Still a Fat Man in a Little Coat

Nice squats. I hate when I hit the pins. Really throws me off. Yeah, the commentary made me giggle on the squat vid. And I needed a good laugh.

You guys are fun.

joweee did you edit your video?? remember that’s a 60lb bar. glad i forgot until after my set.

[quote]PeteS wrote:
awesome work. great looking gym too. they have a mono there? [/quote]

the only mono i’m going to get from there is from the cold.

Nice squatting, sweet new gym too.

Plan to try the log out Meat?

O’ mah Lordy Lord Lord. I laughed my arse off at MM’s comments on Joweee’s 405 x 5 video. That was great!!! (way to get that 5th rep, Joweee)

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
joweee did you edit your video?? remember that’s a 60lb bar. glad i forgot until after my set. [/quote]

Oh yeah. I edit’d the deadlift video it said +50 not 100… and saw the 420 on there and thought you just made a mistake. I forgot we were using that big ass bar.

joweee did you edit your video?? remember that’s a 60lb bar. glad i forgot until after my set. [/quote]

I’m gonna change it back now, but I’m gonna bring a scale to that damn gym and weigh some of the stuff in there and check the chains also. If that bar was 60 lbs then I hit a 15 lb 2 rep PR… pretty nice. :smiley:

Edit: Although last squat day I hit 385 for 6 and that was pretty hard, so I’m kind of skeptical of that bar weighing 60 lbs, since that would be a 35 lb jump and I probably would have got 6 again if I hadn’t have hit that pin.

Or, the new gym and new exercises we are doing are paying off. :slight_smile:

I will bring a scale though to test it.

Hey Meat your favorite thread is active again :slight_smile:

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Hey Meat your favorite thread is active again :slight_smile:

yeah… i noticed that. it’s funny how that after many have come forward to say that their experiences show hammer strength machines are much easier than free weights, that the focus has majically changed to “feeling” the muscle now.

the bodybuilding forum is my guilty pleasure. always good for a lot of drama and caddy dick swinging. meanwhile no one is actually accomplishing anything in the real world.

When I venture outside of the Over 35 and Powerful Women forums, it’s always for some Jerry Springer fun.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
When I venture outside of the Over 35 and Powerful Women forums, it’s always for some Jerry Springer fun.[/quote]

i have to agree. there’s nothing more fun than watching the train wrecks. I love how passionate some of them can be when arguing about something they really have no real world knowledge about.

what did we all do before there was the internet?? ohhh, that’s right… we actually did the things that “we” now hate on others about.

loads of dbags in the other forums, but it is fun to watch. keeps me entertained when work is slow but christ, how inflated some peoples egos get on the internet.

to become a member of my bb club there are some tests you have to pass. one thing that happens is everyone gets internet searched. some of the results that come up are effen hilarious. lots of ‘not a fit’ w/o meeting them in person. most young uns don’t seem to realize their internet activity, trolling and whatnot, has real world consequences.

I love how passionate some of them can be when arguing about something they really have no real world knowledge about.

what did we all do before there was the internet?? ohhh, that’s right… we actually did the things that “we” now hate on others about. [/quote]

Yes- like the childless wonders offering ‘sage advice’ about parenting.

I’ve pretty much stopped even looking at the PWI forum. Sheezus.

I read alot but don’t say much…but Meat, the 500 lb reverse grip bench in that other thread was priceless…if it can get real quiet on the internet, it did right there. It was awesome.

[quote]PeteS wrote:
loads of dbags in the other forums, but it is fun to watch. keeps me entertained when work is slow but christ, how inflated some peoples egos get on the internet.

to become a member of my bb club there are some tests you have to pass. one thing that happens is everyone gets internet searched. some of the results that come up are effen hilarious. lots of ‘not a fit’ w/o meeting them in person. most young uns don’t seem to realize their internet activity, trolling and whatnot, has real world consequences. [/quote]

but trollin is what i livs for!

1-15-11 Military - Week 3, Cycle 5

Seated DB Press
10x20
8x50
6x70
6x90

*Superset
Flat DB Bench / Chest-Supported T-bar Row
8x80 / 8x2 plates
8x80 / 10x2 p
10x80 / 8x2.5 p
15x80 / 8x2.5 p

*Superset
Front Plate Raise / Bent-Over Rear DB Fly
10x45 / 10x40
10x45 / 10x40

*Superset
Glute-Ham Raise / Incline DB Curl
10xBW / 10x35
10xBW / 12x30

Pretty good workout. We were supposed to bench today but Scott had something he had to to so couldn’t make it. So since we were just screwing around this cycle with push press we just did this shoulder / accessory day instead. We will deadlift monday like planned then just do bench on wednesday, then squats to finish out this cycle.

I took my scale into the gym today to test some things. I suspected my scale was a bit light and I threw the 45 lb bars on there and they were weighing 43.8, and some of the 45 plates weighed 43.8… so I think it is consistent but a bit light. Although, there is a huge mix of different kind of plates, and a couple of them weighed 45, which with my scale they woulda been more like 46, and there were a couple plates that even weighed 46, so they are probably a bit over 47.

Oh, and I weighed that bar we squatted with, it was a bit heavier… bout 50lbs, instead of 45. So I still squatted 410 instead of 405… but it wasn’t quite as heavy as we thought. Couldn’t quite feel the difference holding the bar, but I think if it was 60 instead of 45 you could probably tell it was heavier just by holding it. It definitely looks a lot bigger though.

I also weighed the chains, and they were 20 lbs a set, and not 25. So I was doing +80 not 100.

Anyway, I can’t wait to deadlift on monday… I think I am going to feel pretty good going into it.

1-17-11 Deadlifts

Conventional Deadlifts
6x135
4x225
2x315
1x405
1x495
1x545 … felt like a max… wtf?

High Box Squats *couple inches above parallel
4x140
2x230
1x320
1x410
1x460
1x500

GHR’s
4x8xBW

Close-Grip Bench *paused
5x135
5x225

Well, I was pretty pissed off with deadlifts today. I really don’t know why everything felt so fcking heavy today. It was a day when every warmup felt way heavier than it should have, then I went to attempt 545 and expected it to pop up and was like wtf? So I pulled it again and got it, but it was slow. I squatted pretty heavy on the 12th, and did deads against chains after… but I didn’t feel too beat up after all that. It’s possible I haven’t been eating enough. I’m going to crack down on my diet again.

I don’t know why but I felt like doing something heavy after deadlifts so I did those squats. As with deadlifts, squatting felt WAYYYYY heavier than it should have… but I did them anyway, heh. 4 plates felt like 600 lbs on my back… 5 plates felt like a fcking ton. I was taking forever and running late so after that I just did some quick accessory crap and got out of there.

Bleh.

I hate days when everything feels heavy. But it happens to all of us.

What’s the benefit of training high box squats?

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I hate days when everything feels heavy. But it happens to all of us.

What’s the benefit of training high box squats?[/quote]

Yeah it sucks. Oh well, just one day I guess.

The benefit? I couldn’t tell you, lol. I just felt like doing something different, and heavy. :slight_smile:

Oh, just put up the video that I took of it. Just to see how high it was. I think on a good day I could a good bit more. No reason to do them again for a long time though, heh. Just havin some fun.