Disturbing Karate Video

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Well, the guy in question clearly redlined and took it much further than he needed to.

However, the dude walked in there and began striking when all they were really asking him to do is demonstrate some of his technique…

The question I have, in my mind at least, is what would have transpired had the tables been turned.

Although I aknowledge that in all likelihood the rest of the dojo would have piled on, you have to wonder what were the intentions of the attacker?[/quote]

What world are you living in? The guy only struck out once the black belt tried to kick him in the stomach groin area. It was obvious from his ridiculous arm movements that he had never studied karate before and the very fact that he was saying he had a red belt from Jesus should have been enough for them to send him on his merry way.

This is fucking sick and I’ve just reported it to a hate crime site. The piece of shit sensei needs hanging for promoting that in his dojo and the BB needs hanging also. Has he not got a mind of his fucking own?!!

PIECE’s OF SHIT - BOTH OF THEM

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Sifu wrote:
Considering it looks like an old school ghetto karate dojo I would not say this is unusual. Reading the comments however it sounds like none of you ever studied any real karate.

I have heard similar comments from others over the last couple days. However, the guy is clearly retarded, and the sensei knew it. That’s the line for me. You want to get into dojo busting, that’s your thing. But when the guy says he got a red belt from Jesus… well…[/quote]

The man clearly didn’t have all of his faculties, but I woud not say he was retarded. The sensei knew the man wasn’t all there and just didn’t care. There are people like that in the martial arts. There are people like that on this board.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Sifu wrote:
Considering it looks like an old school ghetto karate dojo I would not say this is unusual. Reading the comments however it sounds like none of you ever studied any real karate. My sensei taught me that in order to be a great karate sensei, one needs to be cruel, brutal and ruthless. The sensei in that video is showing all the best qualities of a true karate sensei.

In the karate mindset that video is something to be extremely proud of.

Wow. You never disappoint in my opinions of your mindset. [/quote]

Boss, please do me a favor and don’t assume you know me real well from a couple of posts on this forum. I think that video was some heartless shit.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Jesus Fucking Christ.

God that really got out of hand fast. I mean that really escalated quickly.[/quote]

Am I the only one who noticed the Ron Burgundy reference?

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Sifu wrote:
Considering it looks like an old school ghetto karate dojo I would not say this is unusual. Reading the comments however it sounds like none of you ever studied any real karate. My sensei taught me that in order to be a great karate sensei, one needs to be cruel, brutal and ruthless. The sensei in that video is showing all the best qualities of a true karate sensei.

Wow. You never disappoint in my opinions of your mindset.

Boss, please do me a favor and don’t assume you know me real well from a couple of posts on this forum. I think that video was some heartless shit. [/quote]

Well,the way your initial post was worded…it was hard not to be dissapointed. But the question remains…what exactly were you “proud” of in that vid?? You didn’t necessarily(nor initially) denounce the behavior of the karate practitioners involved,either.

And what was the premise of assuming that those who have commented on this have never practiced “real karate?” I hate to assume the worst in people,but you have a lot to explain.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
WS4JB wrote:
Jesus Fucking Christ.

God that really got out of hand fast. I mean that really escalated quickly.

Am I the only one who noticed the Ron Burgundy reference?

[/quote]

yup,

It jumped up a notch.

You gotta keep your head on a swivel, and that’s what you gotta do when you find yourself thrust into the middle of vicious cockfight.

[quote]RustyShackleford wrote:
Sifu wrote:

Sifu, is the behavior in this video something you yourself aspire to? I’m not trying to call you out…just trying to understand the mindset. [/quote]

That kind of heartless mentality is something I grew up around. Because of what I have seen and experienced it is not something I aspire to.

That is why I chose Sifu for my screen name instead of Sensei, which was also available at the time.

Some are above it, others aren’t. You should study the history of karate. The way one of the all time greats of Okinawan karate masters got started in martial arts as a child is his father would tie him to a post and beat him with clubs to make him tough. In some schools unneccessary violence is a big part of the curriculum.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Sifu wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but much of that mindset was created on the American side of things as the guys who originally brought karate back to the states tended to be marines and soldiers stationed in Japan after WWII. Those guys tended to be batshit crazy.[/quote]

The first Okinawan karate master to teach karate to Americans was Isshinryu founder Tatsuo Shimabuku in 1954. Those students were more likely to be Korean war veterans, or 18-19 year olds fresh out of boot camp, than WW2 vets.

Amongst some of the other Okinawans who began teaching Americans there were still hard feelings from the invasion so the teaching methods were particularly brutal.

But you are correct that those marines weren’t the most spiritually balanced people. Then the types things that they wanted to learn and brought back to the US were not the more esoteric and spiritual aspects of karate. What they wanted to know is how to kill and how to be a killer. Being balanced or spiritually centered was seen as weakness. They did not want to know anything about spirituality unless they could somehow use it to kill somebody.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Well, the guy in question clearly redlined and took it much further than he needed to.

However, the dude walked in there and began striking when all they were really asking him to do is demonstrate some of his technique…

The question I have, in my mind at least, is what would have transpired had the tables been turned.

Although I aknowledge that in all likelihood the rest of the dojo would have piled on, you have to wonder what were the intentions of the attacker?[/quote]

You should watch and listen to the video before you go making stupid remarks like an idiot. The Kung Fu guy said he wasn’t going to strike anyone to demonstrate what he was going to teach. Then he said that he would show them a kata and use that to teach. That was when the black belt hauled off and kicked him in the groin starting the fight which the kung fu guy tried to stop.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:

what…

the black belt kicked him in the nuts… he didn’t do anything violent prior to that.

[quote]Sifu wrote:

You should watch and listen to the video before you go making stupid remarks like an idiot. The Kung Fu guy said he wasn’t going to strike anyone to demonstrate what he was going to teach. Then he said that he would show them a kata and use that to teach. That was when the black belt hauled off and kicked him in the groin starting the fight which the kung fu guy tried to stop.[/quote]

Fuck you you little cunt. You’re going to speak to me like that over a god damned 25 year old video?

Apparently I haven’t studied it to the same extent you did. I watched in between fielding calls from clients and trying to close business.

If I stand corrected, fine. You could have just posted that. The whole thing was pretty confusing and I really only looked at it once.

I already conceded that with slimjim.

[quote]adarqui wrote:

what…

the black belt kicked him in the nuts… he didn’t do anything violent prior to that.
[/quote]

Apparently I stand corrected. For some reason I did not notice the other guy initiated contact.

Thank you for pointing it out.

Would be good to see some kind of prosecution come from this

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Sifu wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Sifu wrote:

Wow. You never disappoint in my opinions of your mindset.

Boss, please do me a favor and don’t assume you know me real well from a couple of posts on this forum. I think that video was some heartless shit.

Well,the way your initial post was worded…it was hard not to be dissapointed. But the question remains…what exactly were you “proud” of in that vid?? You didn’t necessarily(nor initially) denounce the behavior of the karate practitioners involved,either.

And what was the premise of assuming that those who have commented on this have never practiced “real karate?” I hate to assume the worst in people,but you have a lot to explain. [/quote]

I think you are either misreading what I wrote or reading more into it than I meant. I don’t think that kind of cruelty is something to be proud of. But in karate there are old school motherfuckers who are like the guys in the video. I know a few. When I was young I had them inflict their bullshit on me.

The way I was taught karate is you have to be cruel and ruthless or you are not real. For karate people those guys in the video are keeping it real.

That’s why I don’t consider the martial arts I practice to be karate anymore, I consider it Kung Fu.

[quote]Cprimero wrote:
Would be good to see some kind of prosecution come from this[/quote]

Unless the man died there is going to be a statute of limitations that applies. So don’t expect to see a prosecution.

Funny thing, karma. What goes around comes around. These men are obviously very little and lack any integrity and heart. If there is anything to which they will amount to, it won’t be more then a pile of shit.

I’ve seen things like this happen in my life, and I for one, along with my friends never let it end as we step in to do some serious teaching lessons on peoples faces.

And you know what? That man was holding his own, I really don’t feel as if the black belt was any good at all, I think the reason why they picked him to fight is because he was probably half retarded and would do anything they told him to do. If the “ill” man was healthier and in an open setting, I have a feeling he would have rocked the black belt.

Peace

[quote]Sifu wrote:

I think you are either misreading what I wrote or reading more into it than I meant. I don’t think that kind of cruelty is something to be proud of. But in karate there are old school motherfuckers who are like the guys in the video. I know a few. When I was young I had them inflict their bullshit on me.

The way I was taught karate is you have to be cruel and ruthless or you are not real. For karate people those guys in the video are keeping it real.

That’s why I don’t consider the martial arts I practice to be karate anymore, I consider it Kung Fu.[/quote]

This is along the lines of what I was told. One guy pretty much just shrugged and said shit like that happened all the time, before karate became so commercialized.

[quote]rasturai wrote:
“Never get stupid with a Marine” get the fuck out of here.
This really represents marines great.[/quote]

yea you know what we as Marines should try to be more courteous and respectful for god fearing bisexuals like you that can’t handle a little talking shit. I guess thats the type of individual you would prefer protect your way of life. Face it you’d sleep better if it was a starved, cocky, angry motherfucker looking for a fight.

Although, you yourself have got some fucking balls saying the men who were nicknamed Devil Dogs by the German army, submitted Japan in WWII and took Fallujah don’t have the right to be cocky. You’d fit right in, talk to a recruiter.

Is it just me, or that blackbelt wasn’t really good?