Improving Overall Flexibility

I am just wondering if anyone has good suggestions as to improving overall flexibility (general question)

Speficially, I’m looking for stretches/exercises that will help with squatting. My hips and ankles have shit for mobility, and the desk-job doesn’t help all that much with hip tendon balance.

In general, any site/book/resource for good stretching with improved flexibility as the final goal would be awesome.

Vinyasa Yoga. Find a class, take a couple. Once you learn a few things, you can do it on your own without a class… plus there’s plenty of youtube videos.

Pavel Tsatsouline had some good stuff on stretching/mobility, but I’m not sure how well they’ll help with squatting. Relax into Stretch is a good book for concepts and techniques (although you’ll have to get used to his style).

Here’s a good start: Squat Like You Mean It

Also look at The Third-World Squat

I’ve been following the protocols in Pavel’s Super Joints and have been astounded at the improvement in not only my range of motion, but how the popping and aches in my joints, especially my low back, have practically vanished so I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Tons of good ideas here…

Awesome, have a decent list of things to work on, and exercises to try.
Including items I didn’t know I had problems with :<