Leaked Cables, Cuban Healthcare System

Lol so dont be ashamed Ryan P. Carter. Admit the error of your ways, though you present things in a orderly fashion, like most fascist nations would.
Take this in: your entire post is wrong. Rethink things, admitting your false ways is only a miracle waiting to happen my friend.
I just find it so hard to believe there are people like you. Who are real commies living in the states.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with you disagreeing with me. I simply think that your disagreement should be based on facts, and that you should be able to present a logical argument in favor of your position. Can you do it? If not, what does that tell you?

[quote]jre67t wrote:
Lol so dont be ashamed Ryan P. Carter. Admit the error of your ways, though you present things in a orderly fashion, like most fascist nations would.
Take this in: your entire post is wrong. Rethink things, admitting your false ways is only a miracle waiting to happen my friend.
I just find it so hard to believe there are people like you. Who are real commies living in the states. [/quote]

Not to take one particular side, but you haven’t really refuted anything Ryan has said. He’s making an effort to back up his side of the argument. The rest of you, by and large, are just spouting opinion without any facts to back up your assertions.

And just to make clear, I’m politically opposite of Ryan, so I’m in no way arguing that his point is right (or wrong).

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]jre67t wrote:
I just find it so hard to believe there are people like you. Who are real commies living in the states. [/quote]

Not to take one particular side, but you haven’t really refuted anything Ryan has said. He’s making an effort to back up his side of the argument. The rest of you, by and large, are just spouting opinion without any facts to back up your assertions.

And just to make clear, I’m politically opposite of Ryan, so I’m in no way arguing that his point is right (or wrong).[/quote]

In my limited experience that is how these debates usually are. Ryan provides facts for his arguments(whether or not they are correct but at least you can see where he is getting his POV from) and most everyone else provide their opinions as if they were facts.
I know there is book-smart and street-smart, but just saying that your opinion is correct without backing it up with some facts(or something else, ie, you’re a geneticist so you know about genes) doesn’t help resolve or educate anyone.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]jre67t wrote:

And just to make clear, I’m politically opposite of Ryan, so I’m in no way arguing that his point is right (or wrong).[/quote]

In my limited experience that is how these debates usually are. Ryan provides facts for his arguments(whether or not they are correct but at least you can see where he is getting his POV from) and most everyone else provide their opinions as if they were facts.
I know there is book-smart and street-smart, but just saying that your opinion is correct without backing it up with some facts(or something else, ie, you’re a geneticist so you know about genes) doesn’t help resolve or educate anyone.[/quote]

For the most part, it has always been this way.

That’s why when debating(as compared to discussing), I like to source where I get my information, then the other guy knows where I’m getting my info, and (ideally) we can continue from there and both come out better informed and educated.

Ryan, take your ass to Cuba, let us know how it goes. Walk the streets, talk with locals, go check out some hospitals and clinics for yourself. Then picture yourself or family members with a terminal illness, and decide if you want their health care system or ours. Instead of going to Mazatlan for your senior trip, go check out Cuba. This should be priceless. Have a mojito for me while you’re at it.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Ryan, take your ass to Cuba, let us know how it goes. Walk the streets, talk with locals, go check out some hospitals and clinics for yourself. Then picture yourself or family members with a terminal illness, and decide if you want their health care system or ours. Instead of going to Mazatlan for your senior trip, go check out Cuba. This should be priceless. Have a mojito for me while you’re at it. [/quote]

Quit being a pussy and either back your shit up or pipe down.

[quote]Ryan P. McCarter wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Ryan, take your ass to Cuba, let us know how it goes. Walk the streets, talk with locals, go check out some hospitals and clinics for yourself. Then picture yourself or family members with a terminal illness, and decide if you want their health care system or ours. Instead of going to Mazatlan for your senior trip, go check out Cuba. This should be priceless. Have a mojito for me while you’re at it. [/quote]

Quit being a pussy and either back your shit up or pipe down.[/quote]

Back up my shit? Being a pussy? Dude, I have friends who have lived in Cuba for many years, who go back and visit family frequently, and tell me how bad it is. But apparently, THEY ARE ALL LYING ! Because YOU say it’s better than sliced bread LOL. No I have never been to Cuba, but I believe the people who have lived half their life there. But I am supposed to believe some pimple faced kid from Tennessee about Cuba ? Smell what you are shoveling.

Yes people, we are all in on the big lie. Ryan, you were left out of the loop.

BTW - leave this continent and broaden your horizons before you talk about other cultures to ethnic people such as myself.

Isn’t everyone ‘ethnic’?

Guys, keep in mind when I say this I am a Minarcho-Libertarian who studied with Mises fellows in Auburn so I am no friend of the communists. Sadly Ryan is the only one debating properly here. He is not arguing from personal, anecdotal perspective. He has quoted only from relatively unbiased sources (for fucks sake the CIA is surely not trying to aid the Castro’s) regarding aggregate statistics. I personal think there are confounders to be considered when viewing these stats, not the least of which is the high concentration of the population of Cuba in one tiny geographical area. This makes providing services exceedingly easier than in a huge country like the US. But the stats are what they are and they have been confirmed by numerous sources as he has listed.

Anecdotal evidence is not worthless, but it is not a fair argument against his evidence or argument as he has presented it. He is simply stating that available empirical data points to the relative non-shittiness of Cuba’s health care system. Find a way to discredit his statistics and you have an argument. Waving away what he is saying and claiming all that data is clearly bullshit because of personal experience is simply illogical and dodging him. You are talking at cross points and avoiding the weight of his argument. If he or his stats are obviously wrong it should be pointed out why they are wrong. Maybe officials are corrupt, people are on the take, I don’t know but there needs to be some reason to deny the evidence he has brought forward aside from personal experience.

He found evidence, and linked to it, that seriously undermines much of the information in the cable mentioned by the OP. The least those that feel he is wrong in his assertions can do is do the same. Why else debate if we can’t improve ourselves and our understanding of things?

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
Isn’t everyone ‘ethnic’?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ethnic[/quote]

No Matty, I am not originally from the US. Ryan is pure American, made from the thoughts and minds of Tennessee back roads, 1/5 of Jack Daniels, and dirty thoughts fulfilled in the backseat of a Chevy Nova.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Quit being a pussy and either back your shit up or pipe down.[/quote]

Ha! This college kid called Max a pussy!!!

Best laugh I’ve had in days…

Hey Max, you should intro him to some of your old prison “friends.”[/quote]

Chushin, he would be prostituted for a carton of cigarettes on the top tier in A Block. His new name would be Rihanna, and he would be singing in the shower for all the wrong reasons.

I know a guy who once bought a Toyota. He had nothing but trouble out of it, it was always in and out of the shop, and after about the sixth time he had it in to the dealer, he said forget it, and got rid of it. If you ask him, he’ll tell you how horrible and unreliable Toyotas are. It doesn’t change the fact that Toyotas are the most reliable car on the road.

You either don’t understand that you are arguing the wrong thing, or you are being intentioanlly dishonest.

This has nothing to do with cultures or ethnicities. It has to do with you and your unwillingness to deal with facts.

Maximus, I honestly don’t care what you think. But answer a question for me: if I made a claim, and you posted a link that clearly proved me wrong, would you expect me to admit it?

Please don’t dodge this question like you have everything else.

[quote]kilpaba wrote:
Guys, keep in mind when I say this I am a Minarcho-Libertarian who studied with Mises fellows in Auburn so I am no friend of the communists. Sadly Ryan is the only one debating properly here. He is not arguing from personal, anecdotal perspective. He has quoted only from relatively unbiased sources (for fucks sake the CIA is surely not trying to aid the Castro’s) regarding aggregate statistics. I personal think there are confounders to be considered when viewing these stats, not the least of which is the high concentration of the population of Cuba in one tiny geographical area. This makes providing services exceedingly easier than in a huge country like the US. But the stats are what they are and they have been confirmed by numerous sources as he has listed.

Anecdotal evidence is not worthless, but it is not a fair argument against his evidence or argument as he has presented it. He is simply stating that available empirical data points to the relative non-shittiness of Cuba’s health care system. Find a way to discredit his statistics and you have an argument. Waving away what he is saying and claiming all that data is clearly bullshit because of personal experience is simply illogical and dodging him. You are talking at cross points and avoiding the weight of his argument. If he or his stats are obviously wrong it should be pointed out why they are wrong. Maybe officials are corrupt, people are on the take, I don’t know but there needs to be some reason to deny the evidence he has brought forward aside from personal experience.

He found evidence, and linked to it, that seriously undermines much of the information in the cable mentioned by the OP. The least those that feel he is wrong in his assertions can do is do the same. Why else debate if we can’t improve ourselves and our understanding of things? [/quote]

this… x100.

its been like this for a long time, everyone picking on the guy with the facts and who always happend to be ryan. Good to see people from all over the political spectrum giving him some credit, It was about time.

By the way, Maximus, I do know a couple from Cuba, and they have good things to say about the country. They acknowledge that it is not as rich as the US (a claim no one has made anywhere) but that they do a good job with the limited resources they have.

I have not previously mentioned this because, as I said, anecdotes are not applicable to statistical issues such as this.

Maximus, I honestly don’t care what you think. But answer a question for me: if I made a claim, and you posted a link that clearly proved me wrong, would you expect me to admit it?

Please don’t dodge this question like you have everything else.[/quote]

No, I would not expect you to admit it. I don’t think you have the nobility or humility to admit when you are wrong, let alone even could be wrong.