Who's Ever Been Robbed?

On the bright side, me and a friend once stole an entire beer garden from a pub.

Thats around 15 big wooden tables and benches. Large floor standing umbrellas, heaters, the lot.

And for extra ninja points we also returned everything in broad daylight (before they opened) without being caught. We were, very, very drunk.

only reason why you weren’t caught is because you were drunk

Yea I’ve had shit lifted. It’s fucking infuriating, because most times you could have prevented it by just being smart.

Doesn’t stop you from wanting to bash the motherfucker’s face in though.

About three weeks ago. Drove my car into the city for the first time. Out of state plates, older model, no alarm but well kept = good target.

Managed to snatch my gym bag which was full of clothing and a backpack of books by the likes of Shambhala: The Path of the Warrior, Dharma Bums, The Dhammapada and Old Path, White Clouds.

I just thought “Oh well, they must have needed it more than me. They got some pretty good essential Buddhist reading.”

I found the books on the sidewalk later that night but my clothes were no-where to be found.

Definitely.

I had bad luck recently, with my ZX-12R (extensively and very expensively modified), two HK P7’s, a Dan Wesson Razorback 10mm, a Colt Gov’t Model 380 ACP, my Sako hunting rifle, various small items, and about $2000 cash all being stolen.

No homeowner’s insurance either, as the county had bought my house (taking it under eminent domain) but was still allowing me to live there, so the house wasn’t insured.

My neighbor got burglarized too just a couple weeks later: also no insurance for same reason. Different thieves though most likely as the MO and types of items stolen were completely different. E.g., my TV and computer were left behind, while his burglars took his; my motorcycle was stolen while his was left behind.

My Mom was mugged in our driveway quite a few years ago. It was Christmas time and my father is insane when it comes to lights, think the movie Christmas Vacation. I was laying on the couch watching TV and Mom drove down to 7-11 to get milk for baking. I heard her car and then I heard her scream. I thought she had fallen into the lights.

So I jumped up and ran outside to see this HUGE guy running down the driveway and my Mom laying in the driveway. Mom is tiny. I have no idea what I was going to do but I ran after him. He got in his car and tried to run me over.

Turns out Mom was the 6th person he had robbed this way. He was caught. He would sit in the 7-11 parking lots late at night and follow people home and then rob them.

So funny, when the judge asked my mother if there was anything specific about the man that robbed her, that she remembered, Mom said, “He had very firm buttocks.” I love that woman.

I lived in St. Louis about 15 years back. Went to Leclede’s (sic) Landing and got turned around in a dark spot, trying to find a cab. I was alone. A guy wanted my wallet. I said no. Tried to walk away. It turned into a fight for my wallet, which I was winning. I stuck with the fight too long though and it turned into a fight for my life. I got stabbed three times.

The guy took off running as soon as I let go of him. I walked to a bar and they called the cops and an ambulance. I got one in the stomach, twice in side. No major internal damage. Never passed out or anything. Had surgery and took a lot of stitches. Missed a few weeks of work. I am very cautious to avoid situations like this now. I get kind of jumpy.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I had bad luck recently, with my ZX-12R (extensively and very expensively modified), two HK P7’s, a Dan Wesson Razorback 10mm, a Colt Gov’t Model 380 ACP, my Sako hunting rifle, various small items, and about $2000 cash all being stolen.

[/quote]

Wow, that really sucks. What makes it worse is that those guns are going to turn up after some crime (after a period of abuse) and they will be kept as evidence.

It could be. I don’t know if guns in that sort of price/quality range often wind up used for crime though.

(Othe rthan the crime of stealing and selling them.)

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

No homeowner’s insurance either, as the county had bought my house (taking it under eminent domain) but was still allowing me to live there, so the house wasn’t insured.

My neighbor got burglarized too just a couple weeks later: also no insurance for same reason. Different thieves though most likely as the MO and types of items stolen were completely different. E.g., my TV and computer were left behind, while his burglars took his; my motorcycle was stolen while his was left behind.[/quote]

That sucks alot man.

Thanks… it does!

Especially the bike.

Yeah, me. It’s also my first memory. It happened at Macys in Philadelphia. I was 4 and it happened in 1976. Somehow my parents zaged and I ziged over to young males attire, possibly attracted to a large caricature of Whinie the Poo or whatever. A mistake I would never duplicate in a large shopping shithole. Anyway, this creepy motherfucker grabs my arm and asks, “there you are, I have been looking all over for you” and starts toward the escalator with me. I didn’t do shit. I didn’t drop and start crying or yell or anything. All I did was go with him, but inside I was freaking out. It was so quick.

Thankfully, just before we get to the escalator my dad comes out of nowhere and screams at the dude, “what are you doing?” and my father ripped me out of this asshole’s hand. The creepy dude, I mean right out of central pedophile casting, about 48 to 52, overweight, kind of reminded me of a shipbuilder out of the Navy Yard but not. How to spot a pedophile. will illuminate what the fuck I’m ranting about. A couple of more steps and I would have been all, “it puts the lotion on its skin.”

Of course after the incident my dad starts yelling at me, but later on he bought me a pretzel (without mustard) and a Frank’s black cherry whisnick soda.

We headed back to Virgina as we were only visiting Philadelphia to see family and didn’t return for a long time.

That and somebody stole my dirty brown Army underwear while I was taking a shower during basic training. Yeah, weird. I never stole anything in the Army, I just got my own shit back.

Some good/creepy stories here.

Three years ago, my bike was stolen out of my garage when my back was turned for about 10 minutes. I suspected the kid next door took it because he seems to have way too many bikes for a poor kid. Got confirmation later once another neighbor saw my bike and several others get moved out of his garage into a u-haul truck and driven away.

Last September a woman a couple blocks from me was robbed and murdered by a couple teenagers who lived next door to her. They took an x-box and some other video games her grandchildren played with. They also got put away for murder.

I now have a burglar alarm system and a home defense shotgun. The neighbors don’t know about the shotgun, but I will make sure they see me take it from the car into the house once the weather warms up and they are outside.

Thats sickening, murder for an xbox?

I mean a 360 I could understand…Nah. I can’t even joke about that. Its just too disturbing to think that someone would kill over such a thing.

It brings slight satisfaction that they got put away for it, but I cant even imagine how the family must have felt.

it was a mad hot day in the summer a while back and i swear i was about to have a heat stroke then i saw some bikes parked out in front of this persons house so me n whoever i was with hoped on em and peddaled (that word looks fucked up) back home then later (that day i think) the bike i stole got stolen from me.

this other time i was walking around trying to sell weed to random people and some dude who i guess was in a gang who just got shot by people from my city got all pissed when i told em where i was from and i was like shit,

this dude is bigger than me and im in his neighborhood so fuck it, and i gave him like a bag a weed or maybe more but i had a lot more on me, i just said it was all i had.

then after that he got a number from a fat chick who was 15 & he was probaly in his mid 20s. i cant make this shit up.

About 14 years ago I had a pound of weed and an SKS stolen from my house while I was out snowboarding for the weekend. Odd thing was that they left the other 6lbs.

Two years ago on a construction site I was on a refrigeration crew. On of the guys comes down from the mechanical room looking for his jacket. Another guy can’t find his drill. As the day goes on sawzalls and a bunch of other kits from other tradesmen start missing. All of the foremen get together for a pow-wow to discuss what is going on.

I was up in a scissor boom hanging uni-strut and on one side is the foremen, from the other comes the theif. He checks everybody out and scopes out a nice bit kit in the job box below me. He makes his move, and just as he does I holler at him and alert the foremen. He looked everywhere but up.

The guy runs and tosses the kit, with about a dozen guys chasing him. Makes it to his vehice and tears off before we can shut the gate. As we are figuring out who he is and what all has been taken, the dumb bastard returns.

He claimed that he was scared because I yelled at him and that is why he ran. He said we could search his car (which he just dumped clean).

I suggest we do one better. The foremen hold him while we searched the surrounding area. A guy on our crew found everything behind a building a few hundred yards away. He had accumulated a coupe thousand dollars worth of tools over the course of the day.

The police came and took him in for outstanding warrants in Ohio, and he was charged with felony theft. It turns out that theft from a job site is a serious charge in PA.

I never found out how it turned out, but he was looking at some serious time in PA and Ohio.

That thief got served.

Can’t think of a witty construction site joke.

He got off kind of gently, realy.

Alot of tradesmen consider their tools their livelyhood, and if you try to take away their livelyhood you will be luck to walk away intact.

If not for a few cooler heads on the foremen, that would have been a bloodbath.