Official 2020 T-ransformation Announcement Thread

Great place to start mate. You get this right and you will look awesome. Quality

1 Like

For the transformation challenge this year I will still be focusing on gaining strength and hopefully some more muscle. I wonā€™t be cutting out carbs for 14 weeks like last year.
I have put a hard stop on all chips, chocolate, biscuits, cake etc starting yesterday. Wife cleaned out the chip cupboard today (see my log for pics). I am going to keep carbs in my diet this year but cut out the crap and add a little conditioning. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll lose as much fat as last year but if I can gain a few pounds of muscle and burn some fat at the same time then Iā€™ll be a happy boy.

5 Likes

Similar approach here, Iā€™m done with beer except for occasions that require it like vacation and anniversary. Avoiding cookies and sweets as much as I can. But not trying to go hungry and not doing anything I canā€™t stick to for a while.
Today being new years there may be some dessert though.
I need a good ā€œIā€™m boredā€ snack to keep for evenings at home.

3 Likes

t-nation
goals: put on some muscle :wink:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s some serious height gainz

8 Likes
  • popcorn
  • casein pudding
  • cottage cheese
  • yoghurt
  • quark

The latter four pairs nicely with berries/fruit/chia seeds/cacao

And,

• green pea + cottage cheese flatbread

1 Like

In. Pic from this morning 1/1/20.

1 Like

6 Likes

Whatā€™s your goal this time around?

Here we go.

Weighed in at 176. Targeting a lean/solid 165.

Log:

I think thatā€™s how, right?

4 Likes

Goal: full function of left arm.
Secondary put on some muscle

4 Likes

Some folks try to pad the before pic with a big cheat day. Nonsense. Instead, I went with the fair and honest method of about a half-hour of exercise in the last week, averaging five hours a night of interrupted sleep since Christmas, and I caught a cold the other day. :fonzie:

203.2 this morning. Lightest start to a year that I can remember, usually 210+ by now. Good news is I stuck to last yearā€™s goal to stay within spitting distance of 200. Bad news is it looks and feels like everything missing is wilted muscle. Meh. Will get back to logging tomorrow.

7 Likes

Alrighty yā€™all, this is what the reverse T-ransformation looks like. 40 grams of protein most days, copious alcohol and Oreos, unconstrained fatassery. Nowhere to go but up.

I hope everyone meets their goals. LETā€™S GET SHREDDED

5 Likes

IĀ“m in

4 Likes

Still in. At the in-laws for holidays so Iā€™ll have to sneak in the mini ā€œbeforeā€ photo shoot when the old folks are otherwise occupied (i.e. napping). Tonight at the earliest. Saturday morning at the absolute latest.

I already have a log at the Over 35 section.

Regardless of my few entries in such log on 2019, I like the kidness people there. Very much.

Is it only necessary to add a t-ransformation2020 tag on that log or will I need to create another one at a specific location?

Cheers

Adding that tag onto your current log is fine regardless of which section itā€™s in (Training Logs, Over-35, Powerlifting, etc.). You should be able to edit the first post of your current log and add the tag. If thereā€™s an issue, let me know and I can take care of it.

Anyone doing the challenge who has an active log should really add the tag to their thread to keep everything collected together.

1 Like

Still looking good @Frank_C hopefully you can maintain this through surgery and rehab.

@muskratlifts some decent size there mate. Now to carve it up!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have one up tonight pal

To stop sucking at life. Iā€™m pretty certain Iā€™m headed for another shoulder surgery. I see the doctor on the 9th.