know that it’s probably better to have a list of “good advisors” than have a useless flame thread of “bad advisors”. Why? Because positive threads give good information, and hate threads give just that…hate.

I don’t think people are going to learn anything through hateing.

As for Rogue Vampire, if you think he’s earned the right to be on your list then you really need to do your research.

I hoped this would be understood as “Don’t insult the people who have earned the right to be listed here, by even mentioning RV in this thread”. As I obviously didn’t make this understandable enough, I apologize wholeheartedly to you, and JLone.

[/quote]
Well, I misunderstood the Rogue Vampire statement and I certainly had no intention of insulting just about everyone mentioned. I just think you may be taking this thread a little too seriously.

I wasn’t trying to trash your thread, either. And in all seriousness, if you want me to I will go back and delete all my comments from the thread. I was just trying to make the point that the gym is your laboratory where you have to experiment over time to find what works best to get you to your goals.

The problem I see is that people want to take someone’s advice as gospel rather than a suggestion that might or might not work for everbody. The only truth in weight lifting is eat right, train hard, and be consistent. Everything else is subject to your individual goals, genetics, etc.

Anyway, I’m sorry if you felt I was trying to trash your thread as I wasn’t. I see these forums as more of an arena for ideas and polite debate rather than the ten commandments. I’m also serious about editing my previous posts. I’ll even ask a mod to delete them if you want.

Also you should you edit your first post and insert the completed list there.

[quote]Cuso wrote:
[/quote]
You know Cuso, if I thought you weren’t my friend, I just don’t think I could bear it.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:
Also you should you edit your first post and insert the completed list there.[/quote]
I agree with this. When this thread gets long no one is going to read all of it to find the up to date list. Just edit your first list and make a note about that one being up to date. Then no one will read all the unnecessary chatter and we are all happy.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]ryno76 wrote:
Also you should you edit your first post and insert the completed list there.[/quote]
I agree with this. When this thread gets long no one is going to read all of it to find the up to date list. Just edit your first list and make a note about that one being up to date. Then no one will read all the unnecessary chatter and we are all happy.[/quote]

Done.