It's Log!

[quote]dianab wrote:
Hey Deb, nice work, nice form, good bump at the hip too. Most people don’t so that well without coaching.
I was looking at the first vid of snatch, and compared it to your snatch balance. Huge difference in the jumping. You shuffle to the side visibly when doing the balance, and although you are still getting a little air time, it’s much reduced from your full snatch (which is a good thing!) Try to “shuffle” your feet out slightly to the side rather than take so much air with the full snatch, it’ll save you energy and make the lift more stable. Check the vid of the guy you posted, his feet don’t really leave the platform.
An 80lb full snatch is pretty damn awesome, you should contact a weightlifting club and get into the game, you’d be a good competitor.[/quote]

Diana, that’s awesome for you to say! :smiley: I have no idea what are good lift numbers, so thanks. I did have some coaching for a few sessions with a trainer in February. I’ll keep an eye on my air time. No weightlifting club here unfortunately. I wanna though!

Thanks so much guys for visiting my log and your comments!

Germanone, these are my first pair so it’s hard for me to give a review but they were pretty good tonight :slight_smile: I was a bit off balance at first because they have so much grip and are heavier and I’m not used to the heel but once I got used to them they were awesome.

Fridays workout:

I tried out the new shoes and they felt really good on the squats. I also worked on my setup after some advice from GqArtguy and I did squats at the beginning of my workout in the afternoon instead of the morning like the last two workouts. So there might be a couple reasons they felt good.

back squats
140x5
140x5
140x5
155x4
165x3
165x3
185x2
185x2

I was a bit wobbly on my hang snatches I think getting used to the shoes. I posted a video since Masch posted her cute fail =D I was worried about when I’d do that and that it would hurt but it was fine.

hang snatch
bar
60x3
60x2 -fail! Ha!
60x3
60x3
65x3
65x3
65x3
70x2
70x2
75x2

sweep drill

hang cleans
bar
60x5
90x2
90x2
100x2
100x2
100x2

cleans
115x1
115x1
120x1

My last clean felt really smooth and light and I was a bit surprised. I wanted to jerk but I hadn’t done any yet so I decided to wait until tomorrow for jerks.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:
YAY!!! So cool!!! Your volume is almost as insane as Nikki’s!!!

So, question: Did you learn how to do everything yourself or did you have someone help you learn snatches and cleans? I can’t remember if you said so or not.

EDIT: Ignore my question…just read your post where you talked to PB Andy. It definitely helps to actually READ and not SKIM!![/quote]

:smiley:

I did have a trainer for a few sessions though. I couldn’t get started on the snatch on my own–or I didn’t think so at least.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
This…is going to be an epic log. Those snatches were pretty damn badass. They are still a work-in-progress for me. Good stuff in here![/quote]

Hey Beast!! :slight_smile: Thank you. Edit: Hiya Veggie too!

Snatches are sooooooo amazing:

I want to drop under the bar like this guy! I’ll listen to techno even![/quote]

The day I do this, all the people of the world will fall to their knees before me, for this will be the sign that the King has returned. I have work to do… and techno ain’t bad. :wink:

who knew just a year ago, that you had a knack for this? very exciting!!

YEI!!! :D!!

greatlifts!! i’m so excited for your log!!! :D!and vids!!sigh

Deb, drop snatches look great. As does the first full snatch in that set. You’re dropping much faster! Good job.

That clean looked great too! I really think you’re a natural at this. You should def look into getting into some sort of club. You’re putting up awesome weight! And your tech looks good (to my newb eye, at least).

I have Do Wins too. I freaking love them. No joke, they brought my ankle mobility to a whole new level. I feel like its cheating somehow. lol! but whatever.

My shoes are super snug as well. I can’t even wear socks with them! But i like all my athletic shoes on the snug side. You should see some of my soccer cleats! Some pairs i’ve had to wear in the shower just to loosen them up. Anyways, my coach said that you want them tighter so your foot doesn’t slip forward.

Have fun jerking :wink: My cues: Elbows up, bend those knees and push - throw that bar straight up to the sky get your head through your arms (don’t thwack chin!). And, as I always forget, front foot comes in first when you stand.

Finally, and I hate to ask, what’s your stats? Ht/Wt I’m just curious so I know where I stand with my weights. lol! :confused:

Thanks Deb, sounds like Do wins are the way to go. I may check with you or maschy as i get close to ordering a pair.

Oh it took me WAY too long to see this. I could pull my head outta my ass, but then it’d just snug right up into yours.

You’re an amazing woman, Deb, and I’m proud to have you around. Welcome to the PW compound. Stick around for awhile, eh?

I think the heel raise shifts your balance forwards so it takes a little bit of time to rediscover the positions (especially the power position for good hip drive - so a lot more wonky pulling). That is my experience with my new heel raise, anyway.

When my shoes arrived they were too tight in the sense that I couldn’t fit my feet in them without them cramping up. Sent them back and got a size up. Could feel those pretty hard against my toes so was a little worried they were too small, too. They certainly have stretched over time, though. The toe box feels nice and roomy and they are snug in the heel so my foot doesn’t slip around. Hoping your shoes adapt to your feet in the same way.

MiM :smiley: It’s very exciting. I was getting bored and looking for something new too.

Hey Brute!

Masch, thanks much! :))) You guys are very good for my brittle ego! No socks eh? Hmm I might have to try that.

My stats are height under 5’5 my weight is between 130-140, today it’s 137 (eek!) but I have been about 133 most days lately.

Germanone, I heard a lot of good things about the Do Wins and they were the right price so they seemed like the way to go. Squatting in them feels great. I’m still getting used to them for the lifts though.

Thanks so much Claire! <3

Alexus they felt pretty good today (but still adjusting!). I might try Masch’s no socks idea. They feel nice and sturdy though.

Saturday’s workout

back squats
140x5
155x5
155x5
165x3
165x3
185x2
190x1 (second attempt a weak fail)

bunch of hang snatches, snatches
and hang cleans @ 65lbs

clean and jerk - I wanted to do more but ran out of steam. I think Squats first isn’t going to work if doing c&js
65x3
65x3
95x2
95x1
105x1
105x1
105x1
115x1

My jerks are still goofy. I think I need a lot more practice! Less weight more technique perhaps.

Look, I can throw my weights now! I can’t easily do it yet though lol

pullups
3x5

oooh you got yourself a platform! very nice. nice work getting under the clean, too, very smooth. my jerks are crankier than yours lol.

[quote]
My last clean felt really smooth and light and I was a bit surprised.[/quote]

It looked really smooth and light! I was like, “Damn, that’s 120#?”
Awesome squats and jerks today too.

Ah, it’s so awesome having you in PW. You and Maschy’s logs have the tendency to make me smile

Hey Nikki! Thanks! I think in the clean video you can see me look at the bar after and say wtf?? And then I checked the weight again. I learned something there I think about adding more aggressiveness to the pull and less thinkiness. I’ve always used a lot more muscle and less GRRR to get the bar up and now the lightbulb went on :smiley: I’m glad I can make you smile too. A definite bonus!

soooomeone got some new shoes. :slight_smile:

Alexus, here’s my attempt at the wall squat wide I mentioned in your log:

I think maybe it doesn’t feel good because it shifts my alignment from being like the pic above (from Donny Shankles blog http://donnyshankle.blogspot.com/2011/03/on-weightlifting-personal-view_22.html )

[quote]alexus wrote:
oooh you got yourself a platform! very nice. nice work getting under the clean, too, very smooth. my jerks are crankier than yours lol.[/quote]

I love the platform. It sure beats the carpet (even if it does don the coolest of snappy 60’s patterns lol)

Another drawing from http://donnyshankle.blogspot.com/2011/03/on-weightlifting-personal-view_22.html

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
soooomeone got some new shoes. :)[/quote]

And is really glad! =D

They are totally worth it.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
soooomeone got some new shoes. :)[/quote]

Jerks feel weird now though. They’re really grippy and heavier. I don’t feel quite as light on my feet.

Popping in to check up on your oly greatness :slight_smile:

Yea, I don’t think that the wall squats have a lot of carry over for oly.

Love the jerk vid. Looking fine as always.