Kanye West

[quote]MuscleMachine17 wrote:
haney wrote:
MuscleMachine17 wrote:
doogie wrote:
Who the fuck is Kayne West?

I’m assuming he is the crack-head standing next to Mike Myers, but I mean who the fuck is he?

OK. Now I’m gonna ask you to explain to me and the other members of this board what exactly gives Kanye West the name “crackhead”?
What on earth can make you call a succesful, famous musician, a crackhead?
Is it because he’s black?!
HEY NO WAY! RACISM DOESN’T EXIST ANYMORE THESE DAYS!Right?

Webster’s definition

Main Entry: rac?ism
Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
Function: noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Please tell me where in his post he said something along the lines of all black people are crackheads?

I don’t think you will find it.

He maybe racist, but you would never be able to tell from his post since he refered to an individual and not an entire race of people.

sigh

OJ than, closet-racism, “hidden” racism, whatever you wanna call it. It was obvious to anyone reading this post that he was using racial slur.
To anyone with his eyes open that is.[/quote]

I dont know where both of you are from but here in Southern California (at least amongst everyone I know) “crackhead” is a term we use in place of idiot, spaz, crazy person, etc. It is not a racist term around here and certainly isnt applicable solely to blacks. I’ve even been know to call my dad a crackhead when I thought he was acting like idiot. Is there a chance that this might just be a case of a word having different regional connotations?

MizzouDawg wrote:
MuscleMachine17 wrote:
And respect? admiration? recognition of the elite in your proffesion?
I geuss all of these are also not a way of measuring whether or not a man is succefull in what he does.

Have you ever heard of proofreading? I have a hard time taking you serious when you write like a 4th grader.

Whether he is a genius, respected, admired etc. is a moot point. The fact is he looked like an idiot. There is a time and place for everything and fundraiser is not the place to play a race card.

“Play a race card” HAHA I’M FUCKING LMAO HERE!
How the hell do all you closet racists manage to turn everything around and put the focus on kanye, saying that he’s an idiot and whatever, but COMPLETELY IGNORE WTAT MADE HIM SAY THOSE THINGS. Don’t you see what happend during this whole fiasco? do you really belive that if this sort of thing would have happened in a mainly white and/or wealthy area things would ave handled the same way by the goverment?
Fucking BS!
The people that sufferd through this were poor, they were black, and as such their lives were treated as expandble.[/quote]

Seek and yee shall find. If you are looking to find a race related explanation for the tragedy in New Orleans you will find one. But you may also find many other plausible explanations that will never reach your grasp because you will have already chosen your race based explanation.

Also, the city warned EVERYONE, as they do three times a year every year, that they need to leave the city in the event of a cat. 3 or higher hurricane. How do you think the community would have reacted if they forced all the poor black and white residents to leave and the hurricane didn’t hit. There would be droves of reporters and NAACP reps running around saying how its racially motivated blah, blah, fucking blah. Fact is the people that stayed, chose to stay. Most of the poor citizens of N.O. have free RTA (Bus)cards and could travel out of the city to shelters on higher ground if they chose to; but they didn’t. There were and always are a multitude of warnings and pleas by city officials to convince people of the need to evacuate.

As far as not helping cause they are mostly black, what about the other gulf coast states? Miss. coast (mostly poor white) is demolished with many people left without food, water, power, or gas to leave if they had the means. And all the attention is on New Orleans.

Since you and Kanye are ademant about race being the deciding factor in these events I pose a question. Why is there a conspiracy against blacks? Why would gov’t officials go to extreme lengths and risk personal attacks to punish poor blacks in New Orleans?

Myers: The landscape of the city has changed dramatically, tragically and perhaps irreversibly. There is now over 25 feet of water where there was once city streets and thriving neighborhoods.

(Myers throws to West, who looked extremely nervous in his super-preppy designer rugby shirt and white pants, which is not like the arrogant West and which, in retrospect, should have been a tip-off.)

West: I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, “They’re looting.” You see a white family, it says, “They’re looking for food.” And, you know, it’s been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I’ve tried to turn away from the TV because it’s too hard to watch. I’ve even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I’m calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help – with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way – and they’ve given them permission to go down and shoot us!

(West throws back to Myers, who is looking like a guy who stopped on the tarmac to tie his shoe and got hit in the back with the 8:30 to La Guardia.)

Myers: And subtle, but in many ways even more profoundly devastating, is the lasting damage to the survivors’ will to rebuild and remain in the area. The destruction of the spirit of the people of southern Louisiana and Mississippi may end up being the most tragic loss of all.

(And, because Myers is apparently as dumb as his Alfalfa hair, he throws it back to West.)

West: George Bush doesn’t care about black people!

(Back to Myers, now looking like the 8:30 to La Guardia turned around and caught him square between the eyes.)

Myers: Please call . . .

At which point someone at NBC News finally regained control of the joystick and cut over to Chris Tucker, who started right in with more scripted blah, blah, blah.

from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/03/AR2005090300165.html

to see what he is talking about prior to the first clip.

The people that sufferd through this were poor, they were black, and as such their lives were treated as expandble.[/quote]

The “because they’re poor” excuse is bullshit. Everyone knew Katrina was on it’s way 4 days in advance…4 days! You could walk from town in 4 days. This isn’t aimed at a particular race, seeing as there are ton of “poor” caucasians in Nawleans, too. Things that make you go hmmmm…(no, not the song, please don’t call me a racist!)

Kanye has just instantly entered the ranks of Jackson and Sharpton, which is impressive, seeing as it took years of bullshit to get them where they are!

MuscleMachine17,

Why do you automatically associate crackhead and African-American? I associate crackhead with stupid.

Watch this clip:

White, black, brown, purple…he’s still a rambling, inarticulate, hyperventilating crackhead.

The policitization of this tragedy makes me f’n sick…

WTF was that? I’ve listened to many Kanye West interviews on TV and the radio (unfortunately) and came away thoroughly unimpressed with his myopic views of society and the world. This is a guy that should shut his mouth and stick to what he does best - produce rap and hip hop beats…

I just watched the clip, and if this what passes as “genius” these days, God help us all…

[quote]The Red1 wrote:
Myers: The landscape of the city has changed dramatically, tragically and perhaps irreversibly. There is now over 25 feet of water where there was once city streets and thriving neighborhoods.

(Myers throws to West, who looked extremely nervous in his super-preppy designer rugby shirt and white pants, which is not like the arrogant West and which, in retrospect, should have been a tip-off.)

West: I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, “They’re looting.” You see a white family, it says, “They’re looking for food.” And, you know, it’s been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I’ve tried to turn away from the TV because it’s too hard to watch. I’ve even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I’m calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help – with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way – and they’ve given them permission to go down and shoot us!

(West throws back to Myers, who is looking like a guy who stopped on the tarmac to tie his shoe and got hit in the back with the 8:30 to La Guardia.)

Myers: And subtle, but in many ways even more profoundly devastating, is the lasting damage to the survivors’ will to rebuild and remain in the area. The destruction of the spirit of the people of southern Louisiana and Mississippi may end up being the most tragic loss of all.

(And, because Myers is apparently as dumb as his Alfalfa hair, he throws it back to West.)

West: George Bush doesn’t care about black people!

(Back to Myers, now looking like the 8:30 to La Guardia turned around and caught him square between the eyes.)

Myers: Please call . . .

At which point someone at NBC News finally regained control of the joystick and cut over to Chris Tucker, who started right in with more scripted blah, blah, blah.

from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/03/AR2005090300165.html

to see what he is talking about prior to the first clip.

http://pix.nofrag.com/8a/2f/afea3e67b74d67bd53347256d704.gif[/quote]

Perfectly summed up.

The sad thing is that, between everyone defending his own political turf and screaming “Am not!” “Are, too!” about the race thing, no one has realized the true essence of what happened:

The funniest thing to happen on live TV since Ashlee Simpson.

I can’t be the only one who laughed.

[quote]PCH wrote:
I just watched the clip, and if this what passes as “genius” these days, God help us all…[/quote]

Some consider him a musical genius. Me, I’m not a big fan of rap or hip hop, but he’s apparently pretty talented in that genre considering his success. But that doesn’t change the fact that he’s an ignorant fool. This video only confirms it.

Kanye’s comment “Bush doesn’t care about black people.” was completely uncalled for.

Everyone knows Bush doesn’t care about ANY people, just money, fame and power. LOL

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I’ve got a word that’s not racist for you…LOGISTICS.

The reason for the slow response was not due to a largely black populace in need, rather, due to NO location.

You just can’t take an eight-lane highway into the city. It takes time to gather, load, transport, and finally unload and disburse aid.

Bro are yuou fucking kidding me?
Do you HONESTLY belive he would have used that word if it wasn’t a black guy?
If so than I hate to tell you this but you’re a very naive guy.[/quote]

Look - it is painfully obvious to anyone that is treading this thread that you have an un-natural crush on this crack headed, Bush-hating, racist.

The sooner you admit that you are in love and not thinking rationally - just like the object of your fascination - the sooner you can get past the fact that just because he sells music does not equate to him speaking intelligently.

[quote]
doogie wrote:
Who the fuck is Kayne West?

I’m assuming he is the crack-head standing next to Mike Myers, but I mean who the fuck is he?

MuscleMachine17 wrote:

OK. Now I’m gonna ask you to explain to me and the other members of this board what exactly gives Kanye West the name “crackhead”?
What on earth can make you call a succesful, famous musician, a crackhead?
Is it because he’s black?!
HEY NO WAY! RACISM DOESN’T EXIST ANYMORE THESE DAYS!Right?[/quote]

I’m not doogie either, but Musclemachine, I would like to ask you why you would assume he was making a “crack” on Kanye West due to his race and not due to his rambling, inarticulate outburst. Are you implying that people would only consider that black people do crack? That seems rather silly.

Bro are yuou fucking kidding me?
Do you HONESTLY belive he would have used that word if it wasn’t a black guy?
If so than I hate to tell you this but you’re a very naive guy.[/quote]

So you’re saying if he somehow reached into his mind and pulled out the word “cocaine” instead of “crack” you would have been happier? Is this because you somehow assume only black people do crack, when it is common knowledge that large numbers of whites and hispanics also do crack?

Don’t get pissed b/c West is right. It’s not just Bush…you think America really gives a shit about poor black people? My grandmother, my four cousins, three aunts, two uncles, and my great aunt (who is, as of yet, totally unaccounted for) are still trapped down there. Maybe I can’t go so far as to call Bush a racist, but do you think for a goddamn second if rich white people were in this situation shit would be popping off like this?

And to those who said it’s not Bush’s fault…where the fuck do you think the National Guard is? The job of the National Guard is to defend and protect American soil, and now tragically the Gulf Coast is now also paying the price for Bush’s folly.

So yeah…go ahead, make fun of Kanye (nice comment on calling him a crack head, btw…I’m sure you wouldn’t be offended if I called you a KKK member…), go ahead and blame the victims down there, go ahead and deflect blame from the Federal government, but their response has been disgusting in the extreme. Rice attending Spamalot during this crisis? Bush meeting with fundraisers? The place of my birth is wiped out and the best he can do is mouth meaningless platitudes to assbags that are useless at best. Congress doesn’t mind convening for a Sunday session to try and “save” Terri Schiavo, but they can’t be bothered to do the same for thousands of poor bastards on the Gulf Coast? Don’t talk to me about the fucked up response not being Bush’s fault. He appointed the jackass who’s running FEMA. He’s the head of the Federal goverment. The fucking buck stops with him.

And in direct contrast with the recalcitrance and cowardice of our elected Federal officials, we have the mayor of San Antonio, who is the classiest, most honorable man I’ve heard of in a minute. I have nothing but love, admiritation, and thanks for the city of San Antonio. You’ve earned my eternal gratitude.

[quote]jon_lamfers wrote:
Don’t get pissed b/c West is right. It’s not just Bush…you think America really gives a shit about poor black people? My grandmother, my four cousins, three aunts, two uncles, and my great aunt (who is, as of yet, totally unaccounted for) are still trapped down there. Maybe I can’t go so far as to call Bush a racist, but do you think for a goddamn second if rich white people were in this situation shit would be popping off like this?
[/quote]

It seems that since NOLA is 70% black, there were several hundred thousand rich BLACK people that got out safely.

I’m sure that Trent Lott - who lost his home to Katrina would have gotten nothing but props if he had blamed the evil white man on the hurricane.

You logic is just stupid. It’s not a black/white thing. It’s a poor, ignorant thing.

I’m here in houston, and all I know is that when rescue choppers were deployed to help, they were being shot at, cops were being shot at and insanity was taking over. Kanye West was talkin out of his ass. The same animals who were killing people and raping women in the superdome are now being housed at the astrodome, a short rail ride from where my girl works downtown. I’m not even going to pretend I know what it’s like to go through what these poor people are going through, and I KNOW that the majority of those folk are good,hard working people who have been a dealt a shitty hand at this table.But the behavior that’s goin on is purely chaotic, and when I go to pick my girl up from work at 3-3:30 am [she’s a bartender]I just might pack my snub-nose with me.

Don’t get pissed b/c West is right. It’s not just Bush…you think America really gives a shit about poor black people? My grandmother, my four cousins, three aunts, two uncles, and my great aunt (who is, as of yet, totally unaccounted for) are still trapped down there. Maybe I can’t go so far as to call Bush a racist, but do you think for a goddamn second if rich white people were in this situation shit would be popping off like this? [/quote]

Yes. The race and socioeconomic status of the victims don’t affect the logistics of the situation in any way.

…I’m sure you wouldn’t be offended if I called you a KKK member [/quote]

Well, I wouldn’t mind crackhead so much, because I used to smoke crack like a choo-choo train, but the K.K.K. thing- thats just not fair. According to most of the black folks that call me names I’m a lillywhitecrackerassmuthafucka. But they aren’t racist. Not even a little bit. Nope, not at all.

Realy you shouldn’t feel bad about casting aspersions based on preconcieved notions. It’s perfectly fine to do that to white guys. In fact, what I’m getting from a lot of these video clips that have been posted, It’s O.K. to sucker punch us too.