Teen Powerlifters: What Are Your Stats?

19 y/o
180 lbs
181# class raw

Deadlift 538
Squat 385
Bench 265

And i’ll be going for the national raw deadlift record on April 10 in Chicago (i believe it’s 534 for my age and weightclass)

1 Like

[quote]jonatan-shg wrote:

With your point being what? :slight_smile:

There is great difference in there kgs you’re gonna be lifting in a high WPO multiply squat and a deeper IPF singleply with walkout…

Which is why 1000lb squat in WPO is “nothing”, but VERY impressive in IPF.

Of course greater/lesser ROM and gear will change the poundage you lift, this seems to be for people wanting to compare, they cannot compare to something they do not know what is.[/quote]

My point is every powerlifter already knows the difference. Trying to emphasise and qualify the fact the squats are deep makes it look like you’re trying to have some sort of excuse.

You’re still squatting more than probably 80% of the people here, so stop trying to impress by saying you do low squats.

And yes, a 1,000lb squat in the WPO is “nothing”, because the fed doesn’t exist anymore. But in other multiply feds, I’d confidently say it’s still “something”.

[quote]motherofpearl wrote:

[quote]bignate wrote:
18, 250 pounds 6’5’’
275/315/405 coming back from a back injury should be around 350/315/475 in a couple motnhs of 5/3/1
[/quote]

not bad for a tall guy.[/quote]

ha it should be better, i finallt figured out my bench this summer and ive always sucked at squats, ive done a 345x2 with wraps squat and a 495 pull before i wrecked my back at my meet :confused:

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]motherofpearl wrote:

[quote]Hanley wrote:
400/255/440 @ 198 back in the day… raw.

Currently shooting for the following at my next comp in march, @ 220lb in single ply gear @ 23yo
700/475/600[/quote]
Your not a teen your a adult.[/quote]

“Back in the day…(I was a teen)”. I thought that was inferred.

And @23 I’m not an adult/senior when it comes to competitions. I’m a junior.

And it’s “you’re”, not “your”.

Three mistakes in seven words, impressive. Even for an 09’er.[/quote]

acually I was a 08er but I lost my password. I think what the op meant was teens ages x<or=21

19 yrs old
5’10
bench-370
squat-450
deadlift- 455

Im 17, 220lbs 6ft. been training 2 years.started powerlifting training around 5 months ago ive competed once and i only lift RAW my best numbers are:

485lb squat

308lb bench

617lb deadlift.

and i am to (and therefor will) pull 661lb (300kg) before im 18

[quote]Northernirish wrote:
Im 17, 220lbs 6ft. been training 2 years.started powerlifting training around 5 months ago ive competed once and i only lift RAW my best numbers are:

485lb squat

308lb bench

617lb deadlift.

and i am to (and therefor will) pull 661lb (300kg) before im 18 [/quote]

solid. i want to hit that deadlift by the time im 18 too. that’d be badass.
you pull sumo or conventional?

19 gym lifts (unequipped)

Squat - 330
Bench - 315
Deadlift - 450

i pull conventional man. And yeah its good to see some other sub-18 guys in the 600lb plus range for deads :).i pull Really wide grip and feet close together but angled out people say my dead lift form is strange but it gets the weight up!

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]jonatan-shg wrote:

With your point being what? :slight_smile:

There is great difference in there kgs you’re gonna be lifting in a high WPO multiply squat and a deeper IPF singleply with walkout…

Which is why 1000lb squat in WPO is “nothing”, but VERY impressive in IPF.

Of course greater/lesser ROM and gear will change the poundage you lift, this seems to be for people wanting to compare, they cannot compare to something they do not know what is.[/quote]

My point is every powerlifter already knows the difference. Trying to emphasise and qualify the fact the squats are deep makes it look like you’re trying to have some sort of excuse.

You’re still squatting more than probably 80% of the people here, so stop trying to impress by saying you do low squats.

And yes, a 1,000lb squat in the WPO is “nothing”, because the fed doesn’t exist anymore. But in other multiply feds, I’d confidently say it’s still “something”.[/quote]

Ah, well, my bad then, as you see I know very little about the different feds, so it was just my intention to clarify what type of fed IPF is, I did not think the other teens knew that, unless they compete in it themselves.

And yes, just standing up with 1000lb on your back is something I probably could not do, but doing a 1000lb squat in “parallel”, multiply style is IMO MUCH less impressive than what people like Belyaev put up. I am not one to talk, though, as I have not tried that type of squat myself.

[quote]Northernirish wrote:
i pull Really wide grip and feet close together but angled out people say my dead lift form is strange but it gets the weight up! [/quote]

i used to pull the same way. Plus gettin the weight up is all that counts meet day anyways :slight_smile:

16 Yeas old, 6 feet, 180

Bench: 245
Squat: 310
Deadlift: 310

Yeah, i know, deadlift suck

[quote]destroyedquads wrote:
19 years old
200lb
6’3

Bench: 185x1
Squat: 225x1
Deadlift: 275x3

Hardcore powerlifter right here.[/quote]

LOL

What’s this 00/00/00?
Like what order I mean?

16 years old. 6 foot 2 maybe 6 foot 3. 265 pounds’ish.
Deadlift-405 for 8
Bench-265 for 3
Squat-405 for 5

I have never competed and won’t.

19 years old
height: 5-10
weight: 260lbs

Squat: 485 lbs
Bench: 325 lbs (touch and go)
Deadlift: 536x2

all lifts were done without belts, wraps, straps, etc.

These were not in competition but I know they were all legal lifts

[quote]im kenny wrote:
What’s this 00/00/00?
Like what order I mean?

16 years old. 6 foot 2 maybe 6 foot 3. 265 pounds’ish.
Deadlift-405 for 8
Bench-265 for 3
Squat-405 for 5

I have never competed and won’t. [/quote]
You should, man
Insane lifts for a 16 year old

No longer a teen but I had a couple of years where i had some good numbers…

15 years old 145 lbs
Bench 285
Squat 300
Powerclean 250 (didn’t do deadlifts in high school)

19 years old 185 lbs
Bench 300
Squat 350
Deadlift 425

[quote]james258 wrote:
No longer a teen but I had a couple of years where i had some good numbers…

15 years old 145 lbs
Bench 285
Squat 300
Powerclean 250 (didn’t do deadlifts in high school)

19 years old 185 lbs
Bench 300
Squat 350
Deadlift 425[/quote]

Why almost no gains from 15-19? Im assuming you took a year of two off.

[quote]im kenny wrote:

I have never competed and won’t. [/quote]

Likely story.

first time deadlifted at 16 pulled a 315 for one rep but i wont post my numbers since i just started powerlifitng hope to be strong like you guys :D! i really hope for it. I think squatting 3x a week heavy will fix that :smiley: