T Nation

Journey to Size

Hi everybody!

This log is a continuation of my “intro” in this thread: Can I Realistically Improve my Body Now?

In summary, I used to do judo and kickboxing back in high school, but later, during the uni I was struggling with no time to train, no money, some health issues etc. and I lost all my condition and a lot of weight (about 25lbs in last 2 years).

So now, I’m like 160lbs. I’d love to put on plenty of mass, not necessarily ripped. I’ve always admired huge physiques of strongmen and powerlifters, so I’d love to get to about 220lbs, maybe somewhat above, if possible.

But realizing, that’s an extremely long-term perspective, now I’d like to simply get mobile and fit, for the beginning.

14/6/2019
Evening training:
I found some notes from my last year rehab, so I’ll use them also to get back some core strength.

• “Rehab” exercises to strengthen my abs (20min)
  • 4 x 15 reps push-ups
  • 4 x 15 reps squats

While it sounds funny, I felt totally wasted already after the core training. Push-ups and squats done with huge pauses, I really needed to catch my breath.

Also, every time in the lower position (both during push-up and squat) my joints are cracking, which made me quite nervous. But, let’s continue and hopefully it will be gone in a while.

1 Like

In for the log man.

I’ve had time back after lay offs myself, this stuff comes back quickly.

Yeah getting back to it is always hard the first few times. My knees are cracking loudly also when I do when bodyweight squats but they don"t when I put on some weight (got ACL surgery on both) you shouldn’t worry about it.

You said you’re from the South of France? Where?

Well, that sounds good!

Also, I’m from the Czech Republic - I’ve been to the South France, Toulouse specifically, for the last year.

15/6/2019
Afternoon training
A little of free time, so it’s here:

• Core exercises
  • 2 x 15 normal push-ups
  • 1 x 15 push-ups on fists
  • 3 x 15 squats

Feeling very tired even after this, but squats are much better, legs seem quite strong still. Also, if I’m not squatting “not top of my heels”, but just under horizontal position, the cracking vanishes completely.

1 Like

Like above, it comes back quickly, although you will be sore! Good stuff for making the change mate

@dagill2 @I_Luc Thank you very much for support, guys!

1 Like

16/12/2019
Rest

17/12/2019
Morning
A little of time in the morning:

• 1 x 15 push ups
  • 1 x 20 squats

Evening

• Core exercises
  • 4 x 15 push ups
  • 4 x 20 squats

Legs are ok (surprisingly), but upper body feels terrible - huge pecs asymmetry and the whole upper body feels overtrained. Abs feel much better now, seem to be much stronger and also firmer than a few days ago…

1 Like

18/6/2019
No time to train, huge workload for the last few days :frowning:

19/6/2019
New photo - slightly improved definition of the upper body, other than that, the size (or better said, the lack of it) is terrible… :frowning_face:

Today still working, but I’ll make the workout later in the evening.

Well guys, I’m back! I had no time to write here, because of me moving back to my home country, dividing things with my ex and undergoing a minor surgery this week. That said, I’ll be back into training (and a real gym finally) in the end of July. I’m looking forward!

1 Like