18 Inch Arms 2

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
Austin do you honestly regret getting as fat as you did in the beginning, just so you could claim 18 inch arms? [/quote]

I regret nothing. I don’t recommend it though.

It did teach me a lot about the importance of a proper diet.

Plus I got good before/after pics to advertise my diet/training services with, ha.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

The definition is really starting to come in now. Gonna look crazy in a month or so. Whats the rate at which you have been losing fat the last couple months?[/quote]

Give or take 2 pounds a week maybe a little more. I think I’ve 16 pounds in 6 weeks.

Just a few more to go. I’m fucking starving and eating a little extra every few days and taking some cals out to adjust for that on off days.

I can’t imagine how much I used to eat if I’m so hungry off 3000-3200 cals in a day.
[/quote]

I hear ya, im dieting at 3200-3700 cals a day, and its definitely not as much as id like to eat, but its tolerable. [/quote]

Yea it’s tolerable. I just need to keep remembering to save a big meal right before bed. If I don’t I’m fucked cause I can’t sleep hungry…I can stay awake and function hungry occupying my mind with other stuff, but to sleep ahhhh no good. Twice I’ve gotten out of bed and ate another meal when I shouldn’t have.

We’re eventually totally going to need to have a face-off between austin_bicep and 2020Wellness in some sort of “Self-Promotional Throwdown.”

I feel like 2020 has the lead right now because he, you know, tosses out creative pictures and whatnot. Gotta step up your game, austin!

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
We’re eventually totally going to need to have a face-off between austin_bicep and 2020Wellness in some sort of “Self-Promotional Throwdown.”

I feel like 2020 has the lead right now because he, you know, tosses out creative pictures and whatnot. Gotta step up your game, austin![/quote]

Haha I don’t even know who the other poster is.

Actually if we look at it like this…I pre-fatigue the shit out of my delts before hitting a compound.[/quote]

Hey Austin, just a question in relation to that. Would you train that way from the start if your goal was physique related?Do you train any other muscle groups in the same manner? Great progress btw man.

[quote]law8 wrote:

Actually if we look at it like this…I pre-fatigue the shit out of my delts before hitting a compound.[/quote]

Hey Austin, just a question in relation to that. Would you train that way from the start if your goal was physique related?Do you train any other muscle groups in the same manner? Great progress btw man.[/quote]

Thanks man.

Actually, no I would not.

I think I am in a very good place since I built up a big base of strength before I transitioned into the higher rep, train the muscle and for a pump type training.

If you can’t lift a whole lot already, lightening the load and getting fancy with it won’t get you too far.

My suggestion is build some respectable numbers on the compound lifts. Still use bodybuilding rep ranges 6 at the lowest. You don’t need a lot of triples and singles and what have you.

Take the time to build those lifts and then transition over. This is a lifestyle and it’s a marathon. It takes time but your efforts will be rewarded.

I am far from complete and I’ve been doing this for years, it’s worth it though.

Once I am adding calories back into my diet I will begin training heavier on the compounds. Right now strength is dropping just a bit, I still train heavy, but the detail has been coming in a little bit better with the high reps and pump.

[quote]law8 wrote:

Hey Austin, just a question in relation to that. Would you train that way from the start if your goal was physique related?Do you train any other muscle groups in the same manner? Great progress btw man.[/quote]

Thanks man.

I think I am in a very good place since I built up a big base of strength before I transitioned into the higher rep, train the muscle and for a pump type training.

If you can’t lift a whole lot already, lightening the load and getting fancy with it won’t get you too far.

My suggestion is build some respectable numbers on the compound lifts. Still use bodybuilding rep ranges 6 at the lowest. You don’t need a lot of triples and singles and what have you.

Take the time to build those lifts and then transition over. This is a lifestyle and it’s a marathon. It takes time but your efforts will be rewarded.

I am far from complete and I’ve been doing this for years, it’s worth it though.

[/quote]

Cool thanks for clearing that up for me dude.

[quote]law8 wrote:

[quote]law8 wrote:

Thanks man.

[/quote]

Cool thanks for clearing that up for me dude.
[/quote]

No doubt man lmk if you need help with anything else

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
Austin do you honestly regret getting as fat as you did in the beginning, just so you could claim 18 inch arms? [/quote]

Plus I got good before/after pics to advertise my diet/training services with, ha.[/quote]

haha fair enough then.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

Plus I got good before/after pics to advertise my diet/training services with, ha.[/quote]

haha fair enough then.[/quote]

If I did have the opportunity to do it over, I would have cut harder initially.

I just did not have the mentality back then that I do now.

I was too afraid of losing muscle and this and that. Afraid of stuff that was stupid.

Anyways, can’t complain I am very happy where I am currently, and progress is a weekly thing. So life is good.

Austin, you should be damn proud of yourself!

Good video (best delivery yet) and good tips.

I definitely prefer having less meals than having to eat six small meals a day or something.

Even though it’s more satisfying for me to fast throughout most of the day and then eat 2 or 3 big meals (while keeping Cals the same), I think it’s also probably easier for me to get more calories down this way than with more meals, which seems kind of weird.

Looking jacked.

Don’t know if it has been posted but what does your diet look like now.

Bump. back up to 18 inches today with a massive pump. This time with much better condition.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Bump. back up to 18 inches today with a massive pump. This time with much better condition.[/quote]

I’m rolling on 17s with no pump and a flex. I only hit 18s with a moderate pump. It’s going to take forever or never to hit 18s without a pump…

I hear ya, im dieting at 3200-3700 cals a day, and its definitely not as much as id like to eat, but its tolerable. [/quote]

Yea it’s tolerable. I just need to keep remembering to save a big meal right before bed. If I don’t I’m fucked cause I can’t sleep hungry…I can stay awake and function hungry occupying my mind with other stuff, but to sleep ahhhh no good. Twice I’ve gotten out of bed and ate another meal when I shouldn’t have.
[/quote]

Don’t tell me about it. First time cutting in 15yrs and a few weeks back I couldn’t sleep due to being hungry!

6 weeks of dieting will be tomorrow.

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

I’m rolling on 17s with no pump and a flex. I only hit 18s with a moderate pump. It’s going to take forever or never to hit 18s without a pump…
[/quote]

Aren’t you an O-lifting guy? I thought they tried to purposefully keep their arms small. =0)

Rolling on 22’s

Inspirational stuff. Personal goal is also 18 inch arms while sub 10% bf. currently lagging way back at 16" cold but tense at 7-8%. (Note avi is 2 yrs old)

[quote]Bauber wrote:
Rolling on 22’s[/quote]

Ya I’ve seen your posts. FREAK! LOL
FYI 17" here. :frowning: