Calling All Dudes 23 and Younger

i saw 2 guys benching 405 yesterday. they were probaly both ~25

btw, i train at a Bally’s.

This is my goal by mid august for 2 solid reps. I’m 19 years old so I guess I’ve got a while to get it anyway! Good luck to everyone else, especially you mac, and i’ll be sure to post a vid if i can.

Anyone know any good max training strategies?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Can someone make a deadlift thread for young guys?

[/quote]

theres one in Strength Sports for teenagers called “Race to a 5 Plate Deadlift” which you probaly already rep. but theres another one called “Race to a 6 Plate Deadlift” which might be more suited for you??

Strength Sports is more relevant to bodybuilding than the Bodybuilding section…minus the fags who obsess over not using straps.

I don’t know how strictly X is using the term “spotter” but I hit 405 in April with my 15 year old brother spotting me (not like he’s pulling all that much). I was 18 at the time. I dropped down to 365 since spring break and graduating and senior trip and partying enough to make my training very inconsistent. I plan on getting back to 405 and if I hit it within the six months I’ll post the video. I know this is all internet numbers and has to be backed up but 405 before age 23 is for from impossible. The right guard that played next to me did it at 17.

[quote]buzzkill44 wrote:
this thread is stupid. [/quote]

x2.
I don’t post here much, but i just want to say that i don’t understand why everyone here seems to worship this professor x character so much. There were two threads made in a couple just about a statement he made that I’m sure many here don’t even agree with. Why try so hard to prove him wrong? If you want to bench 405, that’s great, and it’s a great benchmark, but prove it to yourself, not to anyone else.
I’m 23 myself, and I cannot bench 405, and I don’t know if I ever will, as that’s not a goal of mine.

My goal is to look muscular and lean, with strength being a pleasant side effect.
If a guy like professor x doesn’t respect a guy like me because I can’t bench 405 and I don’t weigh more than 200 lbs, then I won’t respect a guy like him for not being lean and not understanding that everyone has different goals.

And wasn’t the guy in those 4 videos wearing a bench shirt? I’m not knocking bench shirts but this thread seems like it’s in the context of bench pressing 405 raw.

[quote]JimmyC111 wrote:
x2.
I don’t post here much, but i just want to say that i don’t understand why everyone here seems to worship this professor x character so much. There were two threads made in a couple just about a statement he made that I’m sure many here don’t even agree with. Why try so hard to prove him wrong? If you want to bench 405, that’s great, and it’s a great benchmark, but prove it to yourself, not to anyone else.
I’m 23 myself, and I cannot bench 405, and I don’t know if I ever will, as that’s not a goal of mine.

My goal is to look muscular and lean, with strength being a pleasant side effect.
If a guy like professor x doesn’t respect a guy like me because I can’t bench 405 and I don’t weigh more than 200 lbs, then I won’t respect a guy like him for not being lean and not understanding that everyone has different goals.
[/quote]

the quote came from a call out thread about how the younger generation is generally weaker and more about ‘instant gratification’ nowadays.

isn’t the whole goddamned point of this site to motivate and share information between each other? i personally would like a 405 bench. that’d be baller as shit. i don’t go to the gym to do 40 pushups in the corner by the bosu ball, i go in so i CAN lift 400 fucking pounds.

no one is disrespecting anyone. and yes, while some of the newer guys might be a tad to far up the prof’s ass, so what? i for one turn into a 12 year old girl at an N’sync concert anytime i get to run into a army sf operator. everyone’s got someone they look up too.

a while back, a guy claimed he could do a backflip at 230lbs. i decided to call him out on it and try it myself. did i end up proving him wrong? sure. but in the end, i did it for myself.

you want to sit in the corner with your pretty abs and rep 225 with your feet on the bench? that’s fine man, and i’m not going to rip on you for it. but don’t come in here and tell us that our goal is ‘stupid’

grow up.

[quote]buzzkill44 wrote:
just saying this is the second thread calling out the younger crowd. nothing against anyone trying to put up more weight. but chances are half of you won’t go up in weight in the next 10 years[/quote]

How is this helpful… at all!

Not only is this inaccurate, it goes against what some of the wisest guys in the weightlifting crowd will tell you what pumping iron is all about.

Push you’re boundaries, master determination, practice dedication, and you’re body will become strong like your mind. That’s my thought anyway.

no one said the goal was dumb. just not everyone is a powerlifter.

Go inside a college football team’s weight room, there are plenty who can bench over 400 who are under 23.

I’m only 20 and I’m still around 350-365, bench day is tomorrow and I’m shooting for 295x8-10… I dunno about 6 months but I’ll get there before I’m 23 for sure.

Sorry, but I’m not doing this for X, some guy on an internet forum that I will most likely never meet, I wanna bench 405 because it would look super bad ass, and I would be proud to put up that kinda weight.

And yeah, I’ve lifted next to some of the UC football players, there aren’t many putting up 405 bench presses. They were impressed when they saw me unrack 315 and do a negative with it.

[quote]martyh wrote:
Go inside a college football team’s weight room, there are plenty who can bench over 400 who are under 23.[/quote]

a handful? maybe

“plenty”? negative.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
the quote came from a call out thread about how the younger generation is generally weaker and more about ‘instant gratification’ nowadays.

isn’t the whole goddamned point of this site to motivate and share information between each other? i personally would like a 405 bench. that’d be baller as shit. i don’t go to the gym to do 40 pushups in the corner by the bosu ball, i go in so i CAN lift 400 fucking pounds.

no one is disrespecting anyone. and yes, while some of the newer guys might be a tad to far up the prof’s ass, so what? i for one turn into a 12 year old girl at an N’sync concert anytime i get to run into a army sf operator. everyone’s got someone they look up too.

a while back, a guy claimed he could do a backflip at 230lbs. i decided to call him out on it and try it myself. did i end up proving him wrong? sure. but in the end, i did it for myself.

you want to sit in the corner with your pretty abs and rep 225 with your feet on the bench? that’s fine man, and i’m not going to rip on you for it. but don’t come in here and tell us that our goal is ‘stupid’

grow up.
[/quote]

i agree completely with this post… except for that last part. i never said your goal was stupid. my point was that everyone has their own (different) goals.
i wish you luck with your 365, you seem like you have the drive and the knowledge to get it in no time.

[quote]JimmyC111 wrote:

i agree completely with this post… except for that last part. i never said your goal was stupid. my point was that everyone has their own (different) goals.
i wish you luck with your 365, you seem like you have the drive and the knowledge to get it in no time.[/quote]

when you “x2” the post saying ‘this thread is stupid’, you did.

lol. i plan to hit 365 friday. wish me luck for 405 before december.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
wish me luck for 405 before december.[/quote]

If anyone needs luck, it’s ME, haha.

yeah buzzkill man…okay you think this thread is stupid whatever, but to say…in 10 years we’ll make no gains whatever…haha fuck you…YOU won’t make better gains cause your obviosuly top shit already…that kinda mindset is bad man…you UNDERESTIMATE other people…that’s what that mindset is…don’t underestimate anyone. ever.

Mac, I’m with you on this one. I’ll still be training my muay thai and boxing so it might take me a bit longer, but I definaetly wanna get 405 too…it juts is badass…especailly when asked and your pressing 400+ it’s just good shit and people know your not fuckin around in the gym.

[quote]martyh wrote:
Go inside a college football team’s weight room, there are plenty who can bench over 400 who are under 23.[/quote]

You would be surprised. The SEC is known for some freakish strength but outside of that alot of colleges just focus on training good football players. I hear the Big Ten colleges are satisfied with guys benching just over 300. I’m attempting to walk on at a D1-AA school and one of the Freshmen who worked out with me said I would be going in stronger than 95% of the team. Back to all of us and the chase for 405.

Probably shouldn’t go out of your way to do 405 bodybuilding style. It’s pretty easy to tear your pecs that way (Layne Norton, for example). Powerlifters bench with an arch both to move more weight and to protect their shoulders. So anyway, at least make sure you warm up really well before pushing weight like that with your elbows flared.

405 bench is fucking impressive good luck to everyone on their goals, pics or it didn’t happen lol