Feel Side Raises in Front Delts

[quote]GetBigs wrote:
I perform side raises on the machines and I use appropriate weight, it’s a slow controlled movement. So I think it doesn’t matter where I feel it as long as it’s strict abduction, right?[/quote]

I am uninclined to agree with your conclusions due to your results. Should you achieve better results, I would be more willing to change my opinion.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:
I perform side raises on the machines and I use appropriate weight, it’s a slow controlled movement. So I think it doesn’t matter where I feel it as long as it’s strict abduction, right?[/quote]

I am uninclined to agree with your conclusions due to your results. Should you achieve better results, I would be more willing to change my opinion.[/quote]
But I mean… WTF???

I do them slowly, in a controlled fashion, HOW ??? could the front delt activated if the glenohumeral joint is internally rotated? The machine is locked into working side delts, so as long as I don’t swing / cheat, does it really matter where I feel it?

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

I am uninclined to agree with your conclusions due to your results. Should you achieve better results, I would be more willing to change my opinion.[/quote]
But I mean… WTF???

I do them slowly, in a controlled fashion, HOW ??? could the front delt activated if the glenohumeral joint is internally rotated? The machine is locked into working side delts, so as long as I don’t swing / cheat, does it really matter where I feel it?[/quote]

Train the way you are training for 10 years and see. If it doesn’t work, might be time to re-investigate.

Let your results dictate your methods, not the other way around.

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

But I mean… WTF???

I do them slowly, in a controlled fashion, HOW ??? could the front delt activated if the glenohumeral joint is internally rotated? The machine is locked into working side delts, so as long as I don’t swing / cheat, does it really matter where I feel it?[/quote]
One last time: I really think you’re getting too hung up on this whole “side delt” thing. Not up to me to pick your goals or anything, but I think you’re getting a bit of tunnel vision here.

Lol. Ok, final suggestion.

Go read up on all the mandatory poses for a bodybuilding comp. Practice flexing in front of a mirror.

The machine puts you in external rotation, emphasizing the front delts. Do side raises with dumbbells the way Walkway explained in the other thead.

[quote]knokkelezoute73 wrote:
The machine puts you in external rotation, emphasizing the front delts. Do side raises with dumbbells the way Walkway explained in the other thead.[/quote]
How does it put one in external rotation? Please do explain! The palms are rotated downward, not upward o.O It exactly mimicks DB L-lateral raise

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[quote]knokkelezoute73 wrote:
The machine puts you in external rotation, emphasizing the front delts. Do side raises with dumbbells the way Walkway explained in the other thead.[/quote]
How does it put one in external rotation? Please do explain! The palms are rotated downward, not upward o.O It exactly mimicks DB L-lateral raise [/quote]

Well, it’s not full external rotation, but it’s a lot more externally rotated than the recommended pinkie up position (with straight arms; from said position, bend your elbow and you’ll find your hands are a lot lower than your elbows, and not level with them.)

After reading through more of your posts, I’ve come to a startling conclusion.

You have zero connection between your mind and your body.

Evidence: the very first thread you started on this site, you asked why you felt the biceps, and not triceps, when you did incline bench presses. This is a trend for you.

I am convinced that you are not going to ‘feel’ exercises the way you think you are supposed to, and that you just need to deal with that. If you’re performing exercises correctly, you can ignore where you’re feeling them.

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
and is there an actual company that would make those t shirts?

We need to all get one and hit up some clubs.

T-Nation drinking party! Y’all book a ticket to Scotland. I’ll stock up on rum.[/quote]

I know nothing about Scotland. I’ve heard its beautiful though. Should we rock the kilts?[/quote]

I’ll rock a kilt any day of the week.[/quote]

we should absolutely rock kilts. I don’t know why, but chicks love a guy in a kilt[/quote]

Ah do they really? In merica, that’d never fly with the ladies. Only if they had a good sense of humor and found it amusingly ballsy. [/quote]

au contraire mon amis, Americans and Canadians seem to like it the most

Fuck it, I’ll take a stab at this one see if we can’t get this little fella to build some shoulder width.

YOGI’S ULTIMATE GUIDE TO LATERAL RAISE MASTERY!!!

1. Grab dumbbells off centre, with your hands up the top of the handle. Your thumb and index finger should be against the top bell (holding in a neutral grip).

2. Lean forward 30 degrees or so.

3. Leading with your elbows, raise the dumbbells up and slightly behind you until level with your shoulders and pause.

4. Looking in the mirror at the contracted position, your delt should look capped and awesome. If it doesn’t you’re not leaning forward enough.

5. At the top of the movement, your thumb should NOT be higher than your pinky. Your hand should either be level or your pinky ever so slightly higher than your thumb.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

T-Nation drinking party! Y’all book a ticket to Scotland. I’ll stock up on rum.[/quote]

Best post yet!!