Best Mcdonald's Post Training Meal?

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:

[quote]HaveIronWillLift wrote:

I’m off for an erg. Will continue my defense later.[/quote]

I truly hope you’re not screwing up a rowing machine.[/quote]

I’m not strong enough. I can make it move across the floor without sliders though.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

“Enjoy your overly restrictive lifestyle coupled with your sub-par physique.”

• My lifestyle is not overly restriction. My diet is Spartan because I only put into my body what it needs. Food is essential fuel for the body not something to give your taste buds an orgasm.[/quote]

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

haaaaaaahahahahahahahha

Spartan? Youre the fucking hunchback from 300. You’re a clown. Im done here. This cant be topped. [/quote]

1. I didn’t describe myself as a Spartan but my diet. I used the common expression as opposed to ‘overly restrictive’ which is what the expression means and how you described my diet.

2. I have never seen the ridiculous film 300. The nonces in that film look about as much like Spartans as my dog. Spartans had an average height of 5 foot 3, had long hair, beards with no mustaches and due to their training and diet had physiques ranging from skinny/crossfit to long distance runner.

Contrary to having pecs the size of turkeys they were starved as children to encourage them to learn how to steal without getting caught and lived on a bare subsistence diet as adults. Forced marches of scores of miles followed by immediate engagement with the enemy and an all-day battle didn’t tend to help maintain muscle mass either.

1. I haven’t seen the ‘hunchback from 300’ however I do concede that I suffer rounded shoulders and medial rotation. I’m attempting to correct this problem with posture exercises and deadlifting with an underhand grip. Thank you for your interest.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

“Enjoy your overly restrictive lifestyle coupled with your sub-par physique.”

• My lifestyle is not overly restriction. My diet is Spartan because I only put into my body what it needs. Food is essential fuel for the body not something to give your taste buds an orgasm.[/quote]

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

haaaaaaahahahahahahahha

Spartan? Youre the fucking hunchback from 300. You’re a clown. Im done here. This cant be topped. [/quote]

1. I didn’t describe myself as a Spartan but my diet. I used the common expression as opposed to ‘overly restrictive’ which is what the expression means and how you described my diet.

2. I have never seen the ridiculous film 300. The nonces in that film look about as much like Spartans as my dog. Spartans had an average height of 5 foot 3, had long hair, beards with no mustaches and due to their training and diet had physiques ranging from skinny/crossfit to long distance runner.

Contrary to having pecs the size of turkeys they were starved as children to encourage them to learn how to steal without getting caught and lived on a bare subsistence diet as adults. Forced marches of scores of miles followed by immediate engagement with the enemy and an all-day battle didn’t tend to help maintain muscle mass either.

1. I haven’t seen the ‘hunchback from 300’ however I do concede that I suffer rounded shoulders and medial rotation. I’m attempting to correct this problem with posture exercises and deadlifting with an underhand grip. Thank you for your interest.[/quote]

A new troll-king emerges…

This is why you don’t feed trolls.

If everyone had just ignored his comments, we would still be talking about hamburgers.

Incredible

I’m not strong enough. I can make it move across the floor without sliders though.[/quote]

Strength isn’t an issue when it comes to messing up an erg, it’s moreover a lot of piss poor technique. Moving it across the floor without sliders is a pretty decent indication of piss poor technique.

I’m not strong enough. I can make it move across the floor without sliders though.[/quote]

Strength isn’t an issue when it comes to messing up an erg, it’s moreover a lot of piss poor technique. Moving it across the floor without sliders is a pretty decent indication of piss poor technique.[/quote]

1. How can poor technique damage the erg?

2. My rowing technique is not geared towards actual rowing. I use the machine mostly for HIIT row sprints. I also lock out my legs at the finish to get some VMO activation.

3. Because I’m rowing HIIT style the machine moves forward with the power phase unless I put weight plates on the front of it.

Question 1 is serious. I’m not claiming to know anything about rowing. Just curious as to what you mean. I’ve seen idiots at the gym using rowing machines in all sorts of ridiculous ways but have never seen a D2 damaged by them.

[quote]MODOK wrote:

[quote]MODOK wrote:

[quote]MODOK wrote:

[quote]MODOK wrote:

This has to be a troll. Literally no one is this stupid.

Beef fat is half monounsaturated fat. Observe:

Saturated fatty acids:
Palmitic acid: 26 %
Stearic acid: 14 %
Myristic acid: 3 %
Monounsaturated fatty acids:
Oleic acid: 47 %
Palmitoleic acid: 3 %
Polyunsaturated fatty acids:
Linoleic acid: 3 %
Linolenic acid: 1 %

Look at that… 47% oleic acid. Thats the “awesome” MUFA you are after in your olive and nut oils, isn’t it?[/quote]

1. That’s why I only eat a ‘lean’ cut of beef. I.e. beef with very low levels of fat. And that’s why I eat it only once a week at most.

2. Only 1/4 of the fat content of green olives is MUFA. Also, studies suggest that olives have a wide range of health benefits.

3. ‘Thats(sic) “awesome”’ - Who are you quoting? I never use that word.

Why are you afraid of saturated fat?
[/quote]

I’m not. As I have already made clear however, I want to keep my LDL levels low(at the lower end of the ‘normal’ range). Whilst this discussion has been amusing for me I feel it isn’t going anywhere. My nutritional beliefs aren’t changed by learning who could beat the shit out of me/lift more weight and eat Big Macs at the same time.[/quote]

Why do you want to keep your LDL levels low? Its a very poor indicator of heart disease risk. Unless you are living in 1988. You’ll be much better served reducing your triglycerides and increasing your HDL.
[/quote]

Why are you pretending that a highly controversial issue(the relationship between plasma LDL levels and arterial plaque formation) was resolved in 1988 in your favour? My triglycerides are already low and I AM trying to increase my HDL.[/quote]

MY favor? Am I Cholesterol Claus? I have no interest in which way the science goes, but it isn’t really controversial anymore. You are trying to do something that isn’t practical at all (or natural). Eat more fat ( raise HDL), less carbs ((decrease triglyceride), and take a fucking HMG CoA reductase inhibitor if your scared of big, bad LDL.

Thats the only way your going to pull a rabbit out of your hat. Then when you get your LDL to about 160 or so, you can feel great that you’ve just increased your risk of cancer exponentially. Oh, they didn’t tell you that low LDL is a risk factor for cancer? Oops.
[/quote]

LDL levels are like just about anything else. Too little is bad, too much is bad. This concept is often misunderstood by the medical establishment. For example the ‘stay out of the sun, always wear a hat, sunscreen etc’ bullshit they’ve been pushing for years whilst 80%+ of the population is vit D deficient. As I am sure I’ve alreay said(deja vu), I want to keep my LDL levels at the lower end of the ‘normal range’. 170 is the LOWEST end of the ‘normal range’.

“Oh, they didn’t tell you that low LDL is a risk factor for cancer? Oops.”

• Who is they? I do my own research and trust General Practitioners about as far as I can throw them.

I just ate a pound of hamburger.

If i made them into patties i probably would of made 2 large ones, with cheese on top.

I enjoy beef a lot, and also saturated fats.

Just throwing that out there.

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:
I enjoy beef a lot.

Just throwing that out there.[/quote]

i bet you do muscle lips

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:
I just ate a pound of hamburger.

If i made them into patties i probably would of made 2 large ones, with cheese on top.

I enjoy beef a lot, and also saturated fats.

Just throwing that out there.[/quote]

Did you really get a tattoo of 2 skulls french kissing? Ewwww…

I’ll take that as a compliment Gregron.

Rajraj, yeah it’s not a big deal really…

2. My rowing technique is not geared towards actual rowing. I use the machine mostly for HIIT row sprints. I also lock out my legs at the finish to get some VMO activation.

3. Because I’m rowing HIIT style the machine moves forward with the power phase unless I put weight plates on the front of it.

Question 1 is serious. I’m not claiming to know anything about rowing. Just curious as to what you mean. I’ve seen idiots at the gym using rowing machines in all sorts of ridiculous ways but have never seen a D2 damaged by them.
[/quote]

1. Massive chain whip, lack of connection, and people using fan settings they have no business using result in exponential wear and tear on the erg. Chains break, elasticity bands snap, seats come lose, internal fan structure degrades.
  2. I don’t give a damn if it’s geared towards actual rowing or simple fitness, piss poor technique (99% of people that use it) can contribute and often does contribute to a multitude of back issues and scapula issues. I tell almost everyone to stay off unless they have an actual rower teach them (personal trainers don’t know shit about the machine and teach it wrong all the time).
  3. No, it has nothing to do with you rowing HIIT style, the machine moves forward because you have shitty technique.

I have been a competitive rower at the highest levels in the country, and a coach for many years now. I oversee equipment management for my club as well and am constantly having to fix ergs that we designate to our “Development Squad” (middle school program) because of crappy technique. This isn’t something that is learned easily or quickly. I’ve got seniors in high school that still erg like crap because they just don’t get it, it is extremely technical.

For more information see this thread where I go into lots of depth about technique, physiological and psychological aspects of training with an erg, and a multitude of other tid bits of information about the erg and the sport of rowing.

Meanwhile… back to the thread’s true meaning…

I had my other favorite fast food meal today because I forgot to pack the grilled chicken breast and the green beans…

A plain baked potato and a chili from Wendy’s…

[/quote]

1. Massive chain whip, lack of connection, and people using fan settings they have no business using result in exponential wear and tear on the erg. Chains break, elasticity bands snap, seats come lose, internal fan structure degrades.
  2. I don’t give a damn if it’s geared towards actual rowing or simple fitness, piss poor technique (99% of people that use it) can contribute and often does contribute to a multitude of back issues and scapula issues. I tell almost everyone to stay off unless they have an actual rower teach them (personal trainers don’t know shit about the machine and teach it wrong all the time).
  3. No, it has nothing to do with you rowing HIIT style, the machine moves forward because you have shitty technique.

I have been a competitive rower at the highest levels in the country, and a coach for many years now. I oversee equipment management for my club as well and am constantly having to fix ergs that we designate to our “Development Squad” (middle school program) because of crappy technique. This isn’t something that is learned easily or quickly. I’ve got seniors in high school that still erg like crap because they just don’t get it, it is extremely technical.

For more information see this thread where I go into lots of depth about technique, physiological and psychological aspects of training with an erg, and a multitude of other tid bits of information about the erg and the sport of rowing.

Thanks for the info. I will read the thread. Sounds like I have a lot to learn. Perhaps I will upload a video of my stroke when I have the time and you can advise. I actually row two different ways BTW:

1. I attempt to row with good form at a moderate pace. One of my form guides was a series of youtube videos on basic rowing technique by Anna-Marie de Zwager.

2. HIIT style explosively driving with my legs from the catch and then returning to catch from finish much quicker than I would when practicing good form. This is when the erg moves. I imagine from what you’ve said that this is not good.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
This is why you don’t feed trolls.

If everyone had just ignored his comments, we would still be talking about hamburgers.[/quote]

I just knocked down a couple of triple stackers! I couldn’t wait to come home and cook some burger…shit happens!

[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I will read the thread. Sounds like I have a lot to learn. Perhaps I will upload a video of my stroke when I have the time and you can advise. I actually row two different ways BTW:

1. I attempt to row with good form at a moderate pace. One of my form guides was a series of youtube videos on basic rowing technique by Anna-Marie de Zwager.

2. HIIT style explosively driving with my legs from the catch and then returning to catch from finish much quicker than I would when practicing good form. This is when the erg moves. I imagine from what you’ve said that this is not good.[/quote]

Anna Marie does decent videos, I’m not a huge fan how she explains some things but I’ve seen a lot worse for sure. Stop doing your HIIT style rowing. It’s not effective not efficient and hard on the machine. You want to maximize your recovery time and minimize your drive time (i.e. more rest, more wattage on the drive). Read through that thread, it’s a good read and I analyze a few peoples form in there via video as well as a litany of other information about actual training on the erg and how to best use it for fitness purposes.

[quote]2busy wrote:

I had my other favorite fast food meal today because I forgot to pack the grilled chicken breast and the green beans…

[/quote]

This thread is about the Golden Arches! Get that Wendy’s talk out of here Mr. Flattop.

On a more serious note, I entered this thread expecting to see picture of burgers but instead find a crazy kid attempting to rip apart a rowing machine.

Oh how I love the internets.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]2busy wrote:

[/quote]

This thread is about the Golden Arches! Get that Wendy’s talk out of here Mr. Flattop.

On a more serious note, I entered this thread expecting to see picture of burgers but instead find a crazy kid attempting to rip apart a rowing machine.

Oh how I love the internets.[/quote]

LOL, they were talking about all sorts of other burger places, Smash Burger, 5 Guys. I felt that opened it up for the competition.

Speaking of other places… any one ever try RockStar Burgers? The sweet potato fries are great with a burger!

[quote]MODOK wrote:
What toppings are absolute necessities? Which ones can you do without?

Mine are:

Necessity: CHEESE, Mayo, onion, lettuce tomato and sometimes ketchup ( Whopper and White Castle/Krystal)

Live without: pickles, mustard[/quote]

I’m good with tomatoes, lettuce, ketchup and mayo on a burger. I’ll still enjoy all the other stuff if it’s put on but those are the must haves.