Kanye West

[quote]knuckles wrote:
Maybe you should listen to it before you pass judgement.[/quote]

I have. He’s right.

RB

[quote]MuscleMachine17 wrote:
doogie wrote:
knuckles wrote:
He’s pretty brilliant. He was a producer for many hiphop artists, but he was picked up and has a rapping career now. The guy does incredible things with samples and makes some really nice beats.

Critically acclaimed. I’m pretty much hooked on Diamonds right now. Very well produced…

So you are saying that he steals creative peoples’ music (or pays them to use it since he can’t create his own music), throws some machine drums on top of it, and makes a lot of money. He’s fucking brilliant.

Remember, rap is short for crap.

Yeah, what a loser he is :rolleyes:

West is a musical genious and if you can get past your fucking racist shield you’ll see that he’s the best thing that happened in music for a long time. He does well both as a rapper and as a producer. His albums sell in record number, he is considerd a rising star in the idustry, he has fans world wide, what do YOU have to show for?

You can consider yourself a very lucky man if you’ll ever reach 1/10 of what he has.[/quote]

Be that as it may, he needs to keep his mouth shut when it comes to voicing his ignorant, uneducated, racist opinions.

RB

that’s hilarious

Rainjack: New Orleans has a population of roughly 500,000. The metropolitan area knocks that number up to around a million. The overwhelming majority of those trapped live in the city confines of New Orleans, not the metropolitan area. Where did these several hundred thousand rich black citizens come from? New Orleans is one of, if not THE poorest city in America. Don’t be fooled, not everyone gets a cut of Master P’s check.

Fine: it’a a socioeconomic thing, not a race thing. BUSH HATES POOR PEOPLE.

That better?

There was a complete and utter lack of preparation. If New York or Boston were facing imminent destruction, do you think for one second this shit would have happened? You can split all the hairs you want, cocaine to crack, accuse West of racism (although I’m not sure how accusing someone of being racist makes you a racist), but Bush’s actions, or lack thereof, indicates he couldn’t give a shit about anyone down there.

You accuse me of blaming the hurricane on Bush, and you call MY logic stupid? He is the fucking president - what goes on in his administration is his fucking responsibility. The response has been crap, at best. A man’s actions reveal what it’s his heart, and his complete lack of any kind of organized response has been absurd.

What are you even mentioning Trent Lott for? Is he stuck in a sinking city, filled with rioters losing their damn minds? He’s not even from Louisiana, he’s a the former Senator from Mississippi.

Keep on talking about the logic of my arguments…

[quote]jon_lamfers wrote:
Rainjack: New Orleans has a population of roughly 500,000. The metropolitan area knocks that number up to around a million. The overwhelming majority of those trapped live in the city confines of New Orleans, not the metropolitan area. Where did these several hundred thousand rich black citizens come from? New Orleans is one of, if not THE poorest city in America. Don’t be fooled, not everyone gets a cut of Master P’s check.

Fine: it’a a socioeconomic thing, not a race thing. BUSH HATES POOR PEOPLE.
[/quote]

Well if there are 500,00 poor people in NOLA - as you are saying, then there were a whole shitload of poor black people that got out safely. Take rich off the table if that makes you feel better. Why did most get out, but some not?

How is the President to blame for people ignoring evac orders for two days?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
How is the President to blame for people ignoring evac orders for two days?
[/quote]

RJ just owned you assholes. Shut up now.

accuse West of racism (although I’m not sure how accusing someone of being racist makes you a racist), [/quote]

Thats easy. When you prejudge someone based solely on their skin color, and form a negative opinion based only on that, You’re a racist. It happens all the time. Say for example there is a white guy somewhere in your general area. You look at him and based solely on the fact that he is white conclude that he is a racist-Bingo you just became a bigotted racist.

Does that clear it up for you a little?

Now I’d like to stick around and chat, but I have to go have a wonderfull and easy life with beautifull people who will never understand pain or strife because we are white. sarcasm intended.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
PCH wrote:
I just watched the clip, and if this what passes as “genius” these days, God help us all…

Some consider him a musical genius. Me, I’m not a big fan of rap or hip hop, but he’s apparently pretty talented in that genre considering his success. But that doesn’t change the fact that he’s an ignorant fool. This video only confirms it.
[/quote]

How exactly is he ignorant? cause he give you the truth in the face? casue he says things white america doesn’t like to hear?
Racism is VERY alive today, FACE IT.
Only diffrence is most people learned to hide it better, but that’s about it.

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
jon_lamfers wrote:
accuse West of racism (although I’m not sure how accusing someone of being racist makes you a racist),

Thats easy. When you prejudge someone based solely on their skin color, and form a negative opinion based only on that, You’re a racist. It happens all the time. Say for example there is a white guy somewhere in your general area. You look at him and based solely on the fact that he is white conclude that he is a racist-Bingo you just became a bigotted racist.

Now I’d like to stick around and chat, but I have to go have a wonderfull and easy life with beautifull people who will never understand pain or strife because we are white. sarcasm intended.

[/quote]

Kanye west didn’t say ANYTHING about bush being white. Don’t try and revrese it. Altough we all now how much racism white people suffer from in America :ROLLEYES:

Is it Bush’s fault that the local levy board was investing in private marina’s and miscellaneous invesments?

Oh I forgot Bush is the devil.

Sorry.

Altough we all now how much racism white people suffer from in America :ROLLEYES:[/quote]

Are you trying to make up for that now?
And by the way, do you think that racism is the cause of all the strife that impoverished blacks endure?

Cause, it seems like you believe blacks are held down by the chains of rascism. If this is indeed true, then why not move to a country that is mainly black, and run by blacks? Then racism would no longer be chaining people to an impoverished existance. Then maybe something else is to blame, then something else, and then something else until finally you run out of excuses and start letting people take responsibility for their position in life.

Lastly, can you name another place on this planet that impoverished blacks are afforded more opportunities to change their socioeconomic position and why its better than the USA?

There is no excuse for racism, and no one is denying its existance. But, you are so racist that can’t see any other possible explanations. Once again I ask you, why would the gov’t seek to punish blacks by purposefully not providing help in the wake of Katrina?

I like his music alot, I used to be into rap/hip-hop, but that stuff is so carbon copy, everybody is a pimp, they all have nice whips and hang out in the club getting drunk off of Cristal. West’s music is different in that he is a change from the norm, he utilizes artists like Common and Talib Kwali. I really like his music.

However, there is one underlying theme in all of his music, how he went to college but decided it was a waste of time and that professors are dickheads. For alot of people, especially businesspeople and entrepreneurs, college isn’t all that important to attend. I am cool with that. But to have a man who is an admitted anti-intellectual spouting off about a situation that takes a little more than a public high school education to comprehend is uncalled for. As you can see from the clip, he needs to go back to school and get an education in both political science and public speaking. He was stammering like a 1st grader learning to read.

I still respect Kanye West, but feel bad for the black community when they have people who are at the forefront of their society, saying such foolish things. He should have planned what he was going to say. When there is emotion involved, people get dillusional.

Don’t get pissed b/c West is right. It’s not just Bush…you think America really gives a shit about poor black people? My grandmother, my four cousins, three aunts, two uncles, and my great aunt (who is, as of yet, totally unaccounted for) are still trapped down there. Maybe I can’t go so far as to call Bush a racist, but do you think for a goddamn second if rich white people were in this situation shit would be popping off like this? [/quote]

I’m very sorry to hear about your family and I pray they get out safely.

However, firstly, there are a lot of white people who are unaccouted for – the media is focusing on downtown New Orleans, but with Mobile and Mississippi and the surrounding areas of both New Orleans and outside the metropolitan area there were lots of white people and probably lots of latinos who were affected.

Downtown New Orleans is most horrible largely for the same reason it is the most difficult for the rescuers to reach: the flooding from the levee breaches. Logistical problems combined with the fact people didn’t evacuate are the main factors.

I think it was you who later down in the thread wondered about how the response would have been if it were Boston or New York. Firstly, don’t forget how important New Orleans is to the U.S. economy – the port of New Orleans is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, ports in the U.S. for imported goods, and disrupting its traffic is one of the main nation-wide economic effects of Hurricane Katrina. There are many reasons outside of humanitarian ones why they would want to open things up and fix the problems as soon as possible.

Secondly, think about 9/11, which was an attack on NYC. The disaster zone after 9/11 was less than 40 square blocks. Rescue vehicles shot straight down the main, open throughfares of Broadway, Fifth Avenue, the West Side Highway etc. The disaster zone for Katrina, as the Bush mentioned yesterday, is the size of Great Britain. Would relief vehicles have made it to the center of Ground Zero on 9/11 immediately if the rim of the disaster area was deep inside New England?

And to those who said it’s not Bush’s fault…where the fuck do you think the National Guard is? The job of the National Guard is to defend and protect American soil, and now tragically the Gulf Coast is now also paying the price for Bush’s folly.

So yeah…go ahead, make fun of Kanye (nice comment on calling him a crack head, btw…I’m sure you wouldn’t be offended if I called you a KKK member…), go ahead and blame the victims down there, go ahead and deflect blame from the Federal government, but their response has been disgusting in the extreme. Rice attending Spamalot during this crisis? Bush meeting with fundraisers? The place of my birth is wiped out and the best he can do is mouth meaningless platitudes to assbags that are useless at best. Congress doesn’t mind convening for a Sunday session to try and “save” Terri Schiavo, but they can’t be bothered to do the same for thousands of poor bastards on the Gulf Coast? Don’t talk to me about the fucked up response not being Bush’s fault. He appointed the jackass who’s running FEMA. He’s the head of the Federal goverment. The fucking buck stops with him.
… [/quote]

Several of your statements are just incorrect. Firstly, there are plenty of national guardsmen in the U.S. – getting them there with the proper equipment was what took too long. Secondly, Congress did convene a special session to pass emergency aid for hurricane relief.

All of the truly damnable mistakes were made before Katrina hit land. Why weren’t more people evacuated? Why did the local and state government officials wait so long to declare an evacuation? Why didn’t they go in and force people to leave their houses (there are many reasons, but with 20/20 hindsight one could argue they should have done so)? Why didn’t they have food and water stockpiled in the Superdome, the place to which all those people were directed to evacuate? Such mistakes are legion and fall disproportionately at the state and local level.

And whatever criticism I stil think is valid for the President, the hysteria about how Bush doesn’t “care” about black people is as stupid as it is disgusting.

doogie wrote:
Who the fuck is Kayne West?

I’m assuming he is the crack-head standing next to Mike Myers, but I mean who the fuck is he?

OK. Now I’m gonna ask you to explain to me and the other members of this board what exactly gives Kanye West the name “crackhead”?
What on earth can make you call a succesful, famous musician, a crackhead?
Is it because he’s black?!
HEY NO WAY! RACISM DOESN’T EXIST ANYMORE THESE DAYS!Right?[/quote]

Well, when someone on tv starts calling white people racist, don’t expect us white folk to start being too cordial. Wow, in a national crisis this idiot, West, wants to start a race riot. Yeah, he is a fucking crackhead.

mindeffer01 wrote:
jon_lamfers wrote:
accuse West of racism (although I’m not sure how accusing someone of being racist makes you a racist),

Kanye west didn’t say ANYTHING about bush being white. Don’t try and revrese it. Altough we all now how much racism white people suffer from in America :ROLLEYES:[/quote]

You can roll your eyes all you want, but until you learn how to spell, type, and present your points in a complete and coherent manner, no one is going to take you seriously, or even understand you for that matter. Keep on rolling your eyes in feigned exasperation and learn to use statements like DUH! when you comunicate. These techniques should serve you well as you muddle through life accusing others of having problems and not understanding your plight. Don’t worry, it’s not because you can’t comunicate, it’s because everybody is racist. DUH! ROLLS EYES!

How exactly is he ignorant? cause he give you the truth in the face? casue he says things white america doesn’t like to hear?
[/quote]

What did he tell us that was true? No one disputes racism exists - but that isn’t what he said.

He is a raving asshat with no sense of his topic or even a remote hint of intelligence.

As for his musical ‘genius’ - there is no genius in rap music or pop music period. It doesn’t take much talent to appeal to the lowest common denominator and string together ‘dirty wordies’ so moronic teenagers will spend $20 on CD because it makes them feel tough. If that is ‘genius’, then we are available for the title.

Asshat!
Thunderbolt, Thats Genius!

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
MuscleMachine17 wrote:

What did he tell us that was true? No one disputes racism exists - but that isn’t what he said.

He is a raving asshat with no sense of his topic or even a remote hint of intelligence.

As for his musical ‘genius’ - there is no genius in rap music or pop music period. It doesn’t take much talent to appeal to the lowest common denominator and string together ‘dirty wordies’ so moronic teenagers will spend $20 on CD because it makes them feel tough. If that is ‘genius’, then we are available for the title.

[/quote]

Does successful musical entertainer work better for you? If it was so easy, it wouldn’t be a multi-million dollar job would it? Because then I’m sure there would be a lot more people doing what he does.

The man was speaking his mind, and judging by his demeanor and speech, he was upset about the situation. He has done a bunch of interviews, and is generally well spoken. If you want to take one instance where his speech was less than eloquent, then you should see some of Bush’s less flattering speeches where he stumbles over words and sometimes looks like a complete idiot. I don’t agree with all that Kanye said, but the first part of his tirade about the media’s portrayal of black people in this situation was dead-on.

Whatever, at the end of the day pc- politicians like yourself don’t make any change on public opinion. Respect known people like Kanye do.
So fuck yall.