Zack Khan - Injured Man Walking

Awesome BBB. Most people aren’t going to understand the numbers on the GH (I know I don’t), I’m not sure I’d post anything that could get someone in legal trouble, or get you in trouble with him (unless he doesn’t care about disclosure of something like that).

It’s really awesome that you get to meet him and help him through this time in his career.
I’ll def. be watching this thread. It’s great of you to help him for free as well.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Made it up to see the big man today. I say ‘big man’ but of course that’s a massive understatement. Even having not trained and not ‘lived the lifestlye’ so to speak, for 3 months really, he’s just a beast - STILL!

Christ, to be holding that amount of muscle and condition, is just mind boggling. It REALLY brings home the criticality of genetics in BBing and once again confirms that without them, you can’t even begin to win big in BBing.

Not to be negative at all, but it also brings home that there is no PED protocol in the world that would turn me into him. It’s just daft to even think so.

Anyway, all that aside, it was a productive trip. Got to do a brief visual exam and muscle test of the non-cast leg, with a view to starting properly in the New Year, once the cast is off.

Zack has access to an NHS physio, but it sounds like the poor physio has never worked with athletes or BBers, haha, so we can certainly improve his physical therapy routine, right off the bat - caution being the watchword of course.

He’s an intelligent guy (qualifications in computing amongst other things) and it won’t be a chore working with him, that’s for sure.

I’m excited to see what we can do for his recovery. I’m certainly not too proud to seek external help, so I will be contacting various professors, lecturers and coaches to pick their brains on any aspect of health & performance that is relevant. That way I can learn from the best but apply my own touches and twists, whilst helping the British Champ for nowt.

Bring. It. On!

BBB[/quote]

This is seriously cool that your helping him out bb!

Great stuff BBB, says a lot that you’re helping the big guy out for free. You seem to have an insane amount of qualifications mate!

I don’t mean to be out of line in asking this as it isn’t strictly relevant to the thread, but which rugby team did you work with?

All the best

I wish a speedy recovery for Zack. BBB it’s awesome that you’re helping him out.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]morepain wrote:
I wish him a full recovery but younger guys should pay close attention to this

DO NOT wrap your future around bodybuilding…there are a small handful of guys (even those who are pros) that are able to squeak out a meager living at it. One physical injury unresolved and YOUR DONE. Like X said watch how quickly people forget these guys when they get hurt. Its really a sad sport if you can even call it that. [/quote]

Agreed.

For instance, Sylvio Samuel has better potential than ANYONE I have seen on this board…but one year of financial hard times and not competing and you don’t see his name ANYWHERE. I doubt most of these guys even remember him…and he was touted as being one of the faces that will change the aesthetics in bodybuilding.[/quote]

Pic for reference:[/quote]

Pretty sure Sylvio had some health problems as well, he looked pretty small compared to the above picture in the last recent pic I saw of him, which was expected. Too bad.

Once again BBB proving just how awesome he is. Truly an asset to the sport, and this site.

[/quote]

I’d pm you but my pm’s are turned off (and don’t work when I turn them on anyway)… So is there some e-mail address to reach you by which you could post here (or pm to bugeisha or josh or so, so they can mail it to me in turn)?

I apparently can’t post my e-mail openly here for some reason either…

Reason for the question is that occasionally people from here (Germany) contact me about their little training-related ailments…
A buddy just now told me about a guy who has pretty much every common weight-lifting related injury you can think of, and then some… He doesn’t live anywhere close to my neck of the woods and I’d rather send him to a professional anyway… Plus it sounds like he’s badly in need of some ART therapy and general education on the whole injury prevention subject.

Now I honestly don’t know anyone really qualified over here… Lots of the usual “erm, stop training, it’s bad, k?” kind of guys of course, but those don’t help matters any.

So if you know anyone over here who’s worth a damn when it comes to fixing this sort of situation (everything from extremely tight forearms, spinal issues to sleep related things it seems… I did not speak with the person in question directly though, as I said) and could give me a contact address/number or anything, that would be great…

Otherwise, if you yourself would be willing/have the time to help out (I have no idea about the guy’s financial situation or anything, but I can ask of course… I did ask my contact whether the dude is capable of speaking English, and apparently some woman who was there at the gym training with the guy and is probably his wife or something can…), just give me some way to get in contact with you.

Thanks in advance. Good luck with Zack, I hope you can get him back on track…

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[/quote]

I’d pm you but my pm’s are turned off (and don’t work when I turn them on anyway)… So is there some e-mail address to reach you by which you could post here (or pm to bugeisha or josh or so, so they can mail it to me in turn)?

I apparently can’t post my e-mail openly here for some reason either…

Reason for the question is that occasionally people from here (Germany) contact me about their little training-related ailments…
A buddy just now told me about a guy who has pretty much every common weight-lifting related injury you can think of, and then some… He doesn’t live anywhere close to my neck of the woods and I’d rather send him to a professional anyway… Plus it sounds like he’s badly in need of some ART therapy and general education on the whole injury prevention subject.

Now I honestly don’t know anyone really qualified over here… Lots of the usual “erm, stop training, it’s bad, k?” kind of guys of course, but those don’t help matters any.

So if you know anyone over here who’s worth a damn when it comes to fixing this sort of situation (everything from extremely tight forearms, spinal issues to sleep related things it seems… I did not speak with the person in question directly though, as I said) and could give me a contact address/number or anything, that would be great…

Otherwise, if you yourself would be willing/have the time to help out (I have no idea about the guy’s financial situation or anything, but I can ask of course… I did ask my contact whether the dude is capable of speaking English, and apparently some woman who was there at the gym training with the guy and is probably his wife or something can…), just give me some way to get in contact with you.

Thanks in advance. Good luck with Zack, I hope you can get him back on track…
[/quote]
Thanks mate.

Unfortunately I know of no-one in Germany at all - except a girl I once made sexytime with, whilst travelling around Australia :wink:

Honestly, the idea of trying to sort out a guy with multiple issues, over the internet, via a translator, fills me with dread.

I would have to put in a LOT of keyboards time, disproportionate to the possible results achived IMO.

I would happliy give you my email, but it sounds like a bit of a faff, what with both our PMs turned off. However if you still want it, I can try and get it to you.

BBB[/quote]

Yeah, not an ideal situation huh… I’m still amazed that there are people below the retirement age in Germany today who are incapable of speaking English fluently or at all.

That reminds me though… Fatty had/has quite a few injuries, maybe he knows someone.

I’ll see if I can put my e-mail in the “info” section of my profile. I remember some people doing that, I believe.
Fortunately the one who alerted me to the situation has some experience with this stuff as well… Maybe we can get a decent diagnosis going, though with some of the possibly interconnected issues I’m not thrilled by the idea of doing this without a professional looking at the guy directly.

Tough one, C_C, beware of wall of text:

I’ve spent/wasted quite some time trying to find people in the health racket who actually gave a fuck and wanted to help. Actually, I can only come up with ONE professional who’s about 280 km from my neck of the woods. The guy has it all: he’s an orthopedist, sports physicist, manual therapist, chiropractic and trains himself. No bb by any means, but in shape and - wait for it - is all about getting you back in the game ASAP, no matter if you’re a marathon runner or like to lift heavy.

Here’s my take on NON-SURGERY related stuff:

Whilst recovering and in treatment, I’d actually asked him for solutions / exercise variations to work around my injuries. Instead of spouting the usual ‘rest, do some biking’ nonsense, he actually closed his eyes, asked me what exercises were at my disposal, asked me to show him those exercises he didn’t know by name/experience and, on the fly, figured out some variations based on them. He did that by closing his eyes and going through the motions, so he really seemed to be figuring stuff out based on his anatomical knowledge and my specific requirements.

Mind you: he’s so good that I had no problems driving there once a week (that’s more than 500 km round trip, each time), ponying up the cash (he’s only available to private patients) and getting the shit done. He took his time assessing my situation and for ONCE in my life I was taken seriously by a medical professional. Every tidbid of info I provided was taken into account. Everytime he disagreed with me, he explained why. And he got me back on track. After I had consulted 5 docs in a timespan of 9-10 months.

Before I’d found him, I was desperate enough to learn (about) the important stuff myself, i.e.

• trigger point therapy
  • prolotherapy
  • human anatomy
  • cryo / heat stuff
  • supplementation

So, based on the above and since I can’t always afford to get such a holistic practicioner as the one mentioned above, I’m organizing my own ‘rehab’, so to speak.

Here’s a recent example:
I wasn’t quite happy with the way my SC joint was healing up, so I actually found a doc in my area who’s doing prolotherapy. He’s not as skilled as the doc whose virtues I was extolling above, though. So, for practical reasons, I’m getting my SC joint injections at the local doc’s practice, but for more complicated stuff (my wrists, for example, I’m still ready to visit the one living 280 km away…).

To sum it up: I’m doing the cost management, rehab service selection and sometimes the rehab stuff myself. Trigger point therapy is a pretty good example in that regard. Extra-corporeal shock wave therapy works wonders in resolving them (and is about 100 EUR a session, so quite expensive), so I only had it done in one case where I couldn’t get good enough results with going the self-applied way.

If you’re talking surgery and stuff, I’m at a loss, though. Haven’t found ONE doc I’d trust in that regard, since all (orthopedic) surgeons I consulted would either turn me away or just start cutting away. Mind you, I’m no opponent of surgery, but it’s gotta be warranted. Usually, those fuckers just want to open you up, go about shaving some cartilage and make a quick buck.
If you or your pals have actually found someone you’d trust with surgeries, make sure to also find a good PT/chiro/whatever, since chances are the surgeon doesn’t know/care about post-operative rehab. Which is very important, obvi.
Happened to me, as a result, I’m still dealing with some naggy scar tissue - related adhesions in my ulnar wrist.

I hate the guts of irresponsible fuckers in the health racket. If I had a dime for each time I went/drove (sometimes 2 hours round trip) to such idiots, I’d be rich.

If you tell me how to get in contact with you, I could give you the holistic doc’s contact.

Thanks man, that guy sounds promising!

Check my hub for contact info.

KK, sent an email your way.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
KK, sent an email your way.
[/quote]

Thanks, brother.

English is his first language alright just he has a different dialogue to most people on here. I understand him perfectly fine. He has a degree in IT, he’s worked as a recruitment consultant and personal trainer. All three require good english to say the least.

In terms of recovery I’d say hes doing fantastic. Within 4 weeks he was walking again - one of his tendons wasnt attached properly he could feel it and told his doctor and had another surgery. That went excellant aswell. Don’t count this guy out anyone. He’s a behemoth. He’ll be back within the next few weeks. The guys physique is still out of this world. Just like the juggernaut in X-men.