Petraeus Resigns

haha damn Zeb.

His wife does kind of look like Glenn Beck.

But you gotta feel for the poor woman. I know a few people who’ve had infidelity tear their marriage/life up, and that’s when it’s a private matter; I can only imagine what it’s like to read about it on the front page of the Wall Street Journal.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Holy crap, I just caught a glimpse of his mistress (left) and his wife (right)[/quote]

DB will happily explain to you what REALLY happened.

[quote]smh23 wrote:
haha damn Zeb.

His wife does kind of look like Glenn Beck.

But you gotta feel for the poor woman. I know a few people who’ve had infidelity tear their marriage/life up, and that’s when it’s a private matter; I can only imagine what it’s like to read about it on the front page of the Wall Street Journal.[/quote]

WHHAHAAH Glenn Beck…YES! There is a resemblance. Okay…more belly laughs…

But, yeah I prefer not to look at the reality of the situation. She was probably a very faithful loving wife who stood by her man the many years he dedicated his life to the military.

But in those years she should have um…you know had a make over and lost some weight.

Whahahaha oh man this one hits me just right I can’t stop laughing…Ha ha

Hillary won’t be testifying either:

You know, the buck stops with her and all right?

[quote]Karado wrote:
Being Bilingual is NOT an “Achievement” if one grew up in a Bilingual Household,
it’s only an Acheivement when one CHOOSES to study a second language and
and then becomes proficient in it.

There was little effort for me to learn and understand 2 languages at once at home, and I believe
a Child can learn and understand VERY easily 3 Languages at once if he/she grows up in home
that speaks 3 Languages consistently…The Brain is an amazing thing.[/quote]

Totally agree with this. And those who know my history know I have some experience with both kinds of bilingual.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Holy crap, I just caught a glimpse of his mistress (left) and his wife (right)[/quote]

DB will happily explain to you what REALLY happened. [/quote]

Lol.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
Being Bilingual is NOT an “Achievement” if one grew up in a Bilingual Household,
it’s only an Acheivement when one CHOOSES to study a second language and
and then becomes proficient in it.

There was little effort for me to learn and understand 2 languages at once at home, and I believe
a Child can learn and understand VERY easily 3 Languages at once if he/she grows up in home
that speaks 3 Languages consistently…The Brain is an amazing thing.[/quote]

Totally agree with this. And those who know my history know I have some experience with both kinds of bilingual. [/quote]

Hey…what you do in your own time is your business. Oh…bilingual…sorry.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Since when does the FBI investigate the Director of the CIA? know.[/quote]

I’m not sure they were investigating him, so much. It seems like they were investigating who the heck was using his account to harass various government employees.[/quote]

I’m certainly no fan of Piers Morgan or Robert Baer but I think he raises an interesting question here:

“Baer tells Morgan that an affair with a biographer hardly represented a security risk. At least “four or five” DCIAs in Baer’s time had sexual affairs that never warranted an internal security investigation, let alone an outside FBI probe. Perhaps the issue of Broadwell attempting to access Petraeus’ e-mail could have touched something off, but shouldn’t that have been handled by internal CIA security? This was, after all, Petraeus’ G-mail account, not a secure agency account. And even if it was a secure agency account, wouldn’t that prompt an internal investigation rather than an FBI probe?”[/quote]

From what I’ve read it’s because the FBI was contacted about threatening e-mails from his personal e-mail account.

Edit: Don’t know, maybe it was a CIA type account. Either way, I don’t see the angle here. Blackmail only works if the issue is kept silent. It wasn’t, so…

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
This shit pisses me off.

At this level, he had obligations not only to his family, himself, and his organization, but also to his security clearance. There’s a reason adultery is a punishable crime in the military.

I will be following to see if he faces the same repercussions which another soldier would if caught cheating. Somehow, I doubt that will happen. Also, why the fuck can’t I just walk in and resign? [/quote]

What would those repercussions be? Serious question.[/quote]

Court Marshall’d. The thing is, is the man is not in the military in the normal sense.

I guess we have not heard anywhere near all of the story yet.

In the meantime…yeah, it’s mean, but one of us has got to point out the elephant in the room. Conspiracy, you say? You’re damn right there’s a conspiracy going on. Can somebody explain THIS to me? !?!

[quote]Cortes wrote:
I guess we have not heard anywhere near all of the story yet.

In the meantime…yeah, it’s mean, but one of us has got to point out the elephant in the room. Conspiracy, you say? You’re damn right there’s a conspiracy going on. Can somebody explain THIS to me? !?![/quote]

LMAO xD

Adultery is punishable under article 134 of the UCMJ and I wish that he could be tried under that. He absolutely showed poor judgement and a lack of integrity and should be fired instead of being allowed to resign. And I’m appalled that the Dems are somehow thinking that this is OK.

The affair took place while he was still active duty as the commander in Tampa and in Afg.

james

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
This shit pisses me off.

At this level, he had obligations not only to his family, himself, and his organization, but also to his security clearance. There’s a reason adultery is a punishable crime in the military.

I will be following to see if he faces the same repercussions which another soldier would if caught cheating. Somehow, I doubt that will happen. Also, why the fuck can’t I just walk in and resign? [/quote]

Court Marshall’d. The thing is, is the man is not in the military in the normal sense. [/quote]

Don’t think he is in ANY sense.
[/quote]

For sure he’s nowhere near military jurisdiction at the CIA, I was just curious.

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Yes monolingual is a word. And achievement or not, you have an advantage over me there. Regarding history: there is NOTHING more important to developing wisdom than to study it. Just be sure to read all perspectives. I can assure you that I’ve read a great deal of leftist based history - even Chomsky. I read Manufacturing Consent when I was 15. If you can find it in Norwegian I would recommend anything by Winston Churchill. And classical history too. May be heavy going and time consuming but it’s worth it my friend. Keep reading and think critically. I’ve only recently delved properly into American history and it’s changed my perspective.[/quote]

Yhea I am at fault of not reading to much original texts, I have mostly read text books when it comes to the subject of history and therefor my knowledge of history probably reflects that, except for the hint of ultra-leftist influences from before my time at University ( lol ). Your advice about reading sources representing different wiews sounds like a wise one and I will keep that in mind. In that regard I have wanted read both original texts of both Burke and Adam Smith, perhaps I should start there even though they arent historians.

Ps. I didnt know Churcill wrote historical texts/books.
[/quote]

Does the Nobel Prize in Literature still count?

You may find Volume 2 particularly rewarding.[/quote]

I own the Hinge of Fate, and boy, is it good. I found it at a used bookstore, been looking for the rest of the collection!

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
This shit pisses me off.

Court Marshall’d. The thing is, is the man is not in the military in the normal sense. [/quote]

Don’t think he is in ANY sense.
[/quote]

For sure he’s nowhere near military jurisdiction at the CIA, I was just curious.
[/quote]

Not sure on this, but there may not be a statute of limitation here. He committed the offense while he was subject to military law, and may be charged with an offense at any time.

Jill Kelley is hot. I’d fuck that shit any day.