Official 2020 T-ransformation Announcement Thread

That can be used as my current picture.

~210 lbs. soft and pastey

2 Likes

Hey guys, new to the forum here, but been a T Nation reader for years. Was wondering if I could join in on the challenge this year.

I have a very specific reason for doing this. In the summer of 2018, I was diagnosed with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, a heart condition. At the time of the diagnosis I was 320 lbs. Managed to get down 255 lbs in a year, but I gained back 30 pounds since the end of August due to a relapse of the condition, the death of my dog, and the general rigors of my 3rd year in law school.

I now realize, as I sit here at 286 lbs, that I want to lose at least 35 pounds, maybe even more. Itā€™s important for the quality of life with this condition. However, between school and everything, Iā€™ve found it hard to stay consistent with my diet and exercise. Iā€™m hoping that this challenge and the T-Nation community could help me with that.

I realize that this is a bit late but if Iā€™m allowed Iā€™d love to join the challenge and would gladly post a photo with my overall goals. Thank you for your consideration.

13 Likes

Iā€™m no one official, but Iā€™d certainly encourage you to tag along! Weā€™re all in this together, great way to keep fellow meatheads accountable. Adding one more is only a positive

2 Likes

Get a pic up today and jump in mate.

2 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t know that there is a formal cut off date, or if there is one that it has passed.

1 Like

Sent. Literally just ate a ton of chili so my foodbaby is looking pretty fire haha. Also apparently because Iā€™m new I can only upload one photo per post so apologies for the double posts to get the rest of the photos in.

Personal goals:

• Lose 35+ lbs
  • Preserve as much current muscle as possible
  • Live a better and much healthier lifestyle
  • Give up alcohol (More because its bad for my heart condition but also because its bad for gainz)

And Iā€™ll be doing Dan Johnā€™s 10,000 Kettlebell Swing Workout since I just started it last week, with some minor tweaks. Once thatā€™s done, Iā€™ll pick something else but Iā€™m not sure what yet. Since Iā€™m new I have yet to start a training log but Iā€™ll start one up asap.

Thank yā€™all for having me!

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Welcome! Life can kick you in the pants pretty regularly but you have to be ready. Plan your nutrition in advance so you can weather the storms. Donā€™t worry if you miss the gym. Your nutrition is the most important factor (thatā€™s actually true for all of us).

And for anyone else lurking, thereā€™s no cutoff for participation here. If you join late then you just get less time for your transformation.

3 Likes

Whereā€™s @Lonnie123?

1 Like

Dude your a beast! You win the mass award

3 Likes

Do it dude! Great accountability and encouragement. You got this!

If I hit a 300 Ib Dead lift by June, can I get a mention :wink:

2 Likes

I threw my hat in the ring earlier. Iā€™m only going for the most improved year over year so Iā€™ll do pics towards the end.

1 Like

Awwww come on mate we want to see how fat you are now !! :joy::joy::joy:

@eclark323 good on you for joining! This is a good place for accountability when the novelty of wanting to make the change wears off

@flappinit, myself and I think a few others have done the 10k KB challenge and recorded it in our training logs. Iā€™ve linked both of ours below if you are interested in reading them and of course Iā€™m happy to answer any questions about it.

2 Likes

:blush: Thanks Jack, means a lot coming from you.