No Muscle at Rear Delt

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
Will do, I just assumed eating as many calories and as much protein as possible on a bulk was best, will try and hit that bracket now though.[/quote]

Think about it like this:

If you have a construction crew (your body), and you’re tring to build a house (muscle), and you give them more bricks (food), they can build it faster. But there comes a point where giving them more bricks (food) won’t matter because they can only build the house (muscle) so fast. Then the rest of the bricks are just going to sit around (fat).

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
I went vegan to lose alot of weight so that can not of helped the muscle issue.

@hungry4more: this is the routine me and my mate will be doing this week

Monday

Chest and arms

Incline press @ 3 sets
Flat bench @ 3 sets
Decline bench @ 3 sets
Chest flies @ 3 sets
Tricep dips @ 3 sets
Overhead tricep extensions @ 3 sets
One arm tricep cable pull downs @ 3 sets
Seated dumbbell curls @ 3 sets
EZ bar curls @ 3 sets
Bicep cable curl @ 3 sets
Seated hammer curls @ 3 sets

Tuesday BJJ[/quote]

Man I’m new but I have learned enough to realize ubless you’re on roids or eating 5000 cals a day that routine aint gonna do shit but make you cata-fucking-bolic, not anabolic.

• I found t-bar rows and barbell rows are good rear delt builders. Also reverse pec dec machine flies.

• YOU DO NOT HAVE ZERO rear delt tissue - that is physically impossible. You just have bugger all of it, but not zero.

• Used to look like you, 4 months in of an alternating 5 x 5 / 4 x 6 push pull split had me Having decent rear dealts when doing a rear biceps kinda pose. Tried uploading the pic but it timed out after a few mins, pic must be too big or s’thing.

• If you’re not trolling (and yeah I feel like I’m the big dummy here falling for one) ditch that routine and do a full body compound 3 x a week - personally I’d go 3/4 sets of 6-8 or an upper lower split or a push / pull / legs split.

Or seeing as your bjj is prob a few times a week and is energy draining go for even a 2 day full bosy routine split with 4 sets 8 reps for one core lower lift (squat and deadlift) each of the days and on one of those days add ONE compound horizontal upper push, one horizontal upper pull (these incorporate rear delts) and on the other day - one compound vertical push, one compound vertical pull. All 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps

Add weighted abs work and some supplementals (as you get more rest days 2x a week you can do a little more volume) on each day such as on one day bi curls and weighted abs work and on the other calf iso and a ‘delt blaster’ of 2-3 sets 12 reps side delt laterals, 2 x 12 rear delt isolation. Won’t need front delt iso probably as your compound pushing work is hitting them good. Bi curls 3 x 10, abs 3 x 10 calves, 3 x 12.

Don’t be scared of a 2 day routine. Science says time in the gym is just potential stimulous to growth. Time out of the gym, eating enough cals and macronutrients and good rest is what fullfils the potential of that stimulous.

If I am feeding an under-the-bridge dweller, can someone please send me a pack of dunhill lights and some good coffee to cheer me up lolz.

But yeah I used to have your build. Expext at least 3 months on a good programme and good diet and lifestyle to notice some gains and 6 months to see ‘oh fuck this shit actually works’ kind of gains.

You gotta get the rest and you gotta eat right. No bjj 3 x a week plus cardio, plus day job plus fri and sat night booze filled evenings and getting to bed at 5am if you want decent results.

Cheers.

[quote]leon36 wrote:

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

Monday

Chest and arms

Incline press @ 3 sets
Flat bench @ 3 sets
Decline bench @ 3 sets
Chest flies @ 3 sets
Tricep dips @ 3 sets
EZ bar curls @ 3 sets

Tuesday BJJ[/quote]

Man I’m new but I have learned enough to realize ubless you’re on roids or eating 5000 cals a day that routine aint gonna do shit but make you cata-fucking-bolic, not anabolic.

• I found t-bar rows and barbell rows are good rear delt builders. Also reverse pec dec machine flies.

• YOU DO NOT HAVE ZERO rear delt tissue - that is physically impossible. You just have bugger all of it, but not zero.

• Used to look like you, 4 months in of an alternating 5 x 5 / 4 x 6 push pull split had me Having decent rear dealts when doing a rear biceps kinda pose. Tried uploading the pic but it timed out after a few mins, pic must be too big or s’thing.

• If you’re not trolling (and yeah I feel like I’m the big dummy here falling for one) ditch that routine and do a full body compound 3 x a week - personally I’d go 3/4 sets of 6-8 or an upper lower split or a push / pull / legs split.

Or seeing as your bjj is prob a few times a week and is energy draining go for even a 2 day full bosy routine split with 4 sets 8 reps for one core lower lift (squat and deadlift) each of the days and on one of those days add ONE compound horizontal upper push, one horizontal upper pull (these incorporate rear delts) and on the other day - one compound vertical push, one compound vertical pull. All 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps

Add weighted abs work and some supplementals (as you get more rest days 2x a week you can do a little more volume) on each day such as on one day bi curls and weighted abs work and on the other calf iso and a ‘delt blaster’ of 2-3 sets 12 reps side delt laterals, 2 x 12 rear delt isolation. Won’t need front delt iso probably as your compound pushing work is hitting them good. Bi curls 3 x 10, abs 3 x 10 calves, 3 x 12.

Don’t be scared of a 2 day routine. Science says time in the gym is just potential stimulous to growth. Time out of the gym, eating enough cals and macronutrients and good rest is what fullfils the potential of that stimulous.

If I am feeding an under-the-bridge dweller, can someone please send me a pack of dunhill lights and some good coffee to cheer me up lolz.

But yeah I used to have your build. Expext at least 3 months on a good programme and good diet and lifestyle to notice some gains and 6 months to see ‘oh fuck this shit actually works’ kind of gains.

You gotta get the rest and you gotta eat right. No bjj 3 x a week plus cardio, plus day job plus fri and sat night booze filled evenings and getting to bed at 5am if you want decent results.

Cheers.[/quote]

you just posted in the OP’s other thread. He’s the one doing the 5x5 routine you told him not to do.

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

[quote]leon36 wrote:

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

Monday

Chest and arms

Incline press @ 3 sets
Flat bench @ 3 sets
Decline bench @ 3 sets
Chest flies @ 3 sets
Tricep dips @ 3 sets
EZ bar curls @ 3 sets

Tuesday BJJ[/quote]

Cheers.[/quote]

you just posted in the OP’s other thread. He’s the one doing the 5x5 routine you told him not to do.[/quote]

Just said set rep ranges 3-4 x 6 - 8 better for hypertrophy and gave a few links with scientific proof.

What are you so upset about me doing that for? Someone else mentioned him not just doing a bulking routine and ending up with a fat belly.

Gave him advice on exercise selection - some core pull work for back that will engage the rear delts too as well as mentioning I looked like i had zero side delts so found some advice on the web to do a ‘delt blaster’ routine on top of my core lifts for my side and rear delts and it worked. Again, where is your beef (or hamburger patty with that?)

He said he has symptoms that sound also like overtraining symptoms of fatigue, so advised him if he does bjj a lot on top of working out heavy 3 x a week he might overtax himself and that there is nothing wrong in a two day routine that incorporates all the same exercises and set rep ranges and gives him more rest days. He’d be - like me - doing the exact same exercises and same sets and reps just in two days rather than 3. Advised good rest and diet.

Wow 'm such a bastard.

This site is troll / hater haven.

5 x 5 is not the only fruit. My friend who is massive and has been lifting over a decade swears by 3 x 8. Some guys realy high volume like 6 x 6, even foe beginners. Go to a hundred other respected bodybuilding websites and you’ll see 6 x 4, 3 x 10, routines of curcuit lifting repeated three x a week for 2 x 12 - all reccomended for beginners for hypertrophy.

I guess you’re just narrow minded. The flack I catch here for not abiding to 5 x 5 is ridonkulous. It is not the only way to train and as many trainers that push it advise against it for newbs - due the stress it places on joints and tendons and is not enough reps to really get a feel for the exercises.

I also gave my own ancedotal evidence that higher rep ranges work better forme and I still get stronger too.

Ever see millitary guys? They do crazy road work and tons of muscle endurance exercises and still look in excellent shape?

Closed minded. You are.

You need to read around more I think.

[quote]leon36 wrote:

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

[quote]leon36 wrote:

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

Monday

Chest and arms

Incline press @ 3 sets
Flat bench @ 3 sets
Decline bench @ 3 sets
Chest flies @ 3 sets
Tricep dips @ 3 sets
EZ bar curls @ 3 sets

Tuesday BJJ[/quote]

Cheers.[/quote]

you just posted in the OP’s other thread. He’s the one doing the 5x5 routine you told him not to do.[/quote]

Just said set rep ranges 3-4 x 6 - 8 better for hypertrophy and gave a few links with scientific proof.

What are you so upset about me doing that for? Someone else mentioned him not just doing a bulking routine and ending up with a fat belly.

Gave him advice on exercise selection - some core pull work for back that will engage the rear delts too as well as mentioning I looked like i had zero side delts so found some advice on the web to do a ‘delt blaster’ routine on top of my core lifts for my side and rear delts and it worked. Again, where is your beef (or hamburger patty with that?)

He said he has symptoms that sound also like overtraining symptoms of fatigue, so advised him if he does bjj a lot on top of working out heavy 3 x a week he might overtax himself and that there is nothing wrong in a two day routine that incorporates all the same exercises and set rep ranges and gives him more rest days. He’d be - like me - doing the exact same exercises and same sets and reps just in two days rather than 3. Advised good rest and diet.

Wow 'm such a bastard.

This site is troll / hater haven.

5 x 5 is not the only fruit. My friend who is massive and has been lifting over a decade swears by 3 x 8. Some guys realy high volume like 6 x 6, even foe beginners. Go to a hundred other respected bodybuilding websites and you’ll see 6 x 4, 3 x 10, routines of curcuit lifting repeated three x a week for 2 x 12 - all reccomended for beginners for hypertrophy.

I guess you’re just narrow minded. The flack I catch here for not abiding to 5 x 5 is ridonkulous. It is not the only way to train and as many trainers that push it advise against it for newbs - due the stress it places on joints and tendons and is not enough reps to really get a feel for the exercises.

I also gave my own ancedotal evidence that higher rep ranges work better forme and I still get stronger too.

Ever see millitary guys? They do crazy road work and tons of muscle endurance exercises and still look in excellent shape?

Closed minded. You are.

You need to read around more I think.

[/quote]

I posted that because you seemed confused.

I get it. You like higher reps. I have no “beef” with that. I get tired of you spewing off about how great 3x8 or whatever is, and how bad 5x5 is, when you said in another thread you’ve only been lifting for a short amount of time.

I don’t care how many websites you read. I don’t care how much you use google. You haven’t done a fucking thing in the gym to know what works at all, so stop acting like some sort of an authority on lifting when you just fucking started.

You need to stop reading and start lifting.

Stop fucking stalking me idiot. I clearly stated many times i have worked out 7 times THIS ROUTINE.

I have worked out off and on for over a decade and this is my first time training again in 2 years due to illness and injury (not bb’ing related.)

So stop stalking me in thread sand shut your trap.

[quote]leon36 wrote:
Stop fucking stalking me idiot. I clearly stated many times i have worked out 7 times THIS ROUTINE.

I have worked out off and on for over a decade and this is my first time training again in 2 years due to illness and injury (not bb’ing related.)

So stop stalking me in thread sand shut your trap.[/quote]

I’ll leave you alone when you stop handing out “advice”.