Shows You're Watching!

I really hope they do another season. I found Ed Kemper to be fascinating. Genius, giant, very nice in person, sadistic psychopath underneath.

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

After Yellowstone ended, I was kinda in need of a show to watch. I had heard good things about Fargo (the show). Just started it. So far so good. Billy Bob Thornton is so far pretty entertaining / psycho. Only on the first episode, but I think it has pulled me in.

It is all crimes in MN, but they all lead back to Fargo, ND apparently.

They gave Billy a bowl cut lol.

Also, is this how people outside of MN think we talk lol? I find the accent (same type as in the movie Fargo) comical, but I am not sure if others see it that way.

I watched the first few episodes of that a while back. I liked it. My South Dakota town was mentioned in one episode. And yeah, I feel like I know of people who talk like the characters on the show, but I don’t think I talk like that, haha. Maybe you gotta go really far north.

2 Likes

That is true. The issue is in the movie at least they had the people in the metro area speaking like that. I have heard it in MN and ND. The strong accent starts making appearances around as far North as Fargo (had buddies that went to NDSU and Moorehead), and it was somewhat present there. But near the Canadian border, that is common, but that is like 1% of total Minnesotans.

1 Like

Have you watched Longmire? About a sheriff in Wyoming, best bud is (Northern) Cheyenne, has a decent amount of interaction with the nearby reservation.

Henry Standing Bear is such a cool, cool character in the books. Played by Lou Diamond Phillips in the show, who is cool imo, but not sure if he lives up to the book character.

Finished Godless. It was alright. maybe a 7/10.
The whole cast was really good but Jeff Daniels took it up a notch.

I’m watching Clickbait and it’s really interesting so far. It’s about a family man
who’s missing and appears in viral video saying that he will die should the video reach 5 million views.

Not a show but also not a movie so I’ll leave it here:
Ricky Gervais’ new special Supernature was hilarious. 9/10.
Netflix is in for some complaints, though. There will be calls for cancellation on behalf of midgets, trans, eskimos, women, chinamen (yes that’s the term he use)…you name it lol.

1 Like

Got caught up on The Boys and really enjoyed that one. looking forward to season 3 when it starts up again.

I’m also watching Who’s Next on Flo Grappling. It’s basically The Ultimate Fighter for BJJ only.

La’

2 Likes

I’ve been watching a Russian mini series called Frieda method, it sort of a rip off of Psych.

The season 2 ending though…… what happened would never fly as a finale for a US show

Just started watching the Lincoln Lawyer, enjoyed the first couple of episodes. Not read any of the books but will probably get round to it soon.

2 Likes

@jshaving And now I know where in our state you live!! LOL

I just started watching How To Get Away With Murder on Netflix. It’s kind of sucked me in - so I may have to watch ALL the seasons…

Like some others here, Better Call Saul. Gutted we have to wait until the second week of July for the second half of the last season.

Whilst I can understand it’s not for everyone, I genuinely believe it’s the most well-made show of all time. The filmmaking, the writing, the acting…everything is just incredible. Breaking Bad is more accessible because it’s faster-paced, easier to follow, and doesn’t require as much thinking, etc but for me, BCS surpasses it in pretty much every way. I’m rewatching BB now and it’s still great but ultimately feels like a warm-up for everyone involved in the show. BCS is where the team truly mastered their craft.

2 Likes

I need to catch up on better call Saul. I think I’ve seen 2 seasons and I liked it, but then I lost track of it between seasons.

I mentioned Yellowstone earlier. I thought the style of the show was pretty similar to breaking bad. Worth checking out if you need a show.

I just finished the first season of Fargo, and Bob Odenkirk’s character I thought was well played. I think he is a pretty great actor.

1 Like

If you liked the first 2 seasons, then you really do need to catch up. Most people I’ve talked to about it say the first 2 seasons were a bit too slow, it follows a similar trajectory to BB in which the quality just skyrockets as it gets deeper. The early seasons are still wonderful though and the character development is essential to allow for the bigger payoffs later on.

I keep hearing a lot about Yellowstone, I’ll have to check it out.

If you’re a Bob Odenkirk fan, it’s really worth looking at the film “Nobody”. A completely different kind of role for him playing an absolute badass.Christopher Lloyds in it too playing his Dad.

1 Like

Started watching “Our Flag Means Death” on HBO max. Almost Monty python-esque in nature. Excellently written and executed show so far and genuinely funny.

Highly recommend.

3 Likes

Also watched that, fantastic show. Taika Waititi is brilliant.

I’m currently watching Shoresy, it’s awful but in a highly amusing way.

the new season of the umbrella academy

1 Like

Old man…pretty good

enjoyed Obi-Wan Kenobi

1 Like

Always watch the LPGA