Calling All Dudes 23 and Younger

I’ve gone up to 325lbs for one on a flat bench. I’m almost 22 in a month… I could probably hit 405lbs in the next 12 months, but since this you prefer a 6 month thing I won’t be in.

I’ve got ~15 months until 23, and I will do what it takes to be benching around 405 by that time. In the next 6 months though? Not unless my spotter has some seriously strong traps…

As I got older, I got weaker. My best lifts (Bench: 465, Squat: 565) happened in High School. :frowning:

I’m gonna go ahead and bookmark this board. FWIW I have no business posting (21 today with only 265), but this is great motivation. Keep this thread alive!

I’m hittin this shit.
Actually the only reason i HAVENT hit 405 yet is because of my muay thai and boxing.
It’s just too hard to not do muay thai and box, too much fight in me.

Asides from that I’m at 385. If I eat more and gain 10lbs it will be that much easier for me to hit 405, and also I will be able to keep training fighting if I do this because I won’t be worn out from it.
The shoulders are just killed after so much punching so I’ll work more kicks in for the next few months and knee’s…elbows.
My original goal was to hit 405 at 200lbs but I don’t think I care anymore.
If I’m 210 and I hit 405 that’s fine with me too. As long as I can KO anyone at any given moment I’m a happy man. lol

So yeah I’m in here with you Mac…gettin me kinda pumped to get this…4 plates baby.

Tell Prof X that the real lifters are doin it in the basement lol
I NEVER go to the gym…all the guys I know who are strong aren’t in a gym either…they train together…basements n shit.
Basement dwellers.

There are quite a bit of strong teens and guys under 23 that can bench 405…it’s just not in any regular commercial gyms.

One of my buddies who used to come to the gym with me before he switched gyms was doing 365 with great form for one set of 3, and a spot on the third rep, and he is 19. I’m sure he could get 405 with one rep and a spot. I’ll grab a video and chuck it up on YouTube when i convince the lad to try it.

If you are going to make a 405 bench the arbitrary stat where you become a serious lifter, then you’d better include that you are squatting and dl’ing more than 405. Because I know someone will hop on here that can do 405 for one crappy rep, but cant squat 300+

this thread is stupid.

[quote]buzzkill44 wrote:
this thread is stupid. [/quote]

Hey guys, glad to see this thread taking off.

Reason I put a 6 month time limit is just to keep the group small. while a guy doing 275 @ 18 years old may be on track, he wouldn’t fit in with the rest of us that are around the 340-370lb area. Plus I’ll turn 23 by then and will be out of the running anyways (yeah i know i’m selfish)

while X’s statment may of been a bit bold, i think if you ARE going to find a few guys hitting 405 under 23 years old, this would be a good place to find them. Also, recently I’ve noticed the trend to not pay attention to the press, lest you be grouped in the ‘bench press and curls’ workout group.

hopefully this’ll be the motivation needed for a few of us to hit 405.

yes i would prefer you do it ‘bodybuilder style’ i would imagine you could wear a belt, although i personally will not wear one.

no i’m not saying this automatically makes you a good lifer. everyone on here is so quick to jump to the ‘how much do you FUCKING SQUAT?’ bandwagon, it’d be nice to see a bench press thread.

and honestly, when was the last time you saw a guy who can move 405 on the bench that was considered ‘not strong’

good luck to all you guys, let’s try to keep the clutter out of the thread so it can be an enjoyable read over the new few months.

[quote]buzzkill44 wrote:
this thread is stupid. [/quote]

sorry buzzkill, would you prefer a glute raise thread instead?

doushe.

Maybe they’re just doing more functional lifts like bosu ball squats.

just saying this is the second thread calling out the younger crowd. nothing against anyone trying to put up more weight. but chances are half of you won’t go up in weight in the next 10 years

Are you going to post what numbers you get up to the 6 month end?

[quote]buzzkill44 wrote:
just saying this is the second thread calling out the younger crowd. nothing against anyone trying to put up more weight. but chances are half of you won’t go up in weight in the next 10 years[/quote]

LMFAO!! Yeah…okay

[quote]Short Hoss wrote:
Are you going to post what numbers you get up to the 6 month end?[/quote]

def man.

i’ll probably post numbers every time i increase my lift.

not sure how often i should ME, i’m open to suggestions

@ buzzkill - the young guys here pressing 365 now IMO have a shot at tagging 405 in half a year. do you not think so?

Dammn I thought this was going to be another thread to pad my post count.

My bummed AC joint will have no part of this competition. Not that I think someone my height and bone structure would ever come close to a 400 pound BP but yeaa

Can someone make a deadlift thread for young guys?

And NO Mac, I am not flirting with you. Good lord…

buzzkill44 wrote: this thread is stupid.

how is this thread stupid, X challenged and motivated people to get stronger and set goals, isnt that what this site is all about? shut your fuckin mouth you plug