Gun Policy in the USA

I’m not sure I follow. You don’t think by being nice to a kid who has been bullied could help prevent some school shootings?

Actually, depending on the situation, yes it could. It doesn’t have to be a shooting per se, but it can help prevent some other order of magnitude of violence or suicide. A lot of these kids commit suicide, some decide to take a few of their bullies with them.

That was my point ha. Z called it ridiculous hence why I called that ignorant.

What % of mass shooters were bullied vs were just mentally unstable? Blaming bullying for behaviors and acts that are more likely to be the result of mental illness is not going to help.

And that lady is not crazy. She is referring to a specific incident and anyone who blames bullying for what happened at Parkland is ignoring the fact that the murderer had a history of violence and obviously has some sort of mental problem. I doubt kids bullied him; they were probably afraid of him.

This teachers with gun things really working out.

I don’t know, I kind of went off on a tangent.

Growing pains…

This reminds me of that earlier line of thinking I had where people said I just wanted a perfect world.

What’s happening to this guy? Hopefully jail. Guy accidentally shoots my kid in school he’s either going to jail or a pine box

Fine, she’s just an idiot… Nobody that I’ve seen is blaming bullying for Parkland but to discourage people from saying we should tell kids to make an effort to be nicer to one is another is truly absurd.

Good day to you.

1 Like

I don’t think she is discouraging that at all. Where do you see that?

And calling someone an idiot is not setting a good example.

Of course bullying is bad and schools are supposed to be cracking down on it. Civility is not a bad thing but i don’t think having kids sit around and sing songs while holding hands is going to stop the mentally deranged from being mentally deranged.

Uh, the end of her post when she says, “Stop that.” Maybe she has an agenda against guns. Why else would she not want people to #walkupnotout?? The hashtag walk up thing is literally for students to go up to other students and be nice to them. What a silly conversation this is.

Really? This is T Nation. Who am I suppose to be setting a good example for? Besides, she is an idiot.

The young lurker? But then again, i remember being a young lurker when we had SAMA so I’m not sure there’s really anything on here that’s egregious anymore…

I think she meant stop it with regard to making it appear like it is a cure for school shootings which implies the victims have some degree of culpability.

I was joking about setting a good example.

I agree. Like I said I went off on a tangent. Unfortunately, “Bullying” has been taken up by partisan hacks who massacre the definition and hence increase the mockery of the bullies’s target. Their kumbaya horseshit only serves to make the problem worse for the bullied not better. Talk about blaming the victim, creating a world where everything is a slight makes nothing an insult.

If your consumed with microaggressions, your missing the kid who walks down the hall with a group following him, kicking him in the ass, throwing his books down and flicking him in the ear all while telling him that he’s such a loser he should kill himself.

Still on that tangent. Haven’t circled it back to mass school shootings…

Thank God haha.

You guys are hitting the nail on the head.

I would add that personal responsibility is NON-EXISTENT these days. I would guess it started it slow death when we started law suits like the spilled mcdonalds coffee that burned that ladys lap…or the auger that took off jimmys hand cause it didn’t have a label on it…

Holy shit, is that the answer? We can just put labels on guns!! WARNING: DO NOT POINT THE END OF THE BARREL AT ANYTHING THAT YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET SHOT.

I guess the criminals could sue the gun companies since they don’t have labels on guns!

Are isolated incidents of .0001% of the population enough to say personal responsibility is non existent?

I don’t know why you would think that…

What isolated incidents are you talking about?

Shits EVERYWHERE.