Temporary Short-Time Program to Improve Appearance

Hello everyone!

While attending the T-ransformation challenge this year, many things happened and I’m changing my job, house, even the country I’m living in. Together with multiple personal factors tied to this changes, I’m often getting terribly stressed (which I’m prone to anyway) to the point, where I’m unable to eat much for most of the days (feeling sick), feel sleepy and stressed to the point of my hands trembling. With this, I’ve unfortunately lost like 9lbs over the last few weeks and it makes it basically unrealistic to do Super Squats I was planning to continue with after my run of Stronglifts 5x5, which worked pretty well strength-wise in the end. My journey is described in my log: Journey to Size

So, for now, I’d love to go for something very temporary (like up to 6 weeks), trying to improve my appearance slightly without a very good regime, as I’m trying to eat, sleep and train, but I’m unable to guarantee the first two elements now. Also, I’d really like to see some positive change, as I’m getting really depressed about losing all my progress among the other things… Also, I’m trying to supplement with creatine, L-arginine and phosphatidylserine, but it doesn’t seem to have much effect in my situation.

Is there anything I could do now? My current photos are below. And yeah, I’d love to improve my upper body muscles, but, I’m pretty sure, that bulking is done for now, isn’t it?

Thank you for every suggestion!

1 Like

I would just work on cardio, getting your diet figured out and getting your mental state settled. Find an easy PPL split and train it once per week(3days a week) till you get your rhythm back and things settle down. Don’t put more stress on yourself to make progress. You know this is a ling game and there are no quick fixes.
Do you have a training log on here we can follow and help you work on these things?

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I’ll have a look at something like that… Also, yeah, my log is Journey to Size

1 Like

Track calories, don’t go over.

Add a bunch of cardio.

Losing fat will have the biggest impact on your current physique by far. Good luck

3 Likes

Lower your expectations, don’t lock yourself to a too ambitious program. Focus on a few short, good full body workouts whenever you feel alright - 1-3 times a week. This is where HIT comes in.

The 30-10-30 technique is a great variation for short quality workouts, and will definitely help you lose some bodyfat, while gaining muscle.

2 Likes

For a limited time, bust ass program that will give you new growth like nothing you’ve ever done, try 28 Days Later by John Meadows!

1 Like

‘I’m often getting terribly stressed (which I’m prone to anyway) to the point, where I’m unable to eat much for most of the days (feeling sick), feel sleepy and stressed to the point of my hands trembling’.

^I would strongly recommend that you talk to someone about this, ie a doctor, counsellor etc.

Sleep and food and stress management are three of the most important pillars for health, happiness, recovery, learning, emotional stability etc.

4 Likes

Agree!!

1 Like