Genetics Got Me, Guys. I Just Can't Do It

sorry by bad was completely unintentional. I didn’t realise.

1 Like

You literally did not do the program that was suggested. What word would you use?

Once again, are you saying this is due to your genetics?

Edit: I want to clarify (since you have a tendency to ignore my questions) that none of these questions are rhetorical. I am asking because I want to know your answers.

3 Likes

Stupidity? That’s kind of genetic I guess.

1 Like

If I were in your position(a noob), I would be asking myself why he wrote what he wrote because to do otherwise would be to assume that I know as much as he does. The latter would be foolish. Then I would question my actions and go back and see what I did wrong.

I would not throw a tantrum because that would drive away those(him and others in this thread) with the capabilities of actually helping me and would result in there being only other noobs left who will be the ones coddling me and telling me what I want to hear. It would also deprive me of guidance in the future if I somehow get past this stall and want to take it to another level.

Worst of all, it gives everyone the impression that I’m used to getting things handed to me, in this case, a guarantee of a desired outcome without any effort nor accountability on my part, by crying, throwing tantrums and attempts at emotional manipulation. Which makes me look like a little bitch.

This is not how one succeeds in anything in life. Unless, of course, one decides to be a money grabbing whore. Then you’re on the right track.

3 Likes

I can not believe this thread still lives. I appreciate the patience some people have here.

1 Like

You don’t understand 5/3/1. As @T3hPwnisher pointed out, the first set of numbers represents a percentage:

70% x 5
80% x 5
90% x 5

Etc…

You should spend some time reading Jim’s sub-forum and his books.

2 Likes

@T3hPwnisher doesn’t say anything out of spite lol. He means by literal definition you failed. You were not following the instructions you claimed to be following.

4 Likes

To approach this question from another perspective since… Most of the other perspectives have been hammer dead.

If you’re so convinced that your genetics are the reason as to why you are literally unable to make progress, of any sorts. Or rather, progress that’s meaningful to you.

Why do you even bother? It’s like being quadriplegic and wanting to excel in contact rugby or a better example, having one leg and wanting to run a marathon. Sure, people have done it but it certainly ain’t easy and it certainly seems you’re not willing to put in the work for it. It’s simply not going to happen.

I’m not saying this to put you down but I simply cannot comprehend what is going through your mind right now. It seems to me that you’ve given up, then why are you still here? Contrary to popular belief among meatheads, lifting isn’t for everyone.

Chris Koch, 37, finished Sunday’s Calgary Marathon—his first 26.2—in 4:23:12, beating his goal of breaking 4:30. The Alberta native, who was born without arms or legs, raced on the longboard he uses to get around.

and on a side funny note that’s kinda dark humor… It’s a marathon, it’s cheating if you use a longboard, sheesh.

1 Like

Despite all the advice given in this thread, I can’t help but think: are these guys really telling OP that benching 115 lbs takes either really good programming/diet or over one year ? Are you guys really thinking that someone drinking soda all day, with 50g proteins and 2k kcals a day with no experience whatsoever and doing bench press isn’t going to get past 115 lbs before 2 years of training? I’m assuming the worst, i.e. that OP drinks soda all day, with 50g proteins a day and 2k kcal. Even then, 115 lbs should be achieved a long time ago no matter the program and no matter the diet.

At this point, only genetics is at play, or a potential hidden injury (check it out). I’m saying this because I think some tendon injury hindered my progress at some point.

You’re discussing programming and diet, whereas the crux of most peoples’ comments has been about effort.

I think someone with the worst programming and diet in the world could reach incredibly high levels if they put in a skullcracking amount of effort and dedication.

Meanwhile, I think someone with the best diet and programming in the world will spin their wheels for years if the effort isn’t there.

2 Likes