Still a Fat Man in a Little Coat

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
MMeat- Is opening a home/garage/warehouse gym yourself completely out of the question?[/quote]

at this point in my life, there’s no way i could swing it unfortunately.

Sorry to read about the gym issues. Hope the drive isn’t to bad to the PL gym. A squat cage, bench and weights can get quite expensive. Especially the sturdy equipment a gorilla like you would need.

1-8-11 Deadlifts - Week 2, Cycle 5

Conventional Deadlifts
6x135
6x135
4x225
2x315
3x415(70%)
3x470(80%)
3x530(90%) +5 LB PR
*Elevated Pulls … below knee
1x495
1x565

Glute-Ham Raise *a real one!!
lots… just finding right adjustments to hit the hamstrings well.

*Superset
T-bar Rows / 1-Arm DB Rows
10x2 plates / 10x70
10x3 plates / 10x70
10x4 plates / 10x70

Slight Decline Situps
3 sets…

Well, went to the new gym today… the warehouse PL/strongman gym… everything I could have hoped for. Haven’t deadlifted in 3 weeks due to deload then getting sick… so today they felt heavy but still managed a small PR. Next week I’m going to do a few singles trying out the chains!!

I took a few pictures but scott took a video of the whole place that I’m sure he will post. I’m really excited to have found a place like this!!

That’s awesome about the new PL gym. And about the PR, Jowee. No PR is too small in my book.

Meat: I really liked your car dealership analogy. Very well thought out.

first day of the rest of my life…

jowee found us an underground gym to train in. it’s about 2 thousand square feet of powerlifting, MMA and strong man equipment. there’s only ten other members. it uses a keyless entry system so we can train whenever we want. i have a video of the new home.

today’s training at the new compound.

elevated deads- shin level. adductor felt great today. conventional deads are feel’n good. i’ll stick with this height for one more week and then for the next cycle i’ll lower it some.

warmups
135x6
225x6
315x4
405x4

working sets
70%- 495x3
80%- 560x3
90%- 630x2

700x1 +25lb PR

GHR’s on actual, real life GHR

some x some

ghetto rows

some x some

dumbell rows

some x some

decline situps

some x some

here’s the new compound.

I can say that I’m official jealous . I m now going to be even more annoyed when I have to avoid all the bosu ball clowns at the Local YMCA. Damn I hope it warms up soon . Buy the way I wanted to publicly thank you for the input on the front squats.

Everything a fat powerlifter needs to get stronger.

The elevated DL vid is priceless with the ammonia and slap across the face. My coach slaps me sometimes before I lift. But not across the face.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Everything a fat powerlifter needs to get stronger.

The elevated DL vid is priceless with the ammonia and slap across the face. My coach slaps me sometimes before I lift. But not across the face.[/quote]

are you sure you are talking about deadlifting or your coach??:slight_smile:

Glad you found a more fitting environment. BTW, Schwab and Jordan must be reading this thread, and our criticisms:

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=136170&tid=

[quote]PeteS wrote:
Glad you found a more fitting environment. BTW, Schwab and Jordan must be reading this thread, and our criticisms:

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=136170&tid= [/quote]

i must be a little dense. all i saw was a hot chick doing situps on his GHR.

overhead press’n in the new dungeon of iron

warmup
0x10
135x6
185x4

working sets
70%- 210x3
80%- 240x3
90%- 270x3

300x2

205x10 x 2
225x10

dumbell cleans

some x some

trap bar shrugs

some x some

seated calf raise

some x some

it was cold as shit in there tonight but once we got warmed up it was all good.

1-10-11 Military - Week 2, Cycle 5

Squats
10xBar
12x135
12x135

BTN Push Press *I was doing a push jerk I guess…?
10xBar
5x135
2x185
1x225
0x275
0x280
0x280
0x280
1x280 +5 LB PR
10x135 *strict
8x135

*Circuit
Trap Bar Shrugs / Seated Calf Raises / Seated DB Cleans
3x20x225 / 3x20x1.5 plates / 3x20x20

Finally got that ****er… lol. I knew I could get it damn it, lol. Was pretty spent by time I did though. Not really following 5/3/1 for military this cycle. Just having some fun with push presses.

That circuit burned pretty bad, then we got out of there. Bench day I’ll hit some heavier rows.

Edit: Forgot to list them but I did some squats for warming up.

Alllllright!! The inspirational videos are baccck. Great stuff guys.

[quote]punnyguy wrote:
Alllllright!! The inspirational videos are baccck. Great stuff guys.[/quote]

having our new gym to train in has really fired us up.

[quote]punnyguy wrote:

Haha. I should have saved and edited all 4 videos together… my 3 failures being first then actually getting the weight.

[quote]Joweeee wrote:

[quote]punnyguy wrote:

Haha. I should have saved and edited all 4 videos together… my 3 failures being first then actually getting the weight.[/quote]

I saw that, and that’s exactly why I loved the video. You would not be denied!!!

skwatts- great night!!! having awesome equipment and great atmosphere really makes a difference!!! although it was cold as shit in there…no heat.

squats- used a low box to determine depth instead of having it called.
135x6
225x4
315x4
405x3
495x1
585x1
670x1-this set felt so much better than last week’s 635. form felt solid all the way through. move’n on to 700.

safety bar squat to box- paused

135x10
225x10x2

that’s it. hips were very fatigued after all of this.

awesome work. great looking gym too. they have a mono there?

You’re amazing. But I can’t imagine why your hips would be tired.

1-12-11 Squats - Week 2, Cycle 5

Squats
10xBar
6x135
3x225
3x315(70%)
3x365(80%)
5x405(90%) +2 Rep PR

Conventional Deadlifts *with chains!!
3x225 +50 lb of chain
1x225 +100 lb of chain
1x315 +100 lb of chain
5x1x405 +100 lb of chain

Awesome night. Felt like I had another rep or two on squats but when I hit the safety bars that hard it really fucked me up. Previous best was 3x405, so I’m still pretty happy with that. :slight_smile:

First time trying out the chains… and I loved it. It feels so much more natural and smooth than pulling against bands. Ended up doing 5 singles with that 405. I might keep doing 405, and putting more chain on there, or just add weight to the bar… not sure yet.

Edit: I watched the squat video and laughed pretty hard at the ending… lol.