MTV True Life

[quote]ALDurr wrote:
First let me state my position on anabolic steroids. I have never used them in my life. For me, they are not an option for my own personal reasons. I have trained as a bodybuilder for a time, competed as a powerlifter for several years and have been an active martial artist for many years. Since weight training entered my over 25 years ago , I have been as light as 189 lbs. and as heavy as 262 lbs. (@ 6’1" tall) all without them. I never felt the need for them.

However, if that is what you choose to do, more power to you. Just be smart and educated about their use. I never saw the need to outlaw them and I would fight for anyone’s right to use them.

With that said, the guys on this show all need to be pimp-slapped and MTV banned from doing anymore shows about topics they know nothing about! These guys are making a good case for those people who are afraid of steroid usage and for those trying to ban them. If I were to support banning steroids, it would be to keep uneducated, idiotic, moronic fuckheads like these from ever obtaining them!

Furthermore, I would be in favor of banning people like this from ever entering a gym or being allowed to own exercise equipment! If only to stop them from spreading their brand of infectious and deadly ignorance! I see guys like these all the time (yes, I have even seen a guy like the gay guy before too!) and they really make me wish that there were such a thing as “justifiable assault”!
[/quote]

What’s scarier are the ones in this thread who claimed they seemed to know what they were doing.

Write this one down, Al Baby. I agree with you 100%.

What is truly sad is the it seems our lawmakers know less about AAS than MTV does.

what I learned is that taking steroids makes you gay. The one guy has to get naked for his shot? Of that old guy?

They need to build me a new machine to do pec flyes. Hah! That guy never met me, the pec fly champ of 98-04. I retired my crown that year to concentrate on breaking those punching machines that they had in the bars in the Columbus area.

Also, if you take steroids, you do not handle free weights or do squats.

I learned so much, thanks MTV.

I found this posted on another message board.

'Everyone,

I’m the ‘Cover Guy’ from Boca Raton who was featured on the show last night, and I just wanted to address some things, because the people on this forum seem knowledgeable about the issue at hand.

First, my motivation for doing the show was to positively portray steroid use as opposed to abuse. I am appalled at what is going on within Congress and within this country where normal users are demonized as criminal. I was highly impressed with the HBO Real Sports Segment featuring John Romano, and wanted to convey a similar viewpoint.

After seeing the show, I am fairly pleased with how I was represented, but disapppointed in certain regards. You have to understand that they had 40 hrs of footage that they had to make into 12 or 13 minutes of actual footage. Let me say that again – 40 hrs of raw footage into 12 or 13 min of actual footage. A daunting job to say the least.

So much of what was cut was me ranting against John McCain and his ilk. Me talking about the difference between use and abuse. Me mentioning post-cycle protocol like HCG and Clomid, Me explaining that someone shouldn’t even think about using anabolics unless they’ve trained naturally for years, Me explaining about how I feel it is my decision to make, not the governments if I want to enhance my body, Me showing them blood-work that showed that my liver, kidneys and cholesterol were all in check, etc, etc, but I think they weren’t looking for such detailed information like that – they just wanted drama and that gay dude in Orlando surely provided that for them. (What a ****in’ joke he was, by the way)

Some other things to clear up – they portrayed it like I was attempting to gain the cover of Muscle & Fitness, which was not the case. I realize that at 6’2" 225 lbs with high lats, I would need to go to at least 240/250 shredded for a cover as prestigious as M & F. My goal was the fitness magazine all throughout the process. Darrem Charles trains at my gym, so I know that I’m not in his league in the least.

Also, towards the end of the piece, they portrayed it like I had ‘lost’ everything - cue melancholy music - which was simply not the case. Sure, I’ve lost some strength, but I’ve maintained about 90% of my gains due to HCG, Clomid and Nolvadex (which I used both during the cycle and post-cycle). Yesterday, I weighed in at 224 lbs, which is exactly what I weighed in during the show when they filmed me weighing myself. After coming off of test, I continued on GH for a few months, and now have just relied on NO-Xplode, Ntrix and Cell Masss to retain a good portion of my gains. Along with eating 6 to 8x a day. I’ll probably try to hold around 225 naturally, and then do another cycle to see if I can get to 240 or 250.

When I moved to Boca, I was 200 lbs, and got to 230 using anabolics. Without touching a weight, I would be 175 or 180 lbs. I was taking a test blend (cyp, prop, enanthate), anavar, halitest, gh (mixed with insulin), and winstrol towards the end preceeding the shoot. I also did lasix before the shoot as well.

Another pet peeve is that I explained the purpose behind each of the components in my cycle and specifically what each one would do. None of that made it into the segment however. Cliff, who counsels an IFBB pro, also went into much more specifics that never made the show. He even diagrammed exactly what certain substances would be doing for the cameras - it was like a science class, lol, but alas none of that saw the light of day. When he was speaking, they would keep telling him ‘dumb it down’ a bit, because people watching MTV wouldn’t understand his explanations.

With regard to people saying that I only train with cables, and the like, that simply isn’t the case either. They only showed a small percentage of the training stuff that they shot. Again, 40 hrs into 12 mins. The reason that I use the Hammer Strength for bench is a nagging rotator cuff that flares up when I do free-weigh bench, but I mainly use free weights and compound movements. I’m not the strongest guy in the world, but not the weakest either. I leg press 8 plates on each side, stack the pec deck ( as you all saw ), stack the leg extension, use the 60 lb dumb-bells for curls, do single-arm dumb-bell rows with 110 lb dumb-bells. I’m sure some of you will write in and say that you do a lot more, and I’m sure some of you do, but I’m not chopped liver either.

In my opinion, the show would have been much better off if it had the ultimate fighter guy and myself, and nixed the gay psycho guy. I think it would have been better served if they would have had say Wadler the ant-steroid fascist face off against the doctor featured on the HBO Real Sports segment. I cannot recall his name, but I’m sure most of ou know who I am referring to. But again, I think this would have bored most of their viewers who would have rather watched the ‘excitement’ of someone ‘ODing’ on tylenol. What a ****in’ clown that guy was. It almost felt like to me he took the Tylenol to spice up the True Life episode. ‘I know if I fake a suicide, it’ll look cool for TV.’ Did anyone else feel this way?

I feel for the parents who lost their son, but to me they are so off-base. It would be akin to me going to Tennessee drinking moon-shine, committing suicide, and then having my parents go in front of Congress and demanding the BAN of ALL alcohol. Utterly ridiculous. Steroid withdrawal?!? Steroid withdrawal?!? They had to be joking. I hope I don’t come off as too harsh, because they lost a son and everything, but give me a ****in’ break.

I’m not really around on message boards too much, but I wanted to post here, and clear things up just a bit. I feel that it is incumbent upon all of us to fight for our right to choose what we do with our bodies, not have the decision foisted upon us. Anyways, to everyone, stay healthy, stay strong!

-Peter from Boca’

dunno bout you guys, but after reading that, i now feel warm and fuzzy…

muscleboy79 …Dude… please dont take this the wrong way… but looking back through this thread ive decided that you either ARE that dude from 'Boca or you’re on his payroll…

**[quote]“The second guy is 220 to 230 lbs, and from my understanding is trying to portray steroids in a positive light.”[/quote]

**[quote]“Yeah, you are right about the one guy… he seemed like a joke, but the curly haired guy I think is gonna defend anabolics… just my opinion, but we’ll know in a few hours”.[/quote]

**[quote]“The curly-haired dude rocks”.[/quote]

**[quote]“the curly-haired dude was good, the fighter came off alright, and the gay dude was a total tool”[/quote]

**[quote]“Nah dude, I disagree. I think the dude who knew what he was doing was the cover model guy. He was 225 lbs, which is by no means Ronnie Coleman, but not a 180 lb nothing either. He also curled 115 lbs. 8x (not a partial rep) -
He was kinda arrogant at times, which I guess you could view as a negative quality. ‘Build me a new machine’ when he was stacking the pec deck thingy. But he also seemed to be the most educated about the topic, as he went to the nutritionist for advice, and mentioned how he was doing everything in normal dosages”[/quote]

and now you’ve happened upon this post in another forum… like I said… you’re either him, or you work for him.

me thinks a conspiracy is upon us.

WHO IS KAFKA!?!!

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Write this one down, Al Baby. I agree with you 100%.
[/quote]

Duly noted.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I think you should send this to MTV. They need all the asskicking they can get. Man, I gotta watch this show now…it seems like something I’ll rip on forever…kind of like that stupid Summer Share thing where all the guidos went to Seaside for the summer…giving Jersey a shit name once again. I launched a jihad on MTV after that one.

coolest cats in the cave huh? I like that one.[/quote]
yo speaking about Seaside does anyone know where the good gyms are there??? im going to b going there for teh summer to work n need a place that isnt too commercial but with some sexy women there

this kid is in one of the gay clubs the subject goes to goes to my college. MTV totally outed him.

i would feel bad for him but he is reeeealy creepy and for some reason i cant pity him.

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
That was terrible and a waste of time to watch. It was also a waste of time for them to make…They could have done something really meaningful and honest…Leave it to shitty MTV to make garbage like that. MTV is the most worthless peice of crap out there. [/quote]

Maybe not. All of you watched it, just so you could throw your rusty two cents in. You don’t have to put out quality programming to make money, you just have to get people to watch it.

[quote]PEREQUE wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
I think you should send this to MTV. They need all the asskicking they can get. Man, I gotta watch this show now…it seems like something I’ll rip on forever…kind of like that stupid Summer Share thing where all the guidos went to Seaside for the summer…giving Jersey a shit name once again. I launched a jihad on MTV after that one.

coolest cats in the cave huh? I like that one.
yo speaking about Seaside does anyone know where the good gyms are there??? im going to b going there for teh summer to work n need a place that isnt too commercial but with some sexy women there
[/quote]

Sorry dude, there are exceptions, but generally speaking the sexy women only go to the commercial gyms. The women are generally scared away by serious lifters.

[quote]bullpup wrote:
I could do with out a whinny ass homo trying to bulk up to score some weiner.
[/quote]

HAHAHAHHAA YES

[quote]PEREQUE wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

coolest cats in the cave huh? I like that one.
[/quote]

I don’t know the area too well. Why are you going down there? That’s the scum part of the shore.

to work take of some shit, im from montreal n i dont kno the area at all so i duno wat to expect, the gym i train at now is a comemrical one but they work alot with athletes n shit so its not liek a pussy gym, but yeah anything in that close area would b sick