MTV True Life

You all were expecting MTV to be groundbreaking? Sorry, but “groundbreaking” left MTV in the early 90’s. Since then, it has been all down hill. I am surprised Paris Hilton didn’t make a cameo appearance.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I am surprised Paris Hilton didn’t make a cameo appearance.[/quote]

LMAO

Paris on steroids you heard it here first.

[quote]Niko wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I am surprised Paris Hilton didn’t make a cameo appearance.

LMAO[/quote]

Same!!!

I’ll give MTV the benefit of the doubt. Think about it, steroids are dangerous when taken by COMPLETE IDIOTS who have no clue what they are doing. Who is the target audience of MTV?

Exactly…Complete idiots. Then again, all they will likely notice is the quick gains, so it probably would just make them want to use anyway.

So basically it was a waste of time. At least we got to hear the first guy say “This might sound bad, but I don’t feel like a man right now, I feel like a God.” Reminded me of Ron Burgandy.

[quote]hardcore_balla wrote:
I am pretty disappointed that this show even aired. The fact that I stayed up and watched it makes me even madder.

Dude 1 - Peter → seems to know what it takes. Sounded like he slept adequately, ate adequately and while his workouts seemed to be chest dominated / machine dominated (they didn’t really show anything but a chest press, and pec deck), whatever works for him is cool with me. He looked to have a good physique. I will say that his goal of being on Muscle & Fitness was kinda laughable considering that most dudes I’ve ever seen on there have been pro bodybuilders and he wasn’t that category. Maybe with a more balanced routine (if there was an inbalance) he could achieve a better physique. I can’t personally say he was at the end of his natural genes but he did say he had Low testosterone so maybe that was helping to hold him back.

[/quote]

I caught a few minutes. This was the guy I saw I think. I thought he had a decent upper body. Nothing amazing-nothing warranting calling himself Zeus and I wouldn’t look at him and think steroids of the bat. The legs were laughable.

If anything I think the MMA fighter was the most grounded. They never showed him in a weight room, what I got from him was that he was just trying to help himself recover better from his workouts.

Did you see the cover model towards the beginning of the episode he pulls out M&F and Flex and says “these are bodybuilding magazines that I get training advice from.” Yeah, hes a tool. And when hes doing the pec deck he says “I’m gonna do something crazy, I’m gonna try the whole stack.” And then he moves the pin down 2 positions. Wow!

I don’t even wanna talk about the fudgepacker. That was just funny. Hes putting the towel down on his coffee table and says “I don’t wanna spray blood all over the place.” Yeah, because blood squirts all over the room when you inject steroids.

Another thing I noticed is that none of these guys aspirated. Most of the time when they showed them injecting they just started the camera on it when they’re pushing the juice in. But when Uncle Fingers (as somebody gave him the nickname a few posts up) injected the cover model he didn’t aspirate at all. Now the next generation of kids that go on steroids are gonna say to each other “dude, do you know how to actually do the injection?” "Yeah man, I saw it on MTV, you just stick it in and push the oil in. Now we’re gonna have 1 in 10 of these kids showing up at an emergency room because they injected a CC of juice into their bloodstream. Who’s fault is it gonna be? The steroids. Cause you know steroids talk to you and make you do crazy shit like take a bunch of Tylenol.

I can only comment on what I’ve read; I haven’t seen the show.

MTV is not a reputable news source. MTV’s primary objective is to entertain.

Idiots using steroids makes for better TV than intelligent, stable, and informed people using steroids.

Even if they had taken a different approach and not sensationalized events in the show (maybe shown steroids in a more positive or neutral light) then they would have gotten in trouble with “outraged” parents blaming them for encouraging drug use.

Or people would have just tuned out since everyone knows that steroids are bad (mkay) and there are no positive sides of steroids. Anyone ever heard of perception being selective?

It’s frustrating to see this, but did anyone really expect anything more from MTV?

[quote]MuscleBoy79 wrote:

Nah dude, I disagree. I think the dude who knew what he was doing was the cover model guy. He was 225 lbs, which is by no means Ronnie Coleman, but not a 180 lb nothing either. He also curled 115 lbs. 8x (not a partial rep) -
He was kinda arrogant at times, which I guess you could view as a negative quality. ‘Build me a new machine’ when he was stacking the pec deck thingy.

But he also seemed to be the most educated about the topic, as he went to the nutritionist for advice, and mentioned how he was doing everything in normal dosages.

[/quote]

I will give it up to the guy… he had a solid physique and definitely, of the three on the show, he seemed to be the most knowledgable in terms of training, steroids, injuries, nutrition, etc. But that still puts him as first place in the special olympics… and Ill admit…“partials” @ 115 was a bit of an exaggeration on my part but they were not the cleanest reps i’ve ever seen… and for that matter, even if they were 8 perfect reps @ 115 that still doesnt make you a GOD… that makes you kinda strong at Bally’s, average at Gold’s, and the janitor at Westside

My absolute favorite was when the cover model fruitcake went out of his way to try to make the point that he’s “not all upper body” by showing his legs and his “sweeping teardrop”… I think my legs looked like that when I was 10.

Also thoroughly enjoyable to me was the apparent complete lack of anti-estrogens or PCT taking place… Happy Gyno!

nice…

[quote]chrismcl wrote:

And when hes doing the pec deck he says “I’m gonna do something crazy, I’m gonna try the whole stack.” And then he moves the pin down 2 positions. Wow![/quote]

seriously right?!?

[quote]

Hes putting the towel down on his coffee table and says “I don’t wanna spray blood all over the place.” Yeah, because blood squirts all over the room when you inject steroids. [/quote]

even my wife who has never seen a steroid in her life let alone seen someone inject heard this and said WTF??

easily the worst part of it all… as if there isn’t enough misinformation out there as it is, leave it to Mtv to fuck it up worse. That’s just what we need, some nimrod who was trying to tune into TRL to watch Shakira shake her tits learning to inject by watching this show. Then this fucker’s parents will end up on Capitol Hill with the Garibaldi’s testifying in front of congress how steroids killed their little boy too…

aaargh…

I think Im gonna go 'roid rage on somebody

“Oh my god, i’m gonna have like serious-th roid rage right now on that bitch.”

That was the funniest shit i’ve ever heard.

“So I just went home and took a bunch of Tylenol and woke up in the hos-th-pital.” who tries to OD on Tylenol?

what a fucking tool.

As for the cover model:

I didn’t see one deadlift or squat, or really anything with a free weight besides curls.

“They need to build me a new machine!!” No bitch, you need to grab some dumbs and do some real fly’s. Christ. He says that he plateu’d two years ago???

The cage fighter:

Carried a physique like Kip, so I guess he’s on the right track to be a true blue cage fighter. I’m thinking even though he was a little more educated about steroids he used them as an excuse to act like a dickhead to his girlfriend.

How fucking pleasant was that guy, I know Pro-fighters arent’ really the coolest cats in the cave, but this guy seemed to be “on” for the cameras more than any other fighter I’ve seen in the past. His back-ne was extreme, too…

The Gay guy:

Juicing for the wrong reasons, in the wrong mind-set, and with the wrong training plan, obviously…

Dude barely grew. His wheels, once he peeled his pants off, were PUH-THETIC… And, someone should have let him know that he shouldn’t rely strictly on jiz as a protien source.

MTV flopped bigtime in portraying steroid use… It’s obvious that they deglamorized it to it’s fullest, finishing the show off with a lame attempted suicide (which probably would have happened anyway, that fucker was as unstable as a rope bridge) as it’s epilogue…

I’m going to respond to the show on MTV’s webpage and let them know that they dropped the ball. I just need to write my response when I’m not soo pissed off about it, so I won’t come off as a meathead…

GAINER

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
As for the cover model:

I didn’t see one deadlift or squat, or really anything with a free weight besides curls.

“They need to build me a new machine!!” No bitch, you need to grab some dumbs and do some real fly’s. Christ. He says that he plateu’d two years ago???

The cage fighter:

Carried a physique like Kip, so I guess he’s on the right track to be a true blue cage fighter. I’m thinking even though he was a little more educated about steroids he used them as an excuse to act like a dickhead to his girlfriend.

How fucking pleasant was that guy, I know Pro-fighters arent’ really the coolest cats in the cave, but this guy seemed to be “on” for the cameras more than any other fighter I’ve seen in the past. His back-ne was extreme, too…

The Gay guy:

Juicing for the wrong reasons, in the wrong mind-set, and with the wrong training plan, obviously…

Dude barely grew. His wheels, once he peeled his pants off, were PUH-THETIC… And, someone should have let him know that he shouldn’t rely strictly on jiz as a protien source.

MTV flopped bigtime in portraying steroid use… It’s obvious that they deglamorized it to it’s fullest, finishing the show off with a lame attempted suicide (which probably would have happened anyway, that fucker was as unstable as a rope bridge) as it’s epilogue…

I’m going to respond to the show on MTV’s webpage and let them know that they dropped the ball. I just need to write my response when I’m not soo pissed off about it, so I won’t come off as a meathead…

GAINER [/quote]

Let’s see: if I weigh 210, and should be getting 2 grams of protein a pound, then I need to suck…that’s a lot of blowjobs, man.

I’ll stick to whey.

I think you should send this to MTV. They need all the asskicking they can get. Man, I gotta watch this show now…it seems like something I’ll rip on forever…kind of like that stupid Summer Share thing where all the guidos went to Seaside for the summer…giving Jersey a shit name once again. I launched a jihad on MTV after that one.

coolest cats in the cave huh? I like that one.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
coolest cats in the cave huh? I like that one.[/quote]

Word. I’m stealing it. And I AM the coolest cat in the cave. <Annoying and sleazy “Meeeeooooow!”>

I will admit to having 'roid rage myself, so I can sympathize with the queen.

When my assgrapes flare up, I get really pissed off.

i watched this show lastnight, and waited in anticipation to do so… WHAT THE F**K?! WAS I THINKING???

1.) all 3 were tools.

2.) ive seen my GF lift more…and mom prolly could too.

3.) shakes head

“…i reached my natural limit 2 years ago…” - Yeah, OK. Why not take the $ going into that lame car, put it into a real trainer, and learn how to train.

-n-

First let me state my position on anabolic steroids. I have never used them in my life. For me, they are not an option for my own personal reasons. I have trained as a bodybuilder for a time, competed as a powerlifter for several years and have been an active martial artist for many years. Since weight training entered my over 25 years ago , I have been as light as 189 lbs. and as heavy as 262 lbs. (@ 6’1" tall) all without them. I never felt the need for them.

However, if that is what you choose to do, more power to you. Just be smart and educated about their use. I never saw the need to outlaw them and I would fight for anyone’s right to use them.

With that said, the guys on this show all need to be pimp-slapped and MTV banned from doing anymore shows about topics they know nothing about! These guys are making a good case for those people who are afraid of steroid usage and for those trying to ban them. If I were to support banning steroids, it would be to keep uneducated, idiotic, moronic fuckheads like these from ever obtaining them!

Furthermore, I would be in favor of banning people like this from ever entering a gym or being allowed to own exercise equipment! If only to stop them from spreading their brand of infectious and deadly ignorance! I see guys like these all the time (yes, I have even seen a guy like the gay guy before too!) and they really make me wish that there were such a thing as “justifiable assault”!

[quote]“justifiable assault”!
[/quote]

• ba-haha - But your Honor!, it was …a justifiable pimp-slap!

-n-