It's Log!

I’m going to be singing that song every time I see that title on the main page.
“what rolls down stairs alone or in pairs…”

I tend to be pretty quiet, but I’ll be following along too.

I love watching the o-lifts - the speed, power and fluidity is very impressive.

Nice back Deb. I’m a beginner and I’m just in awe of the coordination and strength required for OLY. Without sounding too girly, I think it’s like the ballet for lifters. You make those snatches look pretty and effortless.

I love watching the olympic lifts. Your videos are awesome. Did you teach yourself how to do them or did you (do you) have coach? I apologize if you mentioned that somewhere and I missed it. I wish I could stuff like that but I would need a coach, I think. I am looking forward to following your log. Nice work!

[quote]debraD wrote:
I don’t plan on post a ton of pics but a couple to start with. My traps are a growing:

[photo][/photo]

[photo][/photo][/quote]

Not only traps, back is looking fantastic too. I know nothing bout OLY, but damn, you look good doing it.

Debs, I have to say you have a fantastic snatch.
And the rest of your body ain’t bad either.

Bre, heh thanks for reinforcing the song! LastStand, you will be cursing it soon …

Hi MIM!

Masch, thanks much! I’ve done drop snatches with the bar on my shoulder but not with it on my sternum. I’ve have to look for cloystreng’s vid of that.

Here are some snatch balance/drop snatches from over a week ago:

n8tive, yeah maybe if I’m feeling like hiding I’ll just post my workouts and just do it.

Thanks for all the nice words about my snatches and lifts =D Alisa, Germanone and mainy!

Inky, thanks for nice words about the squat! I’ve learned that the video camera forces me to squat better because there is evidence now lol.

Nikki, no, you’re gawgeous :smiley:

Powerpuff, the movement that makes it ballet for lifters is what I love about them too.

Whysper, thanks! I met with a trainer to learn the snatch. I played around with a bar at home and it was useless so I met with her and she gave me a start. Then I posted a bunch of videos in the Oly forum and sent them to PB Andy and I got a lot of great feedback from them. I do need a coach but I don’t have one unfortunately.

Print <3!

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:
Debs, I have to say you have a fantastic snatch.
And the rest of your body ain’t bad either. [/quote]

Haha! I’ve been trying to explain to some guys what I’m doing they snicker and giggle every time I say snatch. So I said “Yes, Vagina. Vagina! Okay, anyhow…”

My shoes just arrived after 3 weeks and I think they are too small. CURSES!

I’m happy to see you logging and look forward to hearing about your training. Love the videos and the pictures!

That sucks, the Japanese have a method for making their feet smaller… I never found a use for binding your feet like that, but waiting another 3 weeks for shoes will suck just as major.

What brand shoe did you get? Sorry if I missed it somewhere in here?

Hey Kimba!

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
That sucks, the Japanese have a method for making their feet smaller… I never found a use for binding your feet like that, but waiting another 3 weeks for shoes will suck just as major.[/quote]

Ha! I wouldn’t be the first woman contemplating extreme measures to fit into a desirable pair of shoes.

Germanone, they are Rogue Do Wins. I’ve been wearing them all morning and I did a few easy squats in them a couple of snatches and they’re not too bad now. I found a thread on crossfit where a guy said he has the same ones and they were too snug at the toes but loosened up and fit perfect after a few workouts. They are suede at the toe and could stretch there and fit better after that. But they actually feel alright.

I am leaning towards keeping them now after what I’ve read about breaking them in.

Is this your first pair of weight lifting shoes or have you had other brands? Please let me know how you like them once you get used to them, i may be in the market for a new pair soon…lol. Thanks

hey Deb, I’ll be following along, tried Oly lifting once and felt very uncoordinated…props to you!

You have great range of motion and look fantastic! I think people often underestimate how hard a snatch-to-balance really is.

Okay, I just checked out the first snatch vid you posted and that was amazing! Really great form!

Woops I just found this. Nice work, oly lifts look pretty cool!

I looove Ren and Stimpy!

Glad to see you’ve decided to post up your training. I’ve always been a little curious.

And like everyone else said, I watched that first snatch video and it looked awesome. I don’t know much about coaching the o-lifts but they’re so cool to watch.

YAY!!! So cool!!! Your volume is almost as insane as Nikki’s!!!

So, question: Did you learn how to do everything yourself or did you have someone help you learn snatches and cleans? I can’t remember if you said so or not.

EDIT: Ignore my question…just read your post where you talked to PB Andy. It definitely helps to actually READ and not SKIM!!

Hey Deb, nice work, nice form, good bump at the hip too. Most people don’t so that well without coaching.
I was looking at the first vid of snatch, and compared it to your snatch balance. Huge difference in the jumping. You shuffle to the side visibly when doing the balance, and although you are still getting a little air time, it’s much reduced from your full snatch (which is a good thing!) Try to “shuffle” your feet out slightly to the side rather than take so much air with the full snatch, it’ll save you energy and make the lift more stable. Check the vid of the guy you posted, his feet don’t really leave the platform.
An 80lb full snatch is pretty damn awesome, you should contact a weightlifting club and get into the game, you’d be a good competitor.