Whose Advice Can I Trust?

I’ve opened this thread to offer new members of T-Nation a list of qualified and or experienced “advisors” under the many posters here.

This is NOT a man-love or a flame thread, but is designed to help beginners weed out disinformation or advice from posters, and/or trolls who don’t have the background or experience to really know what they’re talking about. Hopefully this will clean up the Beginners Section a little, and make inexperienced lifters think twice about giving other beginners dangerous, and time consuming “Half-Truth-Advice”.

I am not a Moderator, however I will personally watch over this thread and try to inforce the rules which I’ll list below. Even in the Internet there is a thing called Honour, and I expect people to take this noble experiment seriously.

Who or how does one “Qualify” to be a “Trusted Advisor?”

1). Any member of the T-Nation Editorial, Advisory or Contributing staff, as well as the Moderators and Janitors. It would help immensely if you would give us your blessings and support.

2). Proven Experience.

If you started lifting a year ago and weigh 130lbs, YOU DO NOT QUALIFY. Your name should not appear on this list. Posters or Trolls who place a noob on this list will feel my wrath. Body Builders who have competed are prime examples of “Proven Experience”, REALLY BIG GUYS, as well as Lifters who have a “Following” and answer questions in their own helpful threads. I think you get my drift.

3). Peer Acceptance.

If you’ve been posting or lurking here for 5 years, you probably remember who helped you back in the day and you know who your peers are. Please share this information with us, even if that person hasn’t posted for awhile. Maybe they’ll come back to posting, if they receive the kudos which they rightfully deserve. Besides, we can always look up their old threads for information.

4). Members in good standing.

This refers to members who might not meet the above listed requirements, but are none the less well read, experienced but never competed, and have always been helpful and honest with balanced infomative posts. As this is a grey area, before someone earns his wings, he or she must be confirmed by at least 3 other members. There are a lot of good people out there who fall into this category but remember, this is not a popularity contest! I am not the judge here…you are.

Nominations and/or confirmations in this category must be accompanied by a posted or written justification!

Thread Rules and Guidelines.

1). This is not a man-love thread! Be honest and critical of whom you’re listing here.

2). Don’t even think about trolling this thread! You will be exposed, branded and scarred.

3). Take this seriously! The more accurate this thread is, the more people it will help.

4). This is not SAMA, PWI or GAL! Go there to get your fix of argumentation or laughs.

5). Don’t fight or squabble amongst yourselves! Be a man amongst men.

I think everything here is self explanatory, and your honest participation can only help us all.

Just a small personal footnote here:

When interacting with one of the members in this list, please treat them with the respect they’ve earned, as they’ve been walking the stoney road for years, were as we have just put our shoes on.

List from the 28th July, 2012:

Coaches, Gurus and Thread Publishers:

maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu
Chris Colucci

Kingbeef323
Lonnie123
ProfessorX

Synergy

Competitors:

Waylanderxx
Zraw
ebomb5522

deltaone
Bonez217

BIG Guys:

BrickHead
MattyXL
PaulieSarafini

hungry4more
Myosaurus
Bushido Bad Boy

RampantBadger
The Rattler
Liquidmercury

Stormthebeach
Bwhitwell
Bluecollartr8n

loudog75
Derek542
DoveofWar08

StompingHorse
Maiden316
Blackaggar

detazathoth
AchillesofWar
HolyMacaroni

ashylarryku
grettiron

Body Builders & Lifters who are worth searching for:

Prisoner
Pwrbarboy or Aaron Clark
cephalic carnage

Dave_
steelyD
Alpha

Knowledgeable, Helpful Lifters:

Flipcollar
chris87
spar4tee
Gregron

Cat 4 Nominees:*

2 X N for fr0IVIan
2 X N for jskrabac
2 X N for Count Rockula
1 X N for caveman101
1 X N for Ouroboro (PW)
1 X N for kpsnap (PW)

*Number of nominations.
PW = Powerful Women

[quote]Cuso wrote:
maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu[/quote]
Chris Colucci

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]Cuso wrote:
maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu[/quote]
Chris Colucci[/quote]
Waylanderxx

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]Cuso wrote:
maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu[/quote]
Chris Colucci[/quote]
Waylanderxx[/quote]
Kingbeef323

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]Cuso wrote:
maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu[/quote]
Chris Colucci[/quote]
Waylanderxx[/quote]
Kingbeef323[/quote]
Lonnie123

I nominate Flipcollar.

His posts are based on honesty, and is never abrasive to noobs. He looks in his avatar like he knows what he’s doing and I believe he has the experience to be right most of the time. When he doesn’t know something, he stays out of the discussion, which lends weight to his balanced handling of noobs.

List to date:

maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu
Chris Colucci
Waylanderxx
Kingbeef323
Lonnie123

[quote]Cuso wrote:
List to date:

maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu
Chris Colucci
Waylanderxx
Kingbeef323
Lonnie123[/quote]

RampantBadger
The Rattler
Marzouk

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]Cuso wrote:
List to date:

maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu
Chris Colucci
Waylanderxx
Kingbeef323
Lonnie123[/quote]

RampantBadger
The Rattler
Marzouk[/quote]

Punisher

MattyXL
PaulieSarafini

List to date:

maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu
Chris Colucci

Waylanderxx
Kingbeef323
Lonnie123

RampantBadger
The Rattler
Marzouk

Punisher
MattyXL
PaulieSarafini

Cat 4 Nominees:

Flipcollar

cephalic carnage
ProfessorX
Dave_

Liquidmercury
Stormthebeach

(both usually only post in powerlifting section)

Cool idea for a thread, I hope it works.

I’ll second flipcollar and nominate caveman101 also

hungry4more

[quote]Cuso wrote:
List to date:

maraudermeat
The Mighty Stu
Chris Colucci

Waylanderxx
Kingbeef323
Lonnie123

RampantBadger
The Rattler
Marzouk

Punisher
MattyXL
PaulieSarafini

Cat 4 Nominees:

Flipcollar[/quote]

I second flipcollar

Bwhitwell
Bluecollartr8n
Zraw
Myosaurus

I appreciate the love guys ;). I would absolutely recommend most of the guys mentioned in this thread. I like that a broad base has been covered with the types of posters mentioned. LM and STB are great posters, and Zraw’s recent log is really on point as well. KingBeef and H4M have been awesome posters on here for awhile as well, and they’re physiques are stupid good.

Stu’s an obvious choice. Colucci posts some of the most sound advice on these boards, particularly the beginner’s section. I think he’s pretty much saved the forum. Anyone I didn’t mention specifically, no hate, was just listing some that stuck out that I particularly like.

I’ll throw another one out there: Count Rockula. Read his log, it’s a great mix of humor and some serious bizniz. I don’t think most people who haven’t followed him realize what he’s accomplished, since he doesn’t have an avatar pic. Spar4tee also, that guy is lifting some serious weight, and he’s super consistent with his training.

If you want to know how the guys you look up to really train, read training logs. They’re absolutely the best source to understand what’s really working for people. And the training logs aren’t inundated with petty arguments.

Thanks for the thread Cuso!

Bushido Bad Boy