T Nation

Steroid Posts in T-Cell Alpha

[quote]rainjack wrote:
But in dedicating a forum strictly to hardcore training, and an all out assault on getting bigger - people who haven’t posted in years started posting again. A new vigor for basically the same old shit was found and embraced.[/quote]

That’s want we wanna hear! So this means all the people disillusioned with the site will start posting again?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
rainjack wrote:
But in dedicating a forum strictly to hardcore training, and an all out assault on getting bigger - people who haven’t posted in years started posting again. A new vigor for basically the same old shit was found and embraced.

That’s want we wanna hear! So this means all the people disillusioned with the site will start posting again?[/quote]

I wouldn’t say all of them. But it was a surprise when there were several posts from people who admitted to not posting for a few years, and coming back in because of a single thread.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
In fact - it might actually be a good thing for the community. I know I was scared shitless to come in this forum when I first joined, but I would read everything Cy Wilson wrote. I think there are tons of people who are interested in AAS that would never come in here and post. But if there were discussions in the new forum, they would read them voraciously.

[/quote]

If anyone is thinking that this isn’t true, don’t.
I’m absolutely in this group.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Really, if you look at who TC and Tim chose to be the first guys in, there is no method to their madness. New guys, old guys, level 5’s, level 3’s, 19000 posts, and a few hundred posts.

This website is already separated. Other than this forum, you have pro and con positions in every forum. The steroid haters usually hang out in the supp section, so I guess this forum does have its haters as well.

None of you guys were around when T-Nation used to be truly hardcore. It was almost self-moderated because there was zero tolerance for stupidity, and the noobs back then - like I was knew to shut the fuck up and read.

Nowadays, it is more like Men’s Fitness. People who are active posters now would have been silenced had they tried posting their soy boy emo shit back then. It was a hardcore site.

Now it is a general fitness site, and all the T-Cell does is eliminate the Boxer666’s access to hardcore discussions. it’s like a cigar room for people who want nothing but muscle. Most of you posting in this thread will be nominated. I don’t think you can have a hardcore forum about BBing without talking about AAS.

In fact - it might actually be a good thing for the community. I know I was scared shitless to come in this forum when I first joined, but I would read everything Cy Wilson wrote. I think there are tons of people who are interested in AAS that would never come in here and post. But if there were discussions in the new forum, they would read them voraciously.

more exposure = more acceptance.

Sorry for the ramble, but the short version is most of you guys will get in, and we will talk about steroids in there. [/quote]

I agree with what you said, I just didn’t look at it that way. I have been reading and posting here (obviously not using my current handle) since 2000, and I do remember the Dog Pound and the anti-BBing.com type bullshit that seems to have taken over this forum. The newbies will always come (and the stupidity that comes with most of them), but it’s hard to hang on to the older guys who know their shit and are tired of the same crap, so the Alpha T-Cell may be a way to keep those guys around. I know I’ve stopped posting many times because of the bullshit that overwhelms this place from time to time. Similarly, I don’t ask many questions because I know how to do five minutes of research (which would eliminate 90% of the posts here if people actually did the same). It will be nice to read (and possibly contribute at some point) to worthwhile discussions without sifting through all the shit posts.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
The newbies will always come (and the stupidity that comes with most of them), but it’s hard to hang on to the older guys who know their shit and are tired of the same crap, so the Alpha T-Cell may be a way to keep those guys around. I know I’ve stopped posting many times because of the bullshit that overwhelms this place from time to time.[/quote]

What LowFatMatt said in another thread is important to keep in mind though, and something I’ve seen with other forums: people will leave naturally because of attrition. There should still be good incentive for KNOWLEDGEABLE NEW MEMBERS (versus respectful people who come here with little knowledge post and gain a lot) to make posts to show their knowledge so that they can be promoted. Otherwise the forums outside of the T-Cell might become somewhat lacking, beyond what they are now.

Ditto, and this also speaks to my issue that may arise when trying to promote knowledgeable new members. They won’t post to show their knowledge or ask interesting questions if they know where to look for it already. And they won’t post if there aren’t many good discussions outside of the T-Cell.

I’m probably just worried too much though; I do believe the T-Cell has great potential and will turn out very good.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
They have also all purchased very large quantities of Biotest supplements.[/quote]

I certainly fit that description.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Schwarzenegger wrote:
They have also all purchased very large quantities of Biotest supplements.

I certainly fit that description.[/quote]

So do I, but because I buy from Biotest NZ, I get shown has having bought nothing.

The amount of supplements should be irrelevant anyway, as it doesn’t show knowledge. Just a large wallet.

EDIT: I’m not saying you have a lack of knowledge. Just pointin’ out the purchase size!!

Good post as usual, RJ. That gives me some peace of mind.

My main concern is that I would be shut out from certain discussions that I might have liked to participate in (selfish rant: and my stats, experience, posting history, and customer level didn’t seem to warrant my exclusion).

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Schwarzenegger wrote:
Thomas Gabriel wrote:
I wonder what the other T-Cells will be about.

Post count would be the obvious next choice. I don’t think there needs to be another one, and there probably won’t be. It doesn’t seem to be worthwhile to have multiple private forums, because the more there are the more separated those posters will be from the rest of the forum.

Really, if you look at who TC and Tim chose to be the first guys in, there is no method to their madness. New guys, old guys, level 5’s, level 3’s, 19000 posts, and a few hundred posts.

This website is already separated. Other than this forum, you have pro and con positions in every forum. The steroid haters usually hang out in the supp section, so I guess this forum does have its haters as well.

None of you guys were around when T-Nation used to be truly hardcore. It was almost self-moderated because there was zero tolerance for stupidity, and the noobs back then - like I was knew to shut the fuck up and read.

Nowadays, it is more like Men’s Fitness. People who are active posters now would have been silenced had they tried posting their soy boy emo shit back then. It was a hardcore site.

Now it is a general fitness site, and all the T-Cell does is eliminate the Boxer666’s access to hardcore discussions. it’s like a cigar room for people who want nothing but muscle. Most of you posting in this thread will be nominated. I don’t think you can have a hardcore forum about BBing without talking about AAS.

more exposure = more acceptance.

Sorry for the ramble, but the short version is most of you guys will get in, and we will talk about steroids in there. [/quote]

I jumped the gun and posted my last two posts before reading everyone else’s thoughts. One thing I’ve noticed about this forum is that there are a few really smart, really dedicated guys that make it all worth the time spent here, but there are not so many members overall, and I think part of the reason is the bullshit that we are talking about that keeps people who would otherwise post here from posting. If some of the more knowledgeable guys were to begin posting in the T-Cell Alpha forum, that, too, might do a lot of good to bring new blood in and add even more to the pool of knowledge.

Anyway I feel better about things after reading this post.

I tried posting a question the second i saw that open up and there was only two posts to see whether or not there would be any sort of AAS discussion or just routine, diet plan things along those lines…ACCESS DENIED lol Glad to hear there will be though, should make for some good discussions and more precise to the point quality posts

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well i think PX and Rainjack will keep pretty damn good control of it.
It needs it, so it doesn’t turn into a 100 lb cutting type place with only rock climbers posting !
I would presume 3-4 guys from this section would be a shoe in, he just grabbed randomers from each section and shoved them in.
Their decision to stay or go :slight_smile:
ALready 1 SAMA poster has said he serves no purpose other than to post pron :smiley:
Best of luck Bushido with this, and to the other vets here who s/would be a shoe in once they get their voting rights.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I was considering asking to be removed from the cell, because my goal is not and has never been as much muscle as possible.

Therefore I don’t consider myself ‘hardcore’ enough.

I may still do this, depending on the future, but since I have already made one post (relating to back training), I think I may stick around.

Now so far there are only 2 chemical guys in there (me and RJ) and a possible future user (aragorn). I don’t want to make the cell a ‘mates club’ and invite in all my mates, becasue frankly who would be left here to ‘fight the good fight’?

I tell you what also, it’s gonna be DAMN hard to nominate some folks but not others.

Whilst some here are undoubtedly great guys, is it not the purpose of the cell that only those who can INPUT into discussions on a technical level, be allowed in, not those who (although lovely chaps, with good post counts) aren’t there yet, in terms of original thought.

A bit like a ‘brain trust’ if you will.

I mean there are several ‘vets’ in this forum who I suspect are vets because they repeat what they have heard from other vets. In short, they did not arrive at the answers themselvs, but more from parrot learning. They do not have the multiple-cycle experience it takes to evaluate different protocols and theories, etc

I don’t know, and it’s another reason I was wanting out of the cell. I don’t like elitism, though I can see it’s place if it’s for knowledge development, not snobbishness.

The whole thing leaves me scratching my head, basically.

Having said that, there is one (actually 2, but the second guy is far too busy I suspect, to even have noticed the changes) guy who I am going to nominate straight away.

Boxer666, are you with me?

Bushy[/quote]

AAHHH Bush your a WALKING ENCYLOPEDIA !!!
Just your post on the lat pulldown with a spotter would help people, you think EVERYONE 1st picked will stay HELL NO, but they also HAVE NO interest in bbing OR gaining weight.
I’d say stay for a while, its NOT elitist, its making sure good information doesn’t get drowned out by idiotic posts, take what happened here for example ?

I’ll just say (at my own suprisal (is that a word?) of being in…

I think they mostly selected guys who have been here a long time and/or been real active as of late in the bodybuilding thread and such…I don’t really know what the method is and frankly I don’t care…I’ll personally learn what I can and thats that.

People from this forum are gonna get nominated as soon as the tool is in place, I think the t-cell is a haven for those who truly are into bodybuilding and being above average. That being said, it would certainly not be complete without the vast knowledge and contribution of the enhanced side as well.

That will help keep it in the hardcore spirit as anyone who truly loves bodybuilding shouldn’t been an AAS hater. It’ll add to the intelligence level and acceptance of use for those who choose that path. Which is good…it’ll keep it from being some PC dick-off forum.

I might also add that I think the inclusion of some younger guys like myself, who, despite my tomfoolery, consitently express an interest in and acceptance of real bodybuilding, were added to keep it from turning into a vet hideaway.

I don’t have any problem with posters like you being in there, GS.

Thanks, Cortes.

In fact, the ONLY things I want intentionally kept out of there is the ultimately, anti-bodybuilding sentiments:

That includes but is not limited too:

1. Steroids will kill you and shrink your balls.

2. All bulking is best done with chicken and rice.

3. You must change your routine often to keep the body guessing (thanks Weider).

4. I just want look good at the beach. (Bushy, your desired size is certainly past that lol…I’m talking the desire to look like a mannequin at The Gap.)

Edit: Not that you have to agree with things like dirty bulking and stuff. But basically it should just promote free-thinking instead of media parroting.

And other such bullshit that seems to be a growing general consensus on certain areas of this site.

Bushy,

You may not want to as huge as possible, however given your konwledge of nutrition, all areas of supplementation and training you definately have the abiltiy to get there if wanted. I believe its because of your konwledge that you are in there and not your current goals.

Good post RJ.

Its definately going to be a forum I will read on a regular basis.

[quote]
Edit: Not that you have to agree with things like dirty bulking and stuff. But basically it should just promote free-thinking instead of media parroting.

And other such bullshit that seems to be a growing general consensus on certain areas of this site.[/quote]

behind this 100%

Gerdy

edit: aww fcked up the quote…whatever, everybody got the gist of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I need to stop talking…but…

I think it’ll turn into a great place for DISCUSSION. Of all issues, training, eating, supplementation, AAS etc etc.

The key part will be it will be a forum devoid of

Critique my:
" " New Mass plan

" " New Work out

" " First Cycle

" " Eating plan

" " Velocity Diet training program

" " etc etc.