Shows You're Watching!

“Ancient Apocalypse” on Netflix.

Graham Hancock was a guest on Joe Rogan for one of the most interesting JRE episodes to date, talking about lost ancient civilizations and fighting off the dogma that surrounds mainstream scientific beliefs. Well, Graham Hancock hosts this show.

I can’t say I regularly get excited to watch documentaries, but this one is already Netflix top 10 and it’s absolutely fascinating how he talks about previosuly advanced civilizations that were wiped out. Going to recommend this strongly, already watching episode 1.

If you like academic beef, conspiracies (ones with legs to support, not like PizzaGate) and apocalyptic events, this show is for you.

2 Likes

Currently watching a couple of shows.
Pardon, if some of these already been mentioned.

SAS Rouge heroes
Great piece about the events durring the 2nd world war, leading up to the establishing the new SAS regiment. Definitely worth a watch so far

Mr Inbetween
Totally must see!
Set in Australia. About a divorced “every other weekend dad”, who is also a career criminal, trying to deal with the daily strugles fatherhood and criminal activitys. I certainly dont do it justice here. Check it out! Absolutely love this show.

Just finished “I’ll be gone in the dark” on HBO.
A true crime masterpiece about the author and the events leading up to, and her part in, the arrest of the Golden State killer. Binged it in one sitting.

Apart from these, im rewatching “The knick” with Clive Owen. Set in New York early 1900’s, when surgery and medical treatments were transitioning to hospitals instead of barbershops. Easily one of the most underrated shows of the last decade.

Love that show!
Have you seen “What we do in the shadows”?
Written by Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi.

Anyone know when Severance is coming back?

No. Have to look it up now.

Apparently this is even more dogmatic than I thought.

Sorry, not PWI - just a related. When documentaries are labeled “dangerous” it’s gonna be a good watch.

UPDATE:
I’m on episode 5 of 8 and it’s super entertaining. #DownWithDogma!

1 Like

I’m going to have to check that out some time.

I just finished watching Game Of Thrones. I was kinda disappointed with a couple things.

1. The Dire Wolves. Awesome concept, but they spent most of the series in cages, getting killed, etc. I thought they were going to do some bad ass wolf stuff. Needed more bad ass wolf stuff.

2. Dragons. Same as the wolves, until the end anyways. Also, way too vulnerable. One got taken out by an icicle, thrown by the Frozen version of Cailloo. That just sucks.

3. Fake language- They might as well have just been barking at each other. Essentially the same effect.

Other than that, the titties were great.

5 Likes

I know nothing about GoT so no clue who you’re talking about but this made me laugh pretty hard

1 Like

I saw Tulsa King a couple weeks ago.

Episode 1 was very entertaining
Episode 2 was not near as good. If it were the first show, I wouldn’t have bothered to watch it again.
Episode 3 showed some promise of getting better

1 Like

Just started watching this a little bit ago, after having read the books years ago. I dig the show, but the books made a couple side stories much more interesting. Finally got to the point where the show diverged from the books, which now has me enthralled with every episode since I don’t know what’s gonna happen lol.

2 Likes

It really was very entertaining. The character transformations are a neat undercurrent of the series.

3 Likes

I am watching CSI: Vegas. A lot of nostalgia with the first season having Sara and Grissom in it like from CSI: Crime Scene investigation. They even have the old intro song! Whoooo are you, who who, who who…

I really wanna know!

1 Like

Rewatching Queens Gambit

Wednesday is pretty good (3 episodes in)
Started watching 1899 - first episode has me hooked but my wife hates spooky ship movies (loves other horror) so have to watch this one on my own.

The Midnight Club: Don’t recommend this one - it was written by the guys who did “Haunting of Hill House” and “Bly Manor” but this one misses. Started off fairly strong, but the ending was utter crap.

1 Like

While I agree, apparently that ending was chosen because they are hoping to do more seasons, rather than just the one and done like the other shows.

But yeah, ending sucked, didn’t think the show stood up the others

I’m at the same point … It’s still ok … I liked the first 2 episodes better than the 3rd … started losing me a bit with this last one, but it’s still good enough and entertaining enough to want to see it through

Watched this through twice … tbh, imo, the 2nd time through was very meh and I started to strongly dislike Beth and her development felt rushed (but that just might be b/c there are big leaps in time)

I’m just finishing up the final season of Dead to Me on Netflix.

Has anyone watched all of Andor? Is it worth the watch?

1 Like

I thought it was pretty good.