Feel Side Raises in Front Delts

[quote]GetBigs wrote:
But if I do what the muscle does (abduct the arm, with the upper arm in line with the shoulders), why does it matter where I feel it? [/quote]

It doesn’t. Not at this point.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:
But if I do what the muscle does (abduct the arm, with the upper arm in line with the shoulders), why does it matter where I feel it? [/quote]

It doesn’t. Not at this point.[/quote]
Thanks for the reply! Then when will it matter?

Did you try out what I suggested earlier? How did it work out for you?

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

It doesn’t. Not at this point.[/quote]
Thanks for the reply! Then when will it matter?[/quote]

November 18, 2026, at 3:46 pm, CST. It will not matter before, or after, that time.

Seriously. Just lift. You’re not going to become a better lifter by continuing this line of questioning.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Did you try out what I suggested earlier? How did it work out for you?[/quote]
Yeah I did. I still don’t know if I felt my side delt working, BUT

what does it matter? It was strict abduction so it must have been the side delt doing the work.

So what I’ve started doing is machine side laterals on the L-lateral raise machine, and my goal is to once max out on the machine using strict form. I’m looking forward to the differences in side delt development

Beside that, I’m cutting at 2500 kcals a day for some time now, cut’s been going well, lost some fat, still going hard at it

I workout 5 times a week, hitting everything once a week, but with high volume (20-30 sets per workout, mostly compound movements - so for example, for the delts, it’s always BTNP-es as the first exercise then I move on to machine laterals and then as the finishing touch, I hit cable rear delt raises)

High protein, high carb, low fat diet, carbs mostly from fruits and veggies, protein from protein powder (because I can’t cook and I’m lazy AF)

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

Yeah I did. I still don’t know if I felt my side delt working,

High protein, high carb, low fat diet, carbs mostly from fruits and veggies, protein from protein powder (because I can’t cook and I’m lazy AF)

[/quote]

I find it difficult to believe you don’t know if you felt your side delt working. I imagine you either felt the side of your shoulder working or you did NOT feel the side of your shoulder working.

As for being lazy, get a slow cooker. Perfect for lazy people. Buy a pot roast, throw in in the cooker, cover it with water and onion soup mix and let it cook for 8 hours.

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

Yeah I did. I still don’t know if I felt my side delt working,

[/quote]

I find it difficult to believe you don’t know if you felt your side delt working. I imagine you either felt the side of your shoulder working or you did NOT feel the side of your shoulder working.

As for being lazy, get a slow cooker. Perfect for lazy people. Buy a pot roast, throw in in the cooker, cover it with water and onion soup mix and let it cook for 8 hours.[/quote]
Well then I think I didn’t feel the side delts… But it was strict abduction

[quote]GetBigs wrote:
Well then I think I didn’t feel the side delts… But it was strict abduction[/quote]

I still am unable to understand why it is that you think you did not versus you know you did not.

Okay So I didn’t feel my side delts working

OP’s failing the Turing Test…

[quote]GetBigs wrote:
Okay So I didn’t feel my side delts working[/quote]

What did you feel working?

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

Its because this is only your 4th or 5th thread about side delts, create another three or four, keep repeating yourself and it will magically start happening

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
and is there an actual company that would make those t shirts?

We need to all get one and hit up some clubs.

T-Nation drinking party! Y’all book a ticket to Scotland. I’ll stock up on rum.[/quote]

I know nothing about Scotland. I’ve heard its beautiful though. Should we rock the kilts?[/quote]

I’ll rock a kilt any day of the week.[/quote]

we should absolutely rock kilts. I don’t know why, but chicks love a guy in a kilt

[quote]Yogi wrote:
we should absolutely rock kilts. I don’t know why, but chicks love a guy in a kilt[/quote]

Because

a) it’s like a woman in uniform - you associate certain behavioral traits with it. Think of it as roleplaying William Walace.

b) it means the dude has balls, both literally and figuratively.

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

What did you feel working?[/quote]
The front delts

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

The front delts[/quote]

Dude… Just use 10lbs per arm and do slow, controlled movements. Better yet, Do shoulder presses instead, they are harder to fuck up.

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

The front delts[/quote]

It may benefit you to perform these in a circuit fashion. When I train, I use some light dumbbells to perform 50-60 partial ROM overhead presses, then chase it with a set of front raises and then a set of lateral raises with no rest in between. If your front delts are constantly taking over the movement, fatiguing them beforehand may force you to actually use your lateral delts.

I imagine the biggest issue is you’re trying to use too much weight, along with the fact you most likely don’t know what a lateral delt is due to how many times I had to ask you if you felt it in your lateral delt.

I perform side raises on the machines and I use appropriate weight, it’s a slow controlled movement. So I think it doesn’t matter where I feel it as long as it’s strict abduction, right?

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
and is there an actual company that would make those t shirts?

We need to all get one and hit up some clubs.

T-Nation drinking party! Y’all book a ticket to Scotland. I’ll stock up on rum.[/quote]

I know nothing about Scotland. I’ve heard its beautiful though. Should we rock the kilts?[/quote]

I’ll rock a kilt any day of the week.[/quote]

we should absolutely rock kilts. I don’t know why, but chicks love a guy in a kilt[/quote]

Ah do they really? In merica, that’d never fly with the ladies. Only if they had a good sense of humor and found it amusingly ballsy.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

The front delts[/quote]

Dude… Just use 10lbs per arm and do slow, controlled movements. Better yet, Do shoulder presses instead, they are harder to fuck up.[/quote]
I do heavy behind the neck presses as the first movement in my shoulder workout, then I go onto strict, slow, controlled machine lateral raises. Only my arm moves when I do them, nothing else. I consciously “push myself” into the seat (lol) in order not to swing my trunk around (back and forth).