Best Mcdonald's Post Training Meal?

This thread is a piece of shit.

No one has mentioned Smashburger yet??!?!! That stuff is better than Five Guys, McDs, In and Out, Good Times, Wendy’s, BK, or even whateverthefuck that have iron guy advocates!

I would have sex with those burgers.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I don’t get the hype around McDonald’s.

To me it plain fucking sucks. You only go there if you are poor.[/quote]

7 of us went to McDonald’s on Sunday after a weekend of partying in Atlantic City. The big macs and chicken nuggets were delicious. So was the McFlurry I had. Everyone one us make between 80K to 120K each.[/quote]

You’re right. You only go there if you are poor and/or have bad taste in fast food.

:slight_smile:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I don’t get the hype around McDonald’s.

To me it plain fucking sucks. You only go there if you are poor.[/quote]

7 of us went to McDonald’s on Sunday after a weekend of partying in Atlantic City. The big macs and chicken nuggets were delicious. So was the McFlurry I had. Everyone one us make between 80K to 120K each.[/quote]

You’re right. You only go there if you are poor and/or have bad taste in fast food.

:)[/quote]

Haha. If you didn’t admit you liked Subway subs earlier, I might have given the above statement some thought.

[quote]HaveIronWillLift wrote:

“Enjoy your overly restrictive lifestyle coupled with your sub-par physique.”

• My lifestyle is not overly restriction. My diet is Spartan because I only put into my body what it needs. Food is essential fuel for the body not something to give your taste buds an orgasm.[/quote]

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

haaaaaaahahahahahahahha

Spartan? Youre the fucking hunchback from 300. You’re a clown. Im done here. This cant be topped.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
No candida here. Do you really think the occasional burger is going to give someone candida? Again you seem to think that your goals aren’t reachable with the enjoyment of the simple fast food meal on occasion. Since you haven’t come close to reaching your goals maybe try this route. Who knows maybe it’ll even work for you. I can be stronger, faster, more agile, and more capable while still enjoying an occasional burger from a fast food joint. I also find it ironic that you claim you’re here for the same reasons that powerlifters are in search of strength, yet powerlifters are notorious for having terrible diets (this one excluded).[/quote]

I don’t see how eating McDonalds/fast food occasionally will help me with my goals. It would take months of making myself sick and forcing down something that tastes and smells aweful to train my mind to accept then like it.

I’m not a powerlifter(obviously), although I do incorporate low rep lifting into my training week. I said I imagine I’m here for the same reasons they are, i.e. to learn about and discuss strength training and strength training lifestyle.

I continually get comments about my ‘sub-par physique’ for some reason. My measurement of strength training results relate to how much weight I can lift and how many times. An unusual approach perhaps.[/quote]

Holy shit. I completely forgot that youre the complete jackass that was giving advice in the begginers forum a few weeks ago. I dont believe I spent time arguing with someone who’s been lifting for 3 months.

We’re talking about calories, right?

[quote]EasyRhino wrote:

We’re talking about calories, right?[/quote]

I’m probably the least fat guy in the group so it’s possible lol

Five Guys is awesome here in Tuscaloosa. I haven’t had them anywhere else. I’m not a fan of McDonald’s usually, unless I really feel like having it for no reason really. Then I don’t feel good after it. Wendy’s and BK are the best fast food burgers IMO. Chick-Fil-A is my favorite fast food though. It can get expensive though.

HaveIronWillLift: You are quite literally the most stubborn person I’ve seen on this site. It’s cute that you throw up your cholesterol numbers and say, “I’ve always had low cholesterol” and then claim that it’s because you don’t like junk food. You realize that cholesterol numbers are largely genetic right? No, potatoes, pasta, and bread aren’t that great for you either. Sorry to tell you. But people will still eat them for the calories and taste. Kind of like fast food. You think you are smarter than you are, by the way. So stop calling people 12 year-olds when they’re clearly in much better shape than you. I’m sure Modok could rip you in half, despite your Jujitsu/survival training and your Spartan diet.

I’m a powerlifter, so you can’t claim that all I want to do is shave myself. I eat poorly rarely because I am in college/I’m poor, and sometimes I just fucking want to eat something bad for me. Since I’m an adult and understand that I won’t just keep going back like an addict, I don’t feel bad. And no, I won’t respond to anything you say, because I already know what you’ll say. So don’t bother.

“Do you avoid eggs because of those “disgusting” saturated fats (of which around 30% of the fat is saturated)?”

No, just the yokes. They go to my dog.

“Do you avoid milk?”

• Absolutely

Beef?

“I eat a nice grass-fed hormone free steak about once a week”

Nuts?

“Almonds. They have about 9 times as much mono/poly fats as saturated. Also, none of these things contain hydrolysised fats which much junk food still does”

Heck even OATS have saturated fats in them…you gonna avoid them too?

A serve of oats contains 28 grams of carbs, 6 grams of protein and 0.7 grams of saturated fats. No, I don’t avoid oats.

“It really makes me sick this non-sense propaganda from the “health” media. It’s as backwards as the low fat phase people have been on for decades”

I think you’re confused. The media and medical establishment still promote the five foods pyramid with carbs at the bottom, followed by fruit/veges and protein second from the top. The media also continually raves about the latest ridiculous diet fad that celebrities have lost weight on, like the Atkins diet, or the 'lose 2 dress sizes in a month and still eat burgers" diet. I eat a Paleo/caveman style diet which I have NEVER seen or heard about in the media.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

What I DO assert is that regularly eating starchy white bread/buns and lots of fructose will encourage candida to colonise your gut/tongue.

[/quote]

Didn’t you suggest eating a steak with potatoes and bread instead, though? Wouldnt that bread be starchy/white/full of fructose? [/quote]

Not if it were up to me. It would be pumperknickel or dark rye/wholegrain. Also, different potato types have different levels of starch. And no, 150 grams of potato has 0.5 grams of sugar and 13.8 grams of carbs(which can only break down to glucose). Take a look at how much fructose is in a large soda or a sundae from your favourite ‘post workout’ junk food place.

The media and medical establishment still promote the five foods pyramid with carbs at the bottom, followed by fruit/veges and protein second from the top. [/quote]
You’re not 100% retarded, I’ll give you that, but you’re not up to date either. The “new” food pyramid came out 6 years ago, with no group on the “bottom”.

Carry on with your infinite wisdom and the bashing of those you don’t understand.

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:

“You are the most stubborn person”

• You obviously missed the occasions when I have apologised, conceded defeat and agreed with the person I was arguing with. If you look at my hub you will see the moto I live by. If I believe I have been shown that the position I hold is wrong I will retract it.

“You realize that cholesterol numbers are largely genetic right?”

• Yes. My brother’s are through the roof, my father had to continually monitor his levels and the Doc wanted to put him on statins, my mother’s are very high and my grandfather died of massive heart attack due to arterial plaque formation(comprising white blood cells soaked with LDL.)

“No, potatoes, pasta, and bread aren’t that great for you either.”

• No shit. That’s why I turned into a lard arse and why I now don’t EVER eat any poatato, pasta and a maximum of two dry pieces of pumperknickel/rye/dark wholemeal a day. My point was that I wasn’t one of those lard arses who lives on fructose, saturated fats and simple carbs.

“You think you are smarter than you are, by the way”

• You know what I think?

“So stop calling people 12 year-olds when they’re clearly in much better shape than you.”

• Um…why?

“I’m sure Modok could rip you in half, despite your Jujitsu/survival training and your Spartan diet”

• Quite possibly. Your point?

“I’m a powerlifter, so you can’t claim that all I want to do is shave myself. I eat poorly rarely because I am in college/I’m poor, and sometimes I just fucking want to eat something bad for me. Since I’m an adult and understand that I won’t just keep going back like an addict, I don’t feel bad. And no, I won’t respond to anything you say, because I already know what you’ll say. So don’t bother.”

• Glad to hear it. I apologise for all of my shortcomings. All the best.

[quote]MODOK wrote:

This has to be a troll. Literally no one is this stupid.

Beef fat is half monounsaturated fat. Observe:

Saturated fatty acids:
Palmitic acid: 26 %
Stearic acid: 14 %
Myristic acid: 3 %
Monounsaturated fatty acids:
Oleic acid: 47 %
Palmitoleic acid: 3 %
Polyunsaturated fatty acids:
Linoleic acid: 3 %
Linolenic acid: 1 %

Look at that… 47% oleic acid. Thats the “awesome” MUFA you are after in your olive and nut oils, isn’t it?[/quote]

1. That’s why I only eat a ‘lean’ cut of beef. I.e. beef with very low levels of fat. And that’s why I eat it only once a week at most.

2. Only 1/4 of the fat content of green olives is MUFA. Also, studies suggest that olives have a wide range of health benefits.

3. ‘Thats(sic) “awesome”’ - Who are you quoting? I never use that word.

I’m off for an erg. Will continue my defense later.

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

The media and medical establishment still promote the five foods pyramid with carbs at the bottom, followed by fruit/veges and protein second from the top. [/quote]
You’re not 100% retarded, I’ll give you that, but you’re not up to date either. The “new” food pyramid came out 6 years ago, with no group on the “bottom”.

Carry on with your infinite wisdom and the bashing of those you don’t understand.

[/quote]

I concede I was mistaken. The new food pyramid that you have drawn to my attention, and that my Doc has also missed seems meaningless as opposed to wrong. Thank you for correcting me here.

BURGERS are God’s gift to man…they must be enjoyed !

I’ve got to check my eye prescription, the new food pyramid looks like it’s dominated by groins.

I’m off for an erg. Will continue my defense later.[/quote]

I truly hope you’re not screwing up a rowing machine.

[quote]EasyRhino wrote:
I’ve got to check my eye prescription, the new food pyramid looks like it’s dominated by groins.[/quote]

Yes. Penis meat is the new fad from the USDA…but make sure its grass fed.

[quote]MODOK wrote:

[quote]MODOK wrote:

Saturated fatty acids:

Look at that… 47% oleic acid. Thats the “awesome” MUFA you are after in your olive and nut oils, isn’t it?[/quote]

1. That’s why I only eat a ‘lean’ cut of beef. I.e. beef with very low levels of fat. And that’s why I eat it only once a week at most.

2. Only 1/4 of the fat content of green olives is MUFA. Also, studies suggest that olives have a wide range of health benefits.

Why are you afraid of saturated fat?
[/quote]

I’m not. As I have already made clear however, I want to keep my LDL levels low(at the lower end of the ‘normal’ range). Whilst this discussion has been amusing for me I feel it isn’t going anywhere. My nutritional beliefs aren’t changed by learning who could beat the shit out of me/lift more weight and eat Big Macs at the same time.

[quote]MODOK wrote:

[quote]MODOK wrote:

[quote]MODOK wrote:

Saturated fatty acids:

Why are you afraid of saturated fat?
[/quote]

I’m not. As I have already made clear however, I want to keep my LDL levels low(at the lower end of the ‘normal’ range). Whilst this discussion has been amusing for me I feel it isn’t going anywhere. My nutritional beliefs aren’t changed by learning who could beat the shit out of me/lift more weight and eat Big Macs at the same time.[/quote]

Why do you want to keep your LDL levels low? Its a very poor indicator of heart disease risk. Unless you are living in 1988. You’ll be much better served reducing your triglycerides and increasing your HDL.
[/quote]

Why are you pretending that a highly controversial issue(the relationship between plasma LDL levels and arterial plaque formation) was resolved in 1988 in your favour? My triglycerides are already low and I AM trying to increase my HDL.