Petraeus Resigns

Petraeus believed terrorists behind Libya attack

WASHINGTON (AP) ? Ex-CIA Director David Petraeus (peh-TRAY’-uhs) has told Congress that references to militant groups Ansar al-Shariah and al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb were removed from the agency’s draft talking points of what sparked the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya.

http://news.yahoo.com/…–politics.html

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Holy crap, I just caught a glimpse of his mistress (left) and his wife (right)[/quote]

Setting traps like this is VERY common. Obama got rid of a powerful ‘underling’. He fucked up though because the underling was slated to be the next president by very very powerful people. Petraeus was ‘their boy’.

This will NOT end well for Barry the Great.

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Adultery is punishable under article 134 of the UCMJ and I wish that he could be tried under that. He absolutely showed poor judgement and a lack of integrity and should be fired instead of being allowed to resign. And I’m appalled that the Dems are somehow thinking that this is OK.

The affair took place while he was still active duty as the commander in Tampa and in Afg.

james[/quote]

A powerful man like Petraeus has hot women throwing themselves regularly at him, I’m sure.

Amazing how no matter how hard we fight it, biology wins out every single time.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

Want to bet? Obama will slither out of this wihtout a scratch. Keep in mind who helped him win the election. The corrupt MSLM is still in his corner cheering him on.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Yes monolingual is a word. And achievement or not, you have an advantage over me there. Regarding history: there is NOTHING more important to developing wisdom than to study it. Just be sure to read all perspectives. I can assure you that I’ve read a great deal of leftist based history - even Chomsky. I read Manufacturing Consent when I was 15. If you can find it in Norwegian I would recommend anything by Winston Churchill. And classical history too. May be heavy going and time consuming but it’s worth it my friend. Keep reading and think critically. I’ve only recently delved properly into American history and it’s changed my perspective.[/quote]

Yhea I am at fault of not reading to much original texts, I have mostly read text books when it comes to the subject of history and therefor my knowledge of history probably reflects that, except for the hint of ultra-leftist influences from before my time at University ( lol ). Your advice about reading sources representing different wiews sounds like a wise one and I will keep that in mind. In that regard I have wanted read both original texts of both Burke and Adam Smith, perhaps I should start there even though they arent historians.

Ps. I didnt know Churcill wrote historical texts/books.
[/quote]

Does the Nobel Prize in Literature still count?

You may find Volume 2 particularly rewarding.[/quote]

I own the Hinge of Fate, and boy, is it good. I found it at a used bookstore, been looking for the rest of the collection![/quote]

Then you must find Volume 2, which Florelius might find interesting for the events of May 10, 1940, and which we read for Churchill’s extraordinary and ultimately justified prescience.

It is in The Hinge of Fate that one can appreciate Churchill’s mastery of detail as well as the wide scope of the world war. No other history quite does this.
And he was not correct and complete. The true “hinge” was hidden from him by Stalin in 1941-1942, and because of cold-war ideology, he neither had access nor the inclination to explore the Red Army’s purposes and sacrifices in that period. ( I recommend again Michael Jones, Total War: From Stalingrad to Berlin)

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

Want to bet? Obama will slither out of this wihtout a scratch. Keep in mind who helped him win the election. The corrupt MSLM is still in his corner cheering him on.[/quote]

When you look at Petraeus’ creds, he was a virtual shoo-in for POTUS.

Obama ruined that plan. Why, I do not know. My best guess is that Petraeus was going to spill before the election, Obama had him by the nutz and told him he’d reveal Petraeus’ secret. Petraeus was forced to keep his mouth shut; then decided: “Fuck it. I’m outta this bullshit.”

This really pissed off some people that no one should piss off.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

Want to bet? Obama will slither out of this wihtout a scratch. Keep in mind who helped him win the election. The corrupt MSLM is still in his corner cheering him on.[/quote]

Obama ruined that plan. Why, I do not know. My best guess is that Petraeus was going to spill before the election, Obama had him by the nutz and told him he’d reveal Petraeus’ secret. Petraeus was forced to keep his mouth shut; then decided: “Fuck it. I’m outta this bullshit.”

[/quote]

Speculation masquerading as fact.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Speculation masquerading as fact.[/quote]

I couldn’t have said it any better.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, when presented with facts, you gentlemen poo-poo the source as a conspiracy website. So there is actually no difference between rank speculation and citing a source, for you gents.
Therefore, we have to use our brains, understand human nature, and especially the nature of people who crave power.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thankee sir. You and I disagree far less often than it seems, I think.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thankee sir. You and I disagree far less often than it seems, I think.[/quote]

I disagree with that.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

I disagree with that.[/quote]

Touche.

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Yes monolingual is a word. And achievement or not, you have an advantage over me there. Regarding history: there is NOTHING more important to developing wisdom than to study it. Just be sure to read all perspectives. I can assure you that I’ve read a great deal of leftist based history - even Chomsky. I read Manufacturing Consent when I was 15. If you can find it in Norwegian I would recommend anything by Winston Churchill. And classical history too. May be heavy going and time consuming but it’s worth it my friend. Keep reading and think critically. I’ve only recently delved properly into American history and it’s changed my perspective.[/quote]

Yhea I am at fault of not reading to much original texts, I have mostly read text books when it comes to the subject of history and therefor my knowledge of history probably reflects that, except for the hint of ultra-leftist influences from before my time at University ( lol ). Your advice about reading sources representing different wiews sounds like a wise one and I will keep that in mind. In that regard I have wanted read both original texts of both Burke and Adam Smith, perhaps I should start there even though they arent historians.

Ps. I didnt know Churcill wrote historical texts/books.
[/quote]

Does the Nobel Prize in Literature still count?

You may find Volume 2 particularly rewarding.[/quote]

I own the Hinge of Fate, and boy, is it good. I found it at a used bookstore, been looking for the rest of the collection![/quote]

Then you must find Volume 2, which Florelius might find interesting for the events of May 10, 1940, and which we read for Churchill’s extraordinary and ultimately justified prescience.

It is in The Hinge of Fate that one can appreciate Churchill’s mastery of detail as well as the wide scope of the world war. No other history quite does this.
And he was not correct and complete. The true “hinge” was hidden from him by Stalin in 1941-1942, and because of cold-war ideology, he neither had access nor the inclination to explore the Red Army’s purposes and sacrifices in that period. ( I recommend again Michael Jones, Total War: From Stalingrad to Berlin)
[/quote]

Done and Done. If there’s one person that I would love to talk books and history with, it’s you Doc. You are possibly the most obviously and voraciously well-read individual I can think of encountering by internet, bookstore, or social life.

Slut whore, with young sons…fucking lowlife whore…I how Obama’s payoff was worth it.

"A person close to Broadwell said Sunday she deeply regrets the damage that’s been done to her family and everyone else’s, and she is trying to repair that and move forward. The friend spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly.

A group of friends and neighbors welcomed Broadwell, her husband, Scott, and their young sons back to their home in Charlotte, N.C"

–AP

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
This shit pisses me off.

At this level, he had obligations not only to his family, himself, and his organization, but also to his security clearance. There’s a reason adultery is a punishable crime in the military.

I will be following to see if he faces the same repercussions which another soldier would if caught cheating. Somehow, I doubt that will happen. Also, why the fuck can’t I just walk in and resign? [/quote]

What would those repercussions be? Serious question.[/quote]

Court Marshall’d. The thing is, is the man is not in the military in the normal sense. [/quote]

Don’t think he is in ANY sense.
[/quote]

Yeah, if you consider the CIA to be a purely intelligence agency.