Should I Keep Cutting or Stop?

I’m worried I might not have the abs for it ;/
Also even when I bulk my triceps barely grow, now that I have been cutting obviously I have seen a size increase. I was 15% body fat when I started, I don’t know how much I am now but I have lost some weight (like 5 pounds). For those wondering my goal is to have abs show etc and overall cuts in general mainly because for some reason my body tends to store fat on my nips making them look puffy which is something I hate and also why I hate bulking. Anyways any comments/feedback is greatly appreciated

I would honestly say bulk up, you could do with some upper chest work (inclines/reverse bench press) and for your triceps stay away from cables - do lying barbell tricep extensions to forehead and add a “drop set” maybe.

You are lean enough to look very good with some more mass - get lifting, good job so far!

[quote]Fabriziox1 wrote:
For those wondering my goal is to have abs show
[/quote]

Well if your main goal is to have abs show, you’ve already answered your own question.

[quote]Fabriziox1 wrote:
I’m worried I might not have the abs for it ;/[/quote]
No clue what you’re referring to. You’re clearly on track to having very defined abs, probably another month or two and you’ll have a very visible 6-pack. For reference, what’s your height and current weight?

How long did you bulk? How much bodyweight did you gain during that time? What did your training look like?

You lost about five pounds and your triceps increased in size or do they look like they increased in size? Did you measure them or are you going by pics?

“Having abs show and overall cuts” isn’t really a goal, because if that’s all you’re after, you’ll be mission accomplished in 6-8 weeks. And then what? What’s your specific long term goal?

Again, how long did you bulk and how much bodyweight did you gain? Also, how much strength did you gain in the main lifts in that same time?

How much direct ab work are you doing? Try pallof presses and ab rollouts. You look ready to start adding lean mass onto your frame.

Did not expect so many caring replies so quickly. I feel like I came to the right forum!

[quote]LiftNostalgia wrote:
I would honestly say bulk up, you could do with some upper chest work (inclines/reverse bench press) and for your triceps stay away from cables - do lying barbell tricep extensions to forehead and add a “drop set” maybe.

You are lean enough to look very good with some more mass - get lifting, good job so far![/quote]

I do chest twice a week and always include incline dumbell press, as a matter of fact its the exercise I’m improving the most in at the moment (amount of weight lifted that is)

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Fabriziox1 wrote:
I’m worried I might not have the abs for it ;/[/quote]
No clue what you’re referring to. You’re clearly on track to having very defined abs, probably another month or two and you’ll have a very visible 6-pack. For reference, what’s your height and current weight?

How long did you bulk? How much bodyweight did you gain during that time? What did your training look like?

You lost about five pounds and your triceps increased in size or do they look like they increased in size? Did you measure them or are you going by pics?

“Having abs show and overall cuts” isn’t really a goal, because if that’s all you’re after, you’ll be mission accomplished in 6-8 weeks. And then what? What’s your specific long term goal?

Again, how long did you bulk and how much bodyweight did you gain? Also, how much strength did you gain in the main lifts in that same time?[/quote]

Hey man, thanks for showing care and trying to help!

I am actually pretty small I would say 5.6 140 pounds (I didn’t want to add this previously because I feel that it will bias peoples opinion, unconsciously even to some. Many will feel that because I weight so little I will need to gain more punds. I just want to look good not be heavy)

I bulked for like 5 months I would say. I didn’t keep track of weight, only used the mirror and did not measure arms but they were bigger than now. I should of kept track but I was just starting. I worked out 5 days a week 2 days chest with arms, 1 day legs, back and shoulders, weekends off

I meant size decrease sorry

Having abs show etc is my short term goal, as for long term I just want to look aesthetic to be honest while staying natural just to give an idea lets say Jeff Seid (Not saying I want to look exactly like him, just to give people an idea of aesthetic) I want that big/cut look

I have noticed that the amount of strength I gained while bulking is the same rate as when I’m cutting (now). 5 each week I make sure that form is good, probably one of the things I stress the most about, however what you consider mainlifts might be different because, for example I can’t bench press (my shoulder always hurts even while pulling shoulders down and back). I did get this checked seems like I have a little of skelosis (or w.e it is). Have to wear these custom made molds of my feet on my shoes etc

again ty for interest

[quote]philipmein wrote:
How much direct ab work are you doing? Try pallof presses and ab rollouts. You look ready to start adding lean mass onto your frame.[/quote]

Once a week sometimes twice.
3 sets of dragonflys straight into side to side knee-ups 3 sets as well 20 reps and for last exercise 3 sets of woodchoppers or w.e they are called.

Some times on weekends at home I use my pull up bar and do leg raises, crunches with body weight etc

And sorry if I sound dumb but can you specify on what you mean with lean mass

[quote]Fabriziox1 wrote:
Having abs show etc is my short term goal, as for long term I just want to look aesthetic to be honest while staying natural just to give an idea lets say Jeff Seid (Not saying I want to look exactly like him, just to give people an idea of aesthetic) I want that big/cut look
[/quote]

I think you need to read or reread the article Chris linked to about goal setting.

For reference, here it is:

Or either of these:

Lean mass is body mass that isn’t fat. In most cases, that means muscle.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Lean mass is body mass that isn’t fat. In most cases, that means muscle.[/quote]

Okay. But I thought you cant build muscle without fat though, If I am wrong how can I go about this

[quote]Fabriziox1 wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Lean mass is body mass that isn’t fat. In most cases, that means muscle.[/quote]

Okay. But I thought you cant build muscle without fat though, If I am wrong how can I go about this[/quote]

Now you’re into the interesting questions, and you’ve probably opened up a whole can of worms here. You can build muscle without adding fat, it is possible, and I’m sure plenty of people will chime in with their two cents on how it’s done.

[quote]Fabriziox1 wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Okay. But I thought you cant build muscle without fat though, If I am wrong how can I go about this[/quote]

Lift correctly, consistently, intensely but intelligently, and eat whole foods your momma cooks you.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]Fabriziox1 wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Now you’re into the interesting questions, and you’ve probably opened up a whole can of worms here. You can build muscle without adding fat, it is possible, and I’m sure plenty of people will chime in with their two cents on how it’s done.
[/quote]

It is possible to gain some muscle without gaining fat or even while losing fat. It takes a long time.

It is not possible to build a lot muscle without gaining fat.

It is possible to gain a lot of muscle while staying at a similar BODYFAT PERCENTAGE.

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Fabriziox1 wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Lift correctly, consistently, intensely but intelligently, and eat whole foods your momma cooks you.

[/quote]

If I ate what my mom cooked I would be on perma bulk

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]Fabriziox1 wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Teach me the ways I’m interested

[/quote]

It is possible to gain some muscle without gaining fat or even while losing fat. It takes a long time.

It is not possible to build a lot muscle without gaining fat.

It is possible to gain a lot of muscle while staying at a similar BODYFAT PERCENTAGE.[/quote]

So new question now I guess is how to build “lean muscle mass” or muscle without gaining fat

[quote]Fabriziox1 wrote:
So new question now I guess is how to build “lean muscle mass” or muscle without gaining fat[/quote]

You’re asking a question 99% of new lifters want to know.

The answer is train well, eat well, rest well.

The details of that are a life long process that you’ll figure out as you go.

But here’s a headstart for you.

1. don’t bulk/cut. This is the stupidest shit ever. Especially if you’re not an IFBB pro bodybuilder. There’s absolutely no need to balloon up and cut down. Yes it helps to have some bodyfat to build muscle… but guess what, you will have bodyfat for the rest of your life.

2. Think performance and health. Fuck everything else. Hit 20 pull ups, 50 dips, and 2x bw squat. Take off your shirt and I’ll guarantee you’ll like what you see. Eat real foods that aren’t processed. This includes restricting too much bread or wheat products.

3. Know thyself - Socrates

4. Fall in love with lifting, not looking good for pictures. Accomplish this, and the rest is fuckin cake.

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Fabriziox1 wrote:
So new question now I guess is how to build “lean muscle mass” or muscle without gaining fat[/quote]

You’re asking a question 99% of new lifters want to know.

The answer is train well, eat well, rest well.

The details of that are a life long process that you’ll figure out as you go.

But here’s a headstart for you.

1. don’t bulk/cut. This is the stupidest shit ever. Especially if you’re not an IFBB pro bodybuilder. There’s absolutely no need to balloon up and cut down. Yes it helps to have some bodyfat to build muscle… but guess what, you will have bodyfat for the rest of your life.

2. Think performance and health. Fuck everything else. Hit 20 pull ups, 50 dips, and 2x bw squat. Take off your shirt and I’ll guarantee you’ll like what you see. Eat real foods that aren’t processed. This includes restricting too much bread or wheat products.

3. Know thyself - Socrates

4. Fall in love with lifting, not looking good for pictures. Accomplish this, and the rest is fuckin cake.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the feedback!However this is something I have done in the past and tbh I just sat at 15% with noticeable muscle but this wasn’t what I was shooting for since I wanted to be cut. I would say this was 2 years ago. I would just lift eat at home zz on weekends just body weights