Kanye West

[quote]doogie wrote:
Who the fuck is Kayne West?

I’m assuming he is the crack-head standing next to Mike Myers, but I mean who the fuck is he?

[/quote]

OK. Now I’m gonna ask you to explain to me and the other members of this board what exactly gives Kanye West the name “crackhead”?
What on earth can make you call a succesful, famous musician, a crackhead?
Is it because he’s black?!
HEY NO WAY! RACISM DOESN’T EXIST ANYMORE THESE DAYS!Right?

People like Kayne West make me sick. Who the hell is he to condemn the rescue efforts? Last I heard hes a rapper/music producer so that must make him an automatic authority on how to execute a rescue operation.

Kayne does have experience in the military conducting similar rescue operations doesnt he? He does have experience in wetland engineering and therefore is somewhat knowledgeable about draining a plot of land doesnt he? He has attained his M.D. so that he might be able to grasp the medical risks being faced by the rescue forces doesnt he? He doesnt?

You mean hes just a rapper/music producer? Maybe we should listen to somebody who knows what the fuck they are talking about before we take sides on an issue such as this. It is a shame that this tragedy has occurred. It is undeniable that the majority of those affected by this disaster are poor and black.

It is undeniable that rescue efforts have been slow in coming. But does that automatically make this an issue of race? Are these people victims of a disaster because they are black? Or is it because they had no other way of escaping the area? Where are the upstanding black members of New Orleans? The medias portrayal of this situation would have you believe that they didnt evacuate, sat there through the storm, and are now the victims of a delayed rescue operation because of their skin color. I assure you that that is not the case

They evacuated just as their white skinned neighbors. Maybe, just maybe, the rescue efforts regarding New Orleans is not a matter of race, but rather a matter of safety for the victims, the rescuers, and the whole country. Perhaps the United States has never encountered the daunting task of rescuing an entire city that has been flooded with its own sewage and chemical waste.

Perhaps the United States has never faced the task of preventing a massive outbreak of widespread, resilient bacterial infections. Perhaps the United States has never faced the task of trying to save those who will shoot at the very people attempting to rescue them in the morbidly mistaken belief that if we shoot at the rescuers then they will save us more quickly. To blame the slow coming relief effort on one man is ludicrous.

The President has already localized several thousand Army National Guard troops, signed a $10.5 billion measure (intended as a downpayment on what will be a larger amount in the coming weeks) to speed Federal aid to those areas devastated by Hurricane Katrina, and he has publicly acknowledged that the rescue efforts so far had been unacceptable. What more can he do? He is the President not Superman. He cannot fly down and scoop up the victims of this storm. The fact is that this is an unprecedented occurrence and that tactical errors will be made in resolving this clusterfuck. Now is not the time to throw around unfounded accusations and incite emotional responses. The United States must adapt and overcome the horrible circumstances surrounding this disaster so that we may rescue those who are in need and start the process of rebuilding a city.

[quote]MuscleMachine17 wrote:
OK. Now I’m gonna ask you to explain to me and the other members of this board what exactly gives Kanye West the name “crackhead”?
HEY NO WAY! RACISM DOESN’T EXIST ANYMORE THESE DAYS!Right?[/quote]

I’m not doogie, but if the guy is as much of a genius as everyone is saying - why can;t he put together a coherent sentence? I mean Mike Meyers was standing right next to him and at the very least he sounded lucid.

Kayne West sounded like an idiot - and had he been white and been as incoherent, I think ‘crack head’ would be an applicable description of the white idiot as well.

Crying “racism” whenever the idiot in question is black is just pure ignorance.

[quote]Moriarty wrote:
doogie wrote:

I’m assuming he is the crack-head standing next to Mike Myers, but I mean who the fuck is he?

Is that what they call African-Americans where you’re from nowadays? ::shakes head in disgust::[/quote]

I have personally provided medical attention to crackheads and he was talking just like a crackhead, white or black. Rambling, ignorant bullshit.

What a racist fucktard. Hopefully America will see him for the douchegag he is.

Damn that shit really pisses me off!

So I guess he is such a jenyis because he actualy discovered a way to make this bad situation worse. Now that an entire population of a region has been devastated, lets piss people off with an inflamatory comment that is palatable to ingorant assholes who need more excuses to rationalize their already sick behavior.
That cracks me up. He is a genius. Maybe he will grace the pages of Mensas next journal with an article that details his creative process in these matters.
love,
punkasslillywhitecrackermuthufucka

[quote]rainjack wrote:
MuscleMachine17 wrote:

I’m not doogie, but if the guy is as much of a genius as everyone is saying - why can;t he put together a coherent sentence? I mean Mike Meyers was standing right next to him and at the very least he sounded lucid.

Kayne West sounded like an idiot - and had he been white and been as incoherent, I think ‘crack head’ would be an applicable description of the white idiot as well.

Crying “racism” whenever the idiot in question is black is just pure ignorance. [/quote]

Bro are yuou fucking kidding me?
Do you HONESTLY belive he would have used that word if it wasn’t a black guy?
If so than I hate to tell you this but you’re a very naive guy.

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
So I guess he is such a jenyis because he actualy discovered a way to make this bad situation worse. Now that an entire population of a region has been devastated, lets piss people off with an inflamatory comment that is palatable to ingorant assholes who need more excuses to rationalize their already sick behavior.
That cracks me up. He is a genius. Maybe he will grace the pages of Mensas next journal with an article that details his creative process in these matters.
love,

[/quote]
Wheather tou agree with what he said or not, you can’t take his succes from him. And he has A LOT.

[quote]dryden1001 wrote:
You mean hes just a rapper/music producer? Maybe we should listen to somebody who knows what the fuck they are talking about before we take sides on an issue such as this. It is a shame that this tragedy has occurred. It is undeniable that the majority of those affected by this disaster are poor and black.

It is undeniable that rescue efforts have been slow in coming. But does that automatically make this an issue of race? Are these people victims of a disaster because they are black? Or is it because they had no other way of escaping the area? Where are the upstanding black members of New Orleans? The medias portrayal of this situation would have you believe that they didnt evacuate, sat there through the storm, and are now the victims of a delayed rescue operation because of their skin color. I assure you that that is not the case

They evacuated just as their white skinned neighbors. Maybe, just maybe, the rescue efforts regarding New Orleans is not a matter of race, but rather a matter of safety for the victims, the rescuers, and the whole country. Perhaps the United States has never encountered the daunting task of rescuing an entire city that has been flooded with its own sewage and chemical waste.

Perhaps the United States has never faced the task of preventing a massive outbreak of widespread, resilient bacterial infections. Perhaps the United States has never faced the task of trying to save those who will shoot at the very people attempting to rescue them in the morbidly mistaken belief that if we shoot at the rescuers then they will save us more quickly. To blame the slow coming relief effort on one man is ludicrous.

The President has already localized several thousand Army National Guard troops, signed a $10.5 billion measure (intended as a downpayment on what will be a larger amount in the coming weeks) to speed Federal aid to those areas devastated by Hurricane Katrina, and he has publicly acknowledged that the rescue efforts so far had been unacceptable. What more can he do? He is the President not Superman. He cannot fly down and scoop up the victims of this storm. The fact is that this is an unprecedented occurrence and that tactical errors will be made in resolving this clusterfuck. Now is not the time to throw around unfounded accusations and incite emotional responses. The United States must adapt and overcome the horrible circumstances surrounding this disaster so that we may rescue those who are in need and start the process of rebuilding a city. [/quote]

This has been my point all along. It isn’t about race. It is about how to do this orderly and safely.

mindeffer01 wrote:
love,

Wheather tou agree with what he said or not, you can’t take his succes from him. And he has A LOT.

[/quote]

Are you measuring success in dollar amounts?
Thats a good one. Realy. The idea of measuring success in dollars has been the laughing stock of history. Thanks. That one allways gives me a chuckle.

doogie wrote:

HEY NO WAY! RACISM DOESN’T EXIST ANYMORE THESE DAYS!Right?[/quote]

Webster’s definition

Main Entry: rac?ism
Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
Function: noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Please tell me where in his post he said something along the lines of all black people are crackheads?

I don’t think you will find it.

He maybe racist, but you would never be able to tell from his post since he refered to an individual and not an entire race of people.

sigh

And respect? admiration? recognition of the elite in your proffesion?
I geuss all of these are also not a way of measuring whether or not a man is succefull in what he does.

Another racist brother. Where was the “black caucus” when Katrina hit? This has nothing to do with race, but race baiting is a convenient way of trying to hide the fact that the black, racist leaders in N.O. are inept. Give to local churches in Baton Rouge.

I geuss all of these are also not a way of measuring whether or not a man is succefull in what he does.[/quote]

Nor are they qualifiers that put a person in a position to make valid commentary on national disasters and how they are handled, as he proved quite well in that clip. You would think that his wit and wisdom that has won him the accolades of his peers would manifest as something a little brighter than “Bush doesn’t care about black people.” Unless of course he actualy is not capable of truly inspiring posative action with his words. With that being the case- He is a Failure.

Isn’t Kanye West the same guy who bitched and whinned that he didn’t get a Grammy or whatever bullshit music award?

I geuss all of these are also not a way of measuring whether or not a man is succefull in what he does.[/quote]

Have you ever heard of proofreading? I have a hard time taking you serious when you write like a 4th grader.

Whether he is a genius, respected, admired etc. is a moot point. The fact is he looked like an idiot. There is a time and place for everything and fundraiser is not the place to play a race card.

I like his music. He is talented as a producer and has gotten respectable enough at rapping to make hits. I wouldn’t call him a genious however.

After watching this video, I have lost a lot of respect for him. I’ll never view him the same way again.

You would think that his wit and wisdom that has won him the accolades of his peers would manifest as something a little brighter than “Bush doesn’t care about black people.” Unless of course he actualy is not capable of truly inspiring posative action with his words. With that being the case- He is a Failure.[/quote]

So true mindeffer!

His musical talent aside, he came across as an ignorant dick.

[quote]haney wrote:
MuscleMachine17 wrote:
doogie wrote:

Webster’s definition

Main Entry: rac?ism
Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
Function: noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Please tell me where in his post he said something along the lines of all black people are crackheads?

I don’t think you will find it.

He maybe racist, but you would never be able to tell from his post since he refered to an individual and not an entire race of people.

sigh

[/quote]

OJ than, closet-racism, “hidden” racism, whatever you wanna call it. It was obvious to anyone reading this post that he was using racial slur.
To anyone with his eyes open that is.

MuscleMachine17 wrote:
I geuss all of these are also not a way of measuring whether or not a man is succefull in what he does.

Nor are they qualifiers that put a person in a position to make valid commentary on national disasters and how they are handled, as he proved quite well in that clip. You would think that his wit and wisdom that has won him the accolades of his peers would manifest as something a little brighter than “Bush doesn’t care about black people.” Unless of course he actualy is not capable of truly inspiring posative action with his words. With that being the case- He is a Failure.[/quote]

He was speaking from his heart! When you’re in such a storm of emotions you say what you FEEL and what you belive in, not what you think will sound good to other people.

[quote]MizzouDawg wrote:
MuscleMachine17 wrote:

Have you ever heard of proofreading? I have a hard time taking you serious when you write like a 4th grader.

Whether he is a genius, respected, admired etc. is a moot point. The fact is he looked like an idiot. There is a time and place for everything and fundraiser is not the place to play a race card.[/quote]

“Play a race card” HAHA I’M FUCKING LMAO HERE!
How the hell do all you closet racists manage to turn everything around and put the focus on kanye, saying that he’s an idiot and whatever, but COMPLETELY IGNORE WTAT MADE HIM SAY THOSE THINGS. Don’t you see what happend during this whole fiasco? do you really belive that if this sort of thing would have happened in a mainly white and/or wealthy area things would ave handled the same way by the goverment?
Fucking BS!
The people that sufferd through this were poor, they were black, and as such their lives were treated as expandble.