12 Month Progress, 17 Years Old

[quote]wfifer wrote:
Yeah, the edge of that arm looks strange. Photoshop! …nah, I’m kidding. It looks like you made some good, reasonable progress. Just get going on the legs. [/quote]

hahha, did u photoshop that pic??

What exactly is your knee problem? Is this self-diagnosed? Or have you been seen by certified medical staff? It is highly unlikely that your knee will “dislocate” by putting more weight on the bar during squats.

And unless you’ve had a specific traumatic incident which injured your knee, if there is any kind of popping, it is most likely something that can be fixed very easily with some mobility work and strengthening of proper muscles around the knee joint.

-LH

[quote]vunguyen wrote:
i agree that my legs are unimpressive…i have a knee problem that is stopping me from pushing my limits. I know that this is not an excuse, but i’ll try to get it check. My parents are just too stubborn. They say just stop lifting and u wouldn’t have the knee problem…[/quote]

You don’t look like you weigh 120, i’m 124, 5’3, and you look bigger than me. I guess my legs add a lot more.

That’s good progress right there.That looks like he added it all without any fat gains.I would just keep bulking.

[quote]double1 wrote:
n3wb wrote:
DF85 wrote:
so much negativity on this site, is it so hard to say good job.

man I wish I was built like that at 17 years old.

Most people who actualy lift are built like him or better.

Lift for a year or two cut down to 6 percent bodyfat get a tan and get the perfect camera angle and there you go.

You don’t. I don’t know what crawled up your ass, but you came into this thread acting like a jerk.

[/quote]

I asked him three questions he answered one and ignored the others. So I thought I would save every one some time and effort and type his answer him.

BooHoo

I have the same shit as you man (with the knee). I’ve like always had it I think? I don’t even know…but it could’ve been because of fighting and squatting real dumb when I first started. But yeah I’m the same age as you, is it when you go like deep down, your like the outer part of your knee (the side of it) like pops in and out, and kinda makes a noise too.

If so I have the same thing. Although it is kinda scary and I have knee pain on and off I still squat. I’m actually seriosuly thinking of going somewhere to get it checked. I’ve squatted 440 and stuff, and I’ve been fine. When I approach 475 though I really do not want my knee just like caving in or some shit. Hit me back.

Maybe you should try some knee wraps, see if that helps.

[quote]TheSofaKing wrote:
Blongo wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
I know this sounds silly, but something about the pic doesn’t look right, like it’s been photoshopped and/or superimposed onto a different background.

the right arm right? outline looks weird but to the OP i’m not discrediting you

Right forearm is the same size as his waist? Why not discredit?[/quote]

Yeah, that is pretty fucking gnarly. He needs an anchor tattooed on that bad boy.

[quote]n3wb wrote:
double1 wrote:
n3wb wrote:
DF85 wrote:

Lift for a year or two cut down to 6 percent bodyfat get a tan and get the perfect camera angle and there you go.

You don’t. I don’t know what crawled up your ass, but you came into this thread acting like a jerk.

I asked him three questions he answered one and ignored the others. So I thought I would save every one some time and effort and type his answer him.

BooHoo[/quote]

You were being an ass, get over it. But before you go talking about how most people that lift are built like him or better, and attributing his progress purely to lighting and camera angle…

Well, let’s just say, people that live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

why dont you take a picture from just a regular angle instead of all this twisting ?

–JB

[quote]vunguyen wrote:
it’s not photoshopped!! It’s the angles… my arm is closer to the camera than the rest of my body so it is bigger. Not much i can do to prove it, but believe what you want…i have no reason to lie.[/quote]

Oh, we believe you, Vu.

In the business, we call this the Myspace Angle.

Also known as forced perspective, it’s how they made Gandalf look twice as tall as Frodo in Lord of the Rings.

Regardless, your right arm does look a little more developed than your left, so you might throw in a few extra sets of left-arm-only dumbbell curls, triceps extensions, side raises, presses, and incline presses. Yes, you heard right. One-arm incline presses.

You might also try doing some one-legged work to train around the bum knee.

Pick up a copy of Pavel Tsatsouline’s Naked Warrior if you haven’t already: that will tell you all you need to know about single-limb training.

All in all, impressive progress for your age and time training. Now that you have all the “mirror muscles” taken care of, time to go to work on the others. Like your back and legs.

He seems to be doing alright. If you read the thread from bb.com that was posted here earlier, he started at 93 lbs. Thats a 30 lb weight gain over the course of a year with little to no fat accumulation.

Hit your legs and your back as hard as you can, the amount of weight youll be able to gain by hitting those areas hard will astound you.

All in all, good work, keep working hard and dont neglect any muscle group in your training.

[quote]vunguyen wrote:
wfifer wrote:
Yeah, the edge of that arm looks strange. Photoshop! …nah, I’m kidding. It looks like you made some good, reasonable progress. Just get going on the legs.

hahha, did u photoshop that pic??[/quote]

I was going to make it more ridiculous, but I had to catch a train. In a year, take another shot at that angle and see how your arm compares to my “chopped” version.

[quote]double1 wrote:
n3wb wrote:
double1 wrote:
n3wb wrote:
DF85 wrote:

BooHoo

You were being an ass, get over it.[/quote]

Your the one who had a fit[quote]

attributing his progress purely to lighting and camera angle…[/quote]

Idiot I did no such thing[quote]

Well, let’s just say, people that live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.
[/quote]

You used this in the wrong circumstance.

[quote]GribGrob wrote:
It wouldn’t surprise me if this guy had as much muscle in his upper body as you do, even though you are no doubt taller than he is.[/quote]

Wow way to end a stupid post…

I actualy had a big long psot typed but my internet went out and I couldnt post it.

Lets just agree that point of view on this situation is both unwanted and wrong.

what are your body measurements this should solve if your bigger then you look or not.

nice work mate, im only 17 and been working out for 6 month now, im 6ft 2" and looked the same skinnyness as you, i haven’t made much progress but for 2hours monday-thursday in 6month i think ive done pretty well, iv’e only just started on my legs about 2 week ago, also i dont go to the gym, all done in my bedroom, im really concious of my skinny body so i dont go to the gym :(.

Amazing work

[quote]the_DTP wrote:
nice work mate, im only 17 and been working out for 6 month now, im 6ft 2" and looked the same skinnyness as you, i haven’t made much progress but for 2hours monday-thursday in 6month i think ive done pretty well, iv’e only just started on my legs about 2 week ago, also i dont go to the gym, all done in my bedroom, im really concious of my skinny body so i dont go to the gym :(.

Amazing work[/quote]

think of how fat people feel going to the gym. i’ve already given my reasons for not going to a gym, but if you can i’d recommend it unless you have one hell of a room

This is exactly what I figured this forum would turn into. People post reasonable physiques and get torn apart for the “angle”.

Those of you giving this guy a hard time are bunch of whiny bitches.

Jesus.

it looks like you’ve put on a lot of muscle in a fairly short time, and still maintaining a really small waist. Great job!
Paul