Ideal Physique (with photos)

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Matt Mendenhall was a favorite back in the day…[/quote]

YES!!!

Thanks for posting Matt, IH! He was one of my faves back then too, and I was CERTAIN he would be the next big thing.

Oh well.

Mendenhall appeared as he could keep up with today’s batch of pros.

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:
Mendenhall appeared as he could keep up with today’s batch of pros.[/quote]

Matt just couldn’t get a break though.

Thing about bodybuilding is that its bitter sweet. Some train for years and years. Diet for years and years to not place top 10. It just go to show that, some people train and sacrifice in spite of undesirable circumstances and politics. There should be a 10 page list of people potentially robbed of championships. *cough Metzger *end cough.

Ill even go as far as say Gaspari should’ve been an Olympian.

Thing about bodybuilding is that its bitter sweet. Some train for years and years. Diet for years and years to not place top 10. It just go to show that, some people train and sacrifice in spite of undesirable circumstances and politics. There should be a 10 page list of people potentially robbed of championships. *cough Metzger *end cough.[/quote]

No shit…

Thing about bodybuilding is that its bitter sweet. Some train for years and years. Diet for years and years to not place top 10. It just go to show that, some people train and sacrifice in spite of undesirable circumstances and politics. There should be a 10 page list of people potentially robbed of championships. *cough Metzger *end cough.[/quote]

You mean Arnold being 5 inches taller, no heavier and with less definition didn’t deserve the win over Mentzer in '80??

Being 75% of his former champion self seemed to please the judges that night.

Mendenhall appeared as he could keep up with today’s batch of pros.[/quote]

Early using of Insulin if I recall correctly -lol.

S

Ill even go as far as say Gaspari should’ve been an Olympian.[/quote]

u do know that’s not going very far right?

he placed 2nd a number of times… that’s like saying “ill go out on a stretch and say flex wheeler deserved an O”

lol

Mentzer
Padilla
Mendenhall
Wheeler
Levrone
Burke

it’s virtually endless.

Im no judge (of course) but Im a go out on a limb and say, fuck Kevin Levrone… Yeah I said it.

I have to put out a disclaimer so people don’t take my opinion for law lol.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Warren
Warren
Warren
Warren
Branch
Warren
Warren

it’s virtually endless.[/quote]

Crazy list!!!

Warren?? Lol.

surprised nobody mentioned reg park

steeve reeves

george eifferman

The Rock. Especially how he looks now.

Im no judge (of course) but Im a go out on a limb and say, fuck Kevin Levrone… Yeah I said it.[/quote]

I never liked Levrone or Dillet to be honest. Their shape just didn’t do it for me.

And they both appeared to have “small” chests.

I’m using the term small relatively, obviously.

you don’t like Levrone? to each their own I guess
his triceps were awesome