Squat Form Check

“Rounding” of the thoracic back is part of the natural curve when you’re properly bracing on a squat.

Oh… dear…

Have you ever like… looked at a skeleton?

2 Likes

Then explain this:

2 Likes

That picture of a skeleton needs to work on that unacceptable degree of buttwink, just sayin.

3 Likes

Watch some Dave Tate vids
He explains why he teaches squats that way
Hence the reason why he loves using the box to squat

And low bar squat is specifically a powerlifting style squat.
Also used for regular trainees to teach them specifically to engage the glutes more on a squat…whereas the high bar is more quad dominant…

Christian Thib also argued that the squat could be considered a ‘pull’ because of the hip mechanics

And they actually are sitting back into their hips.
Watch the master in the last vid and look at how tight he keeps his spine, flexes his tfl to stabilize knee position, and sits back on the hips

Have you listened to anyone except for Dave Tate?

So if I low bar squat I’m a powerlifter? Does that mean all powerlifters low bar squat?

The squat is not a glute-driven lift

Depends

Hip hips descend almost straight down, with minimal descent backwards. His hips and knees break and the same time.

1 Like

that;s the spine in the natural S curve you big goofball

The sole purpose of scapular retraction is to prevent it from the ‘rounding’ from it’s neutral position.

oh… dear… lol

Dave Tate doesn’t do a stripper squat/squat morning.

The only reason you can pull off a squat like that is when you squat 95-115lbs. Put on meaningful weight and it’ll Jack you up

1 Like

But its neutral position is already rounded?

The spine will automatically become more flexed as soon as it is under load.

Inhalation will naturally make the spine more kyphotic

Thoracic flexion does not result in injury

2 Likes

Well engaged. Happy to have had this discussion with you

1 Like

You want to squat with a neutral spine. Why would you put axial pressure on your spine and move without a neutral spine? And shortening of the spine will result in poor bracing

1 Like

Here’s me doing low 300s on the transformer bar on the low bar setting:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEBBRk2Abhk/?igshid=akgy0htbdu02

Notice how I don’t push my hips back before? I break at the knees and hips at the same time. I start with a slight forward lean because it helps my bracing and also helps me stay in my legs, but that’s not the same as a stripper squat

1 Like

Right, but that face mask isn’t regulation, plus those socks don’t match your shorts. Obviously you know nothing about squats.

4 Likes

I think that’s what he is getting at.

OP - lots of advice. And two “camps”. One full of big strong men. One with a guy that does not squat more than 95lb (apparently).

All I’ll say is this: you were not squatting low bar. You can not squat low bar and get hip hyper extension like you did with out the weight sliding off your back.

Good luck.

Edit: 9 month bump to start an argument. Someones taking the piss!

3 Likes

a11ce1439d3838e95de6ff3464ce7536f3f7d13a6fa662945f7757e43a0ac4cc

You do get that i baited you dont you?

Another member on the site said you wouldnt take the hook in a private message.

But thats my MO that several members are aware of it since i have done it on several occasions. Which i do for my own amusement
. … which i even foreshadowed in my one post.

Oh i was serious when i mentioned i honestly dont care if you have a difference of opinion on the subject matter.

Thanks for the evaluation on my squats… amazing that you can evaluate the depth from behind. As for your other comments…well im aware of those issue. Now if you would like to go more in depth of the why im game.

See im not sure how seriously how i or anyone else should take you.

Either one… your a staff member of the site whose trolling for the purpose of creating drama and for more traffic. Former mod Phil Stevens let that cat out of the bag years ago on the Iron Radio pod cast.

1. Your actually a decent lifter who is trolling or playing around much like i have been doing in this thread.

2. Your a keyboard lifter… which i think several members on the site are heavily leaning towards. Based on your previous statements and the deflecting your deploying.

Ill just sit back and make my evaluation until i make my conclusion

4 Likes

Yeah …it was pretty transparent from the start what the goal was. I figured if i added gasoline it would help .:wink: luckily the OP hasnt even been on the site since January so he wont see the group hijack of his thread

1 Like

Sorry…i was delayed on your request. I figured i would dig up a old one i liked of a 2xbw front.

Will it do?

3 Likes

BullPup is WAY stronger now. Give credit where credit is due man.

1 Like

Thats why I made em match the headband :cool: