Who's Ever Been Robbed?

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Oh and my car got broken into.

I stayed up late to watch the next 2 nights with my paint ball gun.

watch out![/quote]

lol. gotta love marlborough

[quote]B rocK wrote:
someone also hacked into my ebay account and sold a snowmobile…lol[/quote]

That was Push.

LOL

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
B rocK wrote:
someone also hacked into my ebay account and sold a snowmobile…lol

That was Push.

LOL

[/quote]

I didn’t care so much about that; but I didn’t even get a cut of the action…

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
B rocK wrote:
Oh and my car got broken into.

I stayed up late to watch the next 2 nights with my paint ball gun.

watch out!

lol. gotta love marlborough[/quote]

nah, that was out in western NY. there are some shady areas i lived near…

i’m really surprised i haven’t got jacked at my new place. it’s on the boarder of some really skeezy areas. next place is gonna be hot shit though…we’ve been savin’

During college, I lived in Mission Hill, Boston. My older sister lived with me in a studio apartment. One night while watching TV, we hear noise in the bathroom: a bang, the shower curtain being pulled open, then heavy breathing. We lived on the 4th floor. That few seconds of knowing someone was in our house, but not what they looked like, was hell.

I took some mace out of the coffee table drawer just as a short black dude walked out of our bathroom and asked us where our money was. I was in art school and my sister was unemployed at the time, so we had none. I told him I had mace and would use it, though as soon as it came out of my mouth, I realized I couldn’t hit him with it without spraying my sister who was on the floor between me and him. (Also, as mace is illegal in MA, I probably would have got in more trouble than him)

He picked up the police lock (a 4ft steel rod used to, ironically, keep burglars OUT) and brandished it at her head saying “like hell you will!” I threw it on the floor, he looked through some stuff on the bureau, then said “sorry ladies”, unlocked the door and walked out.
We called the police, they came, we described the guy. They found him 10 minutes later, clinbing another fire escape two blocks away.

The only time I have been robbed and actually lost something was the stereo from my Jeep while it was parked in the employee parking lot at the elementary school I teach at. Go figure.

Well having grown up in DC and lived in Detroit of course I’ve been mugged! lol

My truck was broken into in DC, my car was broken into in SC, and I’ve had a drug dealer shoot at me because I guess he thought I was a cop when I walked by him doing a drug deal.

Good thing that guy was one lousy shot! haha. There was no point in even calling the cops in that one, no cops will go into SE DC unless it’s something really important.

My truck was broken into twice in Nashville. Both smash and grab.

In that last 6 months I’ve had my debit card number stolen twice and a credit card number stolen once.

When I was younger, my ex-wife took everything while I was out of town on business. Nothing like getting home and finding nothing but a note left in your house (we were still married at the time).

Never been robbed and I recently started working as a clerk at a gas station… so only time will tell eh?

When I lived in the South End of Boston in the early 1980s two guys tried to rob me when I was carrying my bike up the front stoop of the brownstone where I lived. When the closer of the two said, “This is a stickup”, I smashed him over the head with a Kryptonite bike lock.

“Stick up huh! I’ll show you a motherfucking stickup”, and chased them down the street.

When I went back inside, I called 911. A cop showed up and picked me up. We drove across Washington Street and found them strolling nonchalantly nearby City Hospital. I gave a positive ID. He arrested them. I testified at trial. The guy I smashed over the head got 3 to 5 years.

Kryptonite bike locks work.

[quote]ShaneM686 wrote:
Never had anything stolen really… I live close to the ghetto at OSU so I’m hoping to graduate and get the fuck outta that shit hole.

I wonder what they would take in my room though. I have:

some old clothes
a wooden desk
a bed
a box of Biotest products

and some odds and ends that only really have value to me, like pages of quotes i’ve printed off, books, cool pictures

I’m a bit of a minimalist. [/quote]

Thats funny. You gotta watch the area around high st. I had my jeep stolen In German Village a litte over a year ago. It sucked but the cops recovered it about two days later running in a parking lot. Not much damage just a pain in the ass.

I made a thread a while ago about my second hand barbell and plates getting stolen… that one was wierd… The balls it must have took to carry that shit out of my garage in the middle of the night.

Didn’t matter much though cause I couldn’t take it with me to school.

While wearing steel toed boots, I once saw a homeless man that was bent over stealing a bike from a bike lock cage. It totally put me in the position to go vigilante on his ass and kick his face in, but I was in a late for something else and didn’t see the point of wasting energy for a rusty old bike. Plus, I do believe that legally puts me in the wrong.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
When I lived in the South End of Boston in the early 1980s two guys tried to rob me when I was carrying my bike up the front stoop of the brownstone where I lived. When the closer of the two said, “This is a stickup”, I smashed him over the head with a Kryptonite bike lock.

“Stick up huh! I’ll show you a motherfucking stickup”, and chased them down the street.

When I went back inside, I called 911. A cop showed up and picked me up. We drove across Washington Street and found them strolling nonchalantly nearby City Hospital. I gave a positive ID. He arrested them. I testified at trial. The guy I smashed over the head got 3 to 5 years.

Kryptonite bike locks work.[/quote]

Awesome!

Never been robbed, but I got my identity stolen last year, by a girl I knew through my brother. She got 8 years.

Had by motorbike stolen from my apartments underground parking lot. Damn dirty bastards couldt start it (I had the spark plugs out cos I had been planning to put new ones in) so they smashed it to bits and set fire to it. Of course, no-one saw a thing.

Some fuckers tried to kick my door down once but the cops showed up before they got in (they knew I was inside too cos I was telling em to fuck off from an upstairs window), that was pretty scary - I know they were going to kick my ass if they got in.

Mountain bike stolen twice (different ones).

Car broken into 3 times.

And 3 attempted muggings - but I am pretty switched on and can run like a roided up Ben Johnson when I have to.

Ah, England, how I love thee.

[quote]GimpFace wrote:
Had by motorbike stolen from my apartments underground parking lot. Damn dirty bastards couldt start it (I had the spark plugs out cos I had been planning to put new ones in) so they smashed it to bits and set fire to it. Of course, no-one saw a thing.

Some fuckers tried to kick my door down once but the cops showed up before they got in (they knew I was inside too cos I was telling em to fuck off from an upstairs window), that was pretty scary - I know they were going to kick my ass if they got in.

Mountain bike stolen twice (different ones).

Car broken into 3 times.

And 3 attempted muggings - but I am pretty switched on and can run like a roided up Ben Johnson when I have to.

Ah, England, how I love thee. [/quote]

Damn, where did you live when all this happened?

[quote]Mikaj wrote:
While wearing steel toed boots, I once saw a homeless man that was bent over stealing a bike from a bike lock cage. It totally put me in the position to go vigilante on his ass and kick his face in, but I was in a late for something else and didn’t see the point of wasting energy for a rusty old bike. Plus, I do believe that legally puts me in the wrong.[/quote]

i dont believe you would have done anything even if it you didnt have any meeting to go to.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Damn, where did you live when all this happened?[/quote]

Coventry.

Yeah, yeah - I know.

back in my wilder days i used to throw loads of house parties and i occasionally had stuff stolen from my house. worst part is i knew who did it but the police did nothing and because i invited them into my house my insurance didn’t cover it… live and learn eh.

i’ve robbed people before , when we were kids we’d hop out the car n just run up on people. kids huh