Petraeus Resigns

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Call me crazy but I take him at his word. Not everything is a cover up HH. Sometimes people make mistakes and they have to step down.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.[/quote]

Setting up an attractive intelligent woman with Petraeus, a guy who is often not home and with an old wife.

Nope, no conspiracy at all…
[/quote]

But that can be said about anything can’t it?

And I recall you also think that Washington is in touch with alien beings from another planet.

So, obviously anyone can claim a conspiracy about anything.

But, keep in mind it is not up to me, or anyone else to “disprove” your silly conspiracy theory. It’s up to YOU to actually prove it.

Until that happens you and your fellow conspiracy theorists are acting like nothing more than empty headed Internet loons.

I went home with a waitress, the way I always do, but

how was I to know, she was with the Russians too . . .

This shit pisses me off.

At this level, he had obligations not only to his family, himself, and his organization, but also to his security clearance. There’s a reason adultery is a punishable crime in the military.

I will be following to see if he faces the same repercussions which another soldier would if caught cheating. Somehow, I doubt that will happen. Also, why the fuck can’t I just walk in and resign?

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
This shit pisses me off.

At this level, he had obligations not only to his family, himself, and his organization, but also to his security clearance. There’s a reason adultery is a punishable crime in the military.

I will be following to see if he faces the same repercussions which another soldier would if caught cheating. Somehow, I doubt that will happen. Also, why the fuck can’t I just walk in and resign? [/quote]

What would those repercussions be? Serious question.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
This shit pisses me off.

I will be following to see if he faces the same repercussions which another soldier would if caught cheating. Somehow, I doubt that will happen. Also, why the fuck can’t I just walk in and resign? [/quote]

What would those repercussions be? Serious question.[/quote]

Turning big rocks into little rocks.

Seriously, it depends on many things and for officers it is usually harsher.

Fatal Attraction. She get’s into e-mail account (not his CIA accounts or whatever), sends out harassing e-mails to government employees on his contact, FBI is notified. FBI investigates and the affair is discovered.

MY WIFE’S LOVER

My wife is having an affair with a government executive. His role is to manage a project whose progress is seen worldwide as a demonstration of American leadership. (This might seem hyperbolic, but it is not an exaggeration.) I have met with him on several occasions, and he has been gracious. (I doubt if he is aware of my knowledge.) I have watched the affair intensify over the last year, and I have also benefited from his generosity. He is engaged in work that I am passionate about and is absolutely the right person for the job. I strongly feel that exposing the affair will create a major distraction that would adversely impact the success of an important effort. My issue: Should I acknowledge this affair and finally force closure? Should I suffer in silence for the next year or two for a project I feel must succeed? Should I be “true to my heart” and walk away from the entire miserable situation and put the episode behind me?

NAME WITHHELD

Saw this mentioned on Hotair. Gotta wonder…

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
I went home with a waitress, the way I always do, but

how was I to know, she was with the Russians too . . .[/quote]

Great Song, Warren Z for the win!

[quote]Sloth wrote:
MY WIFE’S LOVER

My wife is having an affair with a government executive. His role is to manage a project whose progress is seen worldwide as a demonstration of American leadership. (This might seem hyperbolic, but it is not an exaggeration.) I have met with him on several occasions, and he has been gracious. (I doubt if he is aware of my knowledge.) I have watched the affair intensify over the last year, and I have also benefited from his generosity. He is engaged in work that I am passionate about and is absolutely the right person for the job. I strongly feel that exposing the affair will create a major distraction that would adversely impact the success of an important effort. My issue: Should I acknowledge this affair and finally force closure? Should I suffer in silence for the next year or two for a project I feel must succeed? Should I be “true to my heart” and walk away from the entire miserable situation and put the episode behind me?

NAME WITHHELD

Saw this mentioned on Hotair. Gotta wonder…[/quote]

Very interesting. I read that when it was first published and remember that it stayed with me for a few hours. The “project” which will go on for a year or two–the war on terror, broadly? Afghanistan? The latter would have been more appropriate before Petraeus took over as the head of the CIA.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Fatal Attraction. She get’s into e-mail account (not his CIA accounts or whatever), sends out harassing e-mails to government employees on his contact, FBI is notified. FBI investigates and the affair is discovered. [/quote]

Since when does the FBI investigate the Director of the CIA? Ever heard of that happening before ever? And who’s in charge of the FBI? That bastion of integrity Eric Holder. At the risk of being called a ‘conspiracy theorist’ again, I’m kinda wondering if this maybe has something to do with Patraeus appearing before the Benghazi hearing next week. Crazy talk I know.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Since when does the FBI investigate the Director of the CIA? know.[/quote]

I’m not sure they were investigating him, so much. It seems like they were investigating who the heck was using his account to harass various government employees.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Fatal Attraction. She get’s into e-mail account (not his CIA accounts or whatever), sends out harassing e-mails to government employees on his contact, FBI is notified. FBI investigates and the affair is discovered. [/quote]

Since when does the FBI investigate the Director of the CIA? Ever heard of that happening before ever? And who’s in charge of the FBI? That bastion of integrity Eric Holder. At the risk of being called a ‘conspiracy theorist’ again, I’m kinda wondering if this maybe has something to do with Patraeus appearing before the Benghazi hearing next week. Crazy talk I know.[/quote]

I suppose it’s plausible, but where’s the proof? I don’t think we’ll ever know for sure so I’m just left taking his word for it.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

Since when does the FBI investigate the Director of the CIA? Ever heard of that happening before ever? And who’s in charge of the FBI? That bastion of integrity Eric Holder. At the risk of being called a ‘conspiracy theorist’ again, I’m kinda wondering if this maybe has something to do with Patraeus appearing before the Benghazi hearing next week. Crazy talk I know.[/quote]

I suppose it’s plausible, but where’s the proof? I don’t think we’ll ever know for sure so I’m just left taking his word for it. [/quote]

True. I’m not asserting it as fact. I’m expressing my suspicions.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

I suppose it’s plausible, but where’s the proof? I don’t think we’ll ever know for sure so I’m just left taking his word for it. [/quote]

True. I’m not asserting it as fact. I’m expressing my suspicions.[/quote]

I would not say that suspicion in this particular case is unreasonable.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Since when does the FBI investigate the Director of the CIA? know.[/quote]

I’m not sure they were investigating him, so much. It seems like they were investigating who the heck was using his account to harass various government employees.[/quote]

I’m certainly no fan of Piers Morgan or Robert Baer but I think he raises an interesting question here:

“Baer tells Morgan that an affair with a biographer hardly represented a security risk. At least “four or five” DCIAs in Baer’s time had sexual affairs that never warranted an internal security investigation, let alone an outside FBI probe. Perhaps the issue of Broadwell attempting to access Petraeus’ e-mail could have touched something off, but shouldn’t that have been handled by internal CIA security? This was, after all, Petraeus’ G-mail account, not a secure agency account. And even if it was a secure agency account, wouldn’t that prompt an internal investigation rather than an FBI probe?”

Holy crap, I just caught a glimpse of his mistress (left) and his wife (right)

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Holy crap, I just caught a glimpse of his mistress (left) and his wife (right)[/quote]

That’s not his wife on the right…it’s his brother.

Every man has his breaking point.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Holy crap, I just caught a glimpse of his mistress (left) and his wife (right)[/quote]

That’s not his wife on the right…it’s his brother.[/quote]

LOL

( mistress looks hot btw )

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Every man has his breaking point. [/quote]

I am just getting a belly laugh from your post. The guy goes through two wars and doesn’t break a sweat. Then he returns home looks at his wife and thinks…eesh I can’t take it anymore.

LMAO ha ha ha no kidding this is just making me laugh…