Steroid Posts in T-Cell Alpha

[quote]rainjack wrote:

None of you guys were around when T-Nation used to be truly hardcore. It was almost self-moderated because there was zero tolerance for stupidity, and the noobs back then - like I was knew to shut the fuck up and read.

[/quote]

I was. I was the original Speedracer, joined in 2003, but lurked for years. I used a stored password so long I lost it when I changed machines and created a new account.

RJ’s spot-on – things were very different back then, and I never posted because of it. Even though I had a decade of lifting and competing under my belt, I didn’t feel I knew enough at the time to offer anything useful.

Regardless of my inability to post in the new forum I have great interest in several of the threads started there already. I will add it to my daily reads.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I mean there are several ‘vets’ in this forum who I suspect are vets because they repeat what they have heard from other vets. In short, they did not arrive at the answers themselvs, but more from parrot learning. They do not have the multiple-cycle experience it takes to evaluate different protocols and theories, etc[/quote]

^I’m bumping this^

People have been getting the vet title in here for a while now who shouldn’t be.

I would suggest a steroid T Cell. I think would be awesome. TC just announced that other T Cells will be formed.

[quote]CJK wrote:
I would suggest a steroid T Cell. I think would be awesome. TC just announced that other T Cells will be formed.[/quote]

Perhaps. This was discussed in depth not long ago, with moderator input, and may have been a deciding factor in creating a forum-wide private forum (instead of just a “vet” steroid forum). The consensus was that a special “vet”/Alpha steroid forum would promote elitism and separate the knowledgeable guys from the newbies, limiting the input in the regular steroid forum.

This isn’t such a big deal with the Alpha T-Cell as RJ outlined, but with an individual forum I think it would be a problem, especially with something as serious as steroids. I doubt there will be T-Cells for individual topics like steroids, nutrition, etc.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
I mean there are several ‘vets’ in this forum who I suspect are vets because they repeat what they have heard from other vets. In short, they did not arrive at the answers themselvs, but more from parrot learning. They do not have the multiple-cycle experience it takes to evaluate different protocols and theories, etc
[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:
I mean there are several ‘vets’ in this forum who I suspect are vets because they repeat what they have heard from other vets. In short, they did not arrive at the answers themselvs, but more from parrot learning. They do not have the multiple-cycle experience it takes to evaluate different protocols and theories, etc

Agreed.[/quote]

Actually it’s already starting to fill up with emptiness in my humble opinion. It’s going to end up just like other forums in a way you’ll see. There’s nothing there so unaccessible as to be justifiable for only that area of the site. I am not that excited with it right now, but look forward to some awesome stuff down the road in between the “clutter”. You see, it will be just as these other forums are also. It will have it’s share of the same old clutter, we will see this, I have no doubt.

But I’m not bashing it, just calling it how I see it.

ToneBone

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:

Agreed.[/quote]

And there are also guys that have done many cycles that don’t know jack. This has already been discussed. Someone that’s put in a lot of time and effort researching is more valuable than some numb-skull.

There’s a lot more than just amount of cycles to consider when declaring someone a “vet.” Years training. Diet manipulation smarts. Effective training techniques. And most important: attainment of personal results coupled with the ability and patience to explain (or otherwise direct) others how to achieve them themselves.

[quote]kroby wrote:
Schwarzenegger wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:

Agreed.

And there are also guys that have done many cycles that don’t know jack. This has already been discussed. Someone that’s put in a lot of time and effort researching is more valuable than some numb-skull.

There’s a lot more than just amount of cycles to consider when declaring someone a “vet.” Years training. Diet manipulation smarts. Effective training techniques. And most important: attainment of personal results coupled with the ability and patience to explain (or otherwise direct) others how to achieve them themselves.[/quote]

Very well said Krobsta!

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
Actually it’s already starting to fill up with emptiness in my humble opinion. It’s going to end up just like other forums in a way you’ll see. There’s nothing there so unaccessible as to be justifiable for only that area of the site. I am not that excited with it right now, but look forward to some awesome stuff down the road in between the “clutter”. You see, it will be just as these other forums are also. It will have it’s share of the same old clutter, we will see this, I have no doubt.

But I’m not bashing it, just calling it how I see it.

ToneBone[/quote]

I was going to mention something along these lines, but I didn’t want people to think that I’m cynical (although I am).

The the only thing tht bothers me in this section is ther seem to be very few who have a lot of real world AAS experience. Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people, but nothing replaces first hand experiences. And I’m sorry, but I sometimes get sick of the “first cycle” posts.

-M

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Wanted to toss something out here. Not sure if it’s the right thread or not but many vets will see it here so here goes.

I may act like a screwball on the SAMA and Off Topic forums but I am completely serious when it comes to training, AAS, and nutrition.

Despite my longtime readership on T-Nation, since 2002, I was a complete newbie in regards to AAS until a little over a year ago. I did extensive reading here and elsewhere. Still had questions that I PM’ed to two or three vets that when I look back on it seem a little dumb, like I should’ve known better from my “research”.

Now here’s my point. Just a word of caution to those who are quick to descend like a hawk on a rabbit when one posts an AAS question that seems a little foolish - sometimes a guy still needs to raise his hand in class and ask a question of the teacher even when the answer is already in the textbook sitting on his desk. I know I did.

I do think the Newbie stickies are great and would’ve helped me immensely had they been up at the time.[/quote]

I agree with you on that. Of course, being the step below Newbie might make me biased.

However, some of you know me and the fact I haven’t jumped into a cycle but I have never, repeat never, had anyone jump down my throat. Am I that special? I don’t think so. There is a big reason you see me in this forum 99% of the time. The quality of posters and the lack of any elite-club feel is what drew me here.

Someone said it, this place is like an underground T-Cell. We just need to keep working to keep the place up to the standards that drew us all here in the first place.

On a different note, Bushy, I do not envy you (a)having to say no to someone asking for an invite, and (b) going through the number of PMs you will be getting. I mean, Rainjack said that he was already getting blitzed with PMs and I read somewhere that he is a douche…

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
Rainjack said that he was already getting blitzed with PMs and I read somewhere that he is a douche…[/quote]

Rainjack is a douche. Just a very smart douche.

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

Someone said it, this place is like an underground T-Cell. We just need to keep working to keep the place up to the standards that drew us all here in the first place.

[/quote]

That is what I dedicated my time to accomplishing, vet status or not.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
MrZsasz wrote:
Rainjack said that he was already getting blitzed with PMs and I read somewhere that he is a douche…

Rainjack is a douche. Just a very smart douche.[/quote]

I hope you know, and I think you do, that I was just poking fun at that thread he started by that same name. Honestly, one of the funniest I’ve read on here and I would pat him on the back for it but I don’t know if they allow Canadians in Texas…

[quote]mbaina wrote:
The the only thing tht bothers me in this section is ther seem to be very few who have a lot of real world AAS experience. Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people, but nothing replaces first hand experiences. And I’m sorry, but I sometimes get sick of the “first cycle” posts.

-M[/quote]

Well, see I’m of the opinion that… um… fuck.

See quoted text.

:stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve summed it up quite well. Real world experience will always help. The only flaw I can spot is if someone does a cycle incorrectly and reports back.

And ‘first cycle’ posts are OK when they have all the posters stats, training experience and a decent cycle. Most posters omit their stats because they probably are still under 21/25 or have been training for all of 8 minutes and know we’ll tell 'em to fuck off.

If someone wants to be taken seriously, we need:

Height
Weight
BF%
Pictures (optional, but it helps)
Previous cycle (link to the page would suffice)
Time training
Typical training program
Training program for cycle
Diet
PCT (Not an option. Must be there)
Cycle

etc.
etc.

But there is a startling lack of this info. How can the vets help if they don’t know this stuff?

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
Makavali wrote:
MrZsasz wrote:
Rainjack said that he was already getting blitzed with PMs and I read somewhere that he is a douche…

Rainjack is a douche. Just a very smart douche.

I hope you know, and I think you do, that I was just poking fun at that thread he started by that same name. Honestly, one of the funniest I’ve read on here and I would pat him on the back for it but I don’t know if they allow Canadians in Texas…[/quote]

I realized!

[quote]kroby wrote:
Schwarzenegger wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:

Agreed.

There’s a lot more than just amount of cycles to consider when declaring someone a “vet.” Years training. Diet manipulation smarts. Effective training techniques. And most important: attainment of personal results coupled with the ability and patience to explain (or otherwise direct) others how to achieve them themselves.[/quote]

Great post, kroby. I agree 100%. This issue gets brought up about every 4 months, regardless.

Maybe we could start a “Multiple cycles under your belt” only thread. I’m glad to help noobs out, but I like hearing what people are doing for cycles after having years of AAS experience. Anyway, yeah, I’m high… again.

-M