UFC 107 Penn vs Sanchez

I’m picking Penn, (literally my number one and two favorite fighters, I just think BJ will win, but don’t care who does.

Kongo, as much as I don’t like Brock it seems like Mir is an even bigger douchebag. Making fun of his english? For having such a shitty ground game Kongo has never been submitted, his TD defense sucks but his sub defense is ok.

Guida, Florian will be exposed for his lack of wrestling and he freaks out when someone is coming after him, he just runs. I thought Huerta would beat him, but it seemed like Roger was fighting different than usual. People should remember Guida is at Jackson’s camp so his strategy should at least be on par with Florian’s.

Buentello should win.

Fitch vs. Pierce should be interesting, but I have Fitch.

Anyone see that Mir weighed in 22.5 pounds heavier than he did against Lesnar? Hopefully he is alot stronger and fit for a Brock rematch where he won’t be completely outmuscled prvided he does beat Kongo.

BJ Penn has the best entrance music in MMA.

Kenflo just made tidy work of Guida…

Damn Kenny and Mir brought it.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
As solid as Sanchez is Penn seems invincable at 155. I don’t see Sanchez or anyone else beating him as long as he stays focused.

I’d like to see Mir take this fight seriously and not dive in for the highlight submission. Kongo can obviously bang but I don’t ever remember him knocking anyone out. I got Mir here.

Don’t really care who wins the Guida Florian fight, I just wanna watch 'em beat the hell out of eachother.[/quote]

Like you said, Penn at 155, ain’t no one better.

As long as Penn stays in top condition, Marinovich is going to start making some money in MMA.

155 needs some more talent, BJ makes these guys look like bums.

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
As solid as Sanchez is Penn seems invincable at 155. I don’t see Sanchez or anyone else beating him as long as he stays focused.

I’d like to see Mir take this fight seriously and not dive in for the highlight submission. Kongo can obviously bang but I don’t ever remember him knocking anyone out. I got Mir here.

Don’t really care who wins the Guida Florian fight, I just wanna watch 'em beat the hell out of eachother.[/quote]

Like you said, Penn at 155, ain’t no one better.

As long as Penn stays in top condition, Marinovich is going to start making some money in MMA.[/quote]

This is one of the best cards I’ve seen. Mir was way thicker through his upperbody and clearly has his eyes set on a Lesnar rematch. Alan Belcher is fun to watch and avenged his being robbed last outing. The guy fighting Fitch looks like he has a future and if he had an extra minute he would’ve finished the fight. Fitch is really good but I just don’t think he has “it”. Florian looked really good and Guida still takes a whoopin’ like no one else. It’s amazing how good BJ Penn is. That was one of the most dominant performances I’ve ever seen. He took a guy who’s been a wrecking ball since coming down to lw and tossed a completely one sided beating his way. I honestly don’t think anyone wants anything to do with him at lw at this point and he might have to jump to 170. What an awesome night of fights.

i think Mir is going to shock everyone w/ his hands, drop Kongo early and put his lights out w/ a choke. Mir was formerly a beast, remember when he snapped timmy’s arm…Mir is that beast again + bigger 264 is HUGE, Mir’s been reading T-Cell Alpha.

Penn is going to destroy Sanchez, drop him early, show great TD defense, superior boxing, off the hook cardio…he’ll completely out class him the open up a bloody vagina on the nightmare’s forehead late!

Penn fucking destroyed Sanchez with superior boxing and stuffing takedowns all night. Very impressive performance by BJ. However, Sanchez is retard strong and lasted until stoppage by cut in the 5th.

Seriously, when was the last time that someone truly tested BJ? Aside from GSP, that is.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
i think Mir is going to shock everyone w/ his hands, drop Kongo early and put his lights out w/ a choke. Mir was formerly a beast, remember when he snapped timmy’s arm…Mir is that beast again + bigger 264 is HUGE, Mir’s been reading T-Cell Alpha.

Penn is going to destroy Sanchez, drop him early, show great TD defense, superior boxing, off the hook cardio…he’ll completely out class him the open up a bloody vagina on the nightmare’s forehead late!

[/quote]

This would have been a great prediction BEFORE the card started haha.

Great card! I expected Mir to submit Kongo, I didn’t think he’d rock him and put him to sleep. KenFlo solid performance against Guida. Used good footwork and hit him with enough strikes to set up the knockdown. Nice job of sticking to the gameplan. Looks like he’ll be making another run towards the belt. And BJ made Diego look average at best. I thought when he rocked Diego early, he was gonna finish, but Diego hung tough and showed heart. BJ is just too good.

Since Diego was the best LW that could challenge BJ for his belt, who else is there left for him to fight at LW? Maynard, Diaz, Griffin, Edgar, none of these guys will give BJ a legitimate challenge to his belt.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Great card! I expected Mir to submit Kongo, I didn’t think he’d rock him and put him to sleep. KenFlo solid performance against Guida. Used good footwork and hit him with enough strikes to set up the knockdown. Nice job of sticking to the gameplan. Looks like he’ll be making another run towards the belt. And BJ made Diego look average at best. I thought when he rocked Diego early, he was gonna finish, but Diego hung tough and showed heart. BJ is just too good.

Since Diego was the best LW that could challenge BJ for his belt, who else is there left for him to fight at LW? Maynard, Diaz, Griffin, Edgar, none of these guys will give BJ a legitimate challenge to his belt.[/quote]

Unfortunately that seems to be the case in several weight classes atm. I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing some of those guys you named get a shot at Penn, but I agree that he’s probably going to whoop all of them.

I don’t see anyone beating GSP at WW anytime soon, nor do I see anyone beating Anderson at MW. Sometimes you just wind up with that one dominant person owning a weight class for a while, it happens. I don’t really think that having the champ switch weight classes is much help. Sure, it might make for an entertaining fight, but you also tie up both belts with that one fight and seldom does the guy moving up actually win anyhow. And even if they do win, then they’ve got both belts which decreases the frequency that contenders can contest for those belts.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:

Since Diego was the best LW that could challenge BJ for his belt, who else is there left for him to fight at LW? Maynard, Diaz, Griffin, Edgar, none of these guys will give BJ a legitimate challenge to his belt.[/quote]

Unfortunately that seems to be the case in several weight classes atm. I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing some of those guys you named get a shot at Penn, but I agree that he’s probably going to whoop all of them.

I don’t see anyone beating GSP at WW anytime soon, nor do I see anyone beating Anderson at MW. Sometimes you just wind up with that one dominant person owning a weight class for a while, it happens. I don’t really think that having the champ switch weight classes is much help. Sure, it might make for an entertaining fight, but you also tie up both belts with that one fight and seldom does the guy moving up actually win anyhow. And even if they do win, then they’ve got both belts which decreases the frequency that contenders can contest for those belts.[/quote]

Yeah it’s definitely a stranglehold at these 3 weight classes. Lyoto def has the toughest challenge at LHW with so many legitimate contenders that can challenge him for the belt.

And I agree with fighters moving weight classes, it really doesn’t do much benefit for anyone other than the guy who has both belts.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:

[/quote]

He’s been reading T Nation? Interesting if true.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Maynard, Diaz, Griffin, Edgar, none of these guys will give BJ a legitimate challenge to his belt.[/quote]

He should just fight two of these guys on the same card, back-to-back.

C’mon… admit you guys are trying to figure out how that could work…

[quote]dOcean13 wrote:

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Maynard, Diaz, Griffin, Edgar, none of these guys will give BJ a legitimate challenge to his belt.[/quote]

He should just fight two of these guys on the same card, back-to-back.

C’mon… admit you guys are trying to figure out how that could work…[/quote]

Simple, host the event in Japan.

I would like to see Gray Maynard given a shot. BUT…I wouldn’t mind seeing Nate Diaz in there with BJ just because of how they match up style-wise…and personality-wise…lol.

Speaking of which…Maynard vs. Diaz at next UFC Fight Night.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
I would like to see Gray Maynard given a shot. BUT…I wouldn’t mind seeing Nate Diaz in there with BJ just because of how they match up style-wise…and personality-wise…lol.

Speaking of which…Maynard vs. Diaz at next UFC Fight Night.[/quote]

Yeah, and I’m pretty sure whoever wins this fight will probably be in line to fight BJ next.