You Gotta Be Real Disciplined, Huh?

dear mods,

please ban leon36. he doesn’t learn and doesn’t want to. he doesn’t train and doesn’t want to. he doesn’t listen and doesn’t want to. he posts all the time about nothing, and is a bad example for the type of threads worthy of being posted and retained on this site for the next million years.

thanks,
lou

dear leon36,

on the off chance you will not accept and complete my previous request, consider shutting the fuck up and doing it anyway, or changing your mind about the whole listening/learning/not being a douchebag thing.

thanks,
lou

[quote]leon36 wrote:
BS I work hard in the gym[/quote]

I’m sure you do. But you have to work hard in the gym, for a long time, and have results, before you’re really at all qualified to post “do this, don’t do that” advice. And if you pay close enough attention, you’ll notice that even the people who are qualified to say that, usually don’t put things in such absolute terms.

posting advice - pah!

I posted articles and stuff I’d read and provided links. Just sharing information not telling anyone what to do or not do so butt out of my case.

Fucking backseat mods.

Nothing wrong with sharing links and tips etc.

Nobody is under the bloody gun to follow everythign I say, read everything I post, or respond to me if they don’t like it.

Ever heard of ignoring or not getting caught up in shit that you don;t like?

Ignoring is a lot easier than trolling my every post chris and cuzo.

You don’t own the fucking internet so piss off.

Bollocks i did 3 x 10 full body when I was 25 for a mere 7 months and got great results. Women said I looked like a Greek god.

YDKS.

[quote]leon36 wrote:
Bollocks i did 3 x 10 full body when I was 25 for a mere 7 months and got great results. Women said I looked like a Greek god.

YDKS.[/quote]

How did you feel about your own progress back then? Did you really look like how you wanted to look?

Why did you stop training if you were so happy that women were complementing you on your results?

Also, why are you really training now? Are you doing it so that people are impressed with your physique, or are you doing it for yourself because you’re unhappy about how you look now?

[quote]leon36 wrote:
posting advice - pah!

I posted articles and stuff I’d read and provided links. Just sharing information not telling anyone what to do or not do so butt out of my case.

Fucking backseat mods.

Nothing wrong with sharing links and tips etc.

Nobody is under the bloody gun to follow everythign I say, read everything I post, or respond to me if they don’t like it.

Ever heard of ignoring or not getting caught up in shit that you don;t like?

Ignoring is a lot easier than trolling my every post chris and cuzo.

You don’t own the fucking internet so piss off.

[/quote]

You are the most inexperienced poster in the beginner section. There is not a single person here that can benefit from your “advice”. The only possible thing that can happen is that someone can mistake you for someone who actually lifts and knows what they’re talking about. Then they might follow your “advice” and end up like you, struggling with deadlifting 2 plates after 20 years of training.

Lol @ greek god. You’ve got great stories. Too bad I doubt a single fucking one of them is true.

[quote]leon36 wrote:
BS I work hard in the gym

am 5 foot 7 weight 75 kg and on my second session deadlifted 220lbs 5 x 5.

No amazing numbers, butr after a 2 year lay off which included daily alcoholism - not terrible. Deads are mt fave exercise and sqauts second.
[/quote]

Dear greek god:

I was a drug addict 5-6 years ago. Serious drug addict, daily alcohol and daily hard drugs.
I weighed 130 lbs at (less than 60kg) at 5’10 when I was arrested for drug use in 2006. NO EXCUSES.

I’ve taught a lot of people how to deadlift. Have not yet found a healthy adult male who couldn’t deadlift 225 for reps after 4 weeks of training, much less someone who has trained before. Those numbers ARE terrible.

I’m not telling you all this because I don’t like you. I’m telling you this because you need a serious reality check. You’re making excuse after excuse, and it’s sickening. Man up, this is TESTOSTERONE nation. This is the best thing I can tell you. Training/diet information is essentially irrelevant in your case, because your attitude is so bad. Get your head right, the rest will follow.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

I was a drug addict 5-6 years ago. Serious drug addict, daily alcohol and daily hard drugs.
I weighed 130 lbs at (less than 60kg) at 5’10 when I was arrested for drug use in 2006. NO EXCUSES.
[/quote]

Impressive stuff man, seriously. I already respected you before, but I really respect you turning your life around. Congrats.

/derail

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[/quote]

Impressive stuff man, seriously. I already respected you before, but I really respect you turning your life around. Congrats.

/derail[/quote]

Thank you sir. It’s not something I talk about much, because I don’t like excuses. But my past has shaped my outlook on life today.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[/quote]

/derail[/quote]

Thank you sir. It’s not something I talk about much, because I don’t like excuses. But my past has shaped my outlook on life today.[/quote]

x2. Props for doing that. Well done.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[/quote]

/derail[/quote]

Big X 3

[quote]leon36 wrote:
BS I work hard in the gym

am 5 foot 7 weight 75 kg and on my second session deadlifted 220lbs 5 x 5.
[/quote]
I was trying to avoid a thread where some dude was talking about how “disciplined” he is but this is too funny.
Talk about an internet warrior.

[quote]leon36 wrote:
Bollocks i did 3 x 10 full body when I was 25 for a mere 7 months and got great results. Women said I looked like a Greek goddess.
[/quote]
Fixed

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
[/quote]
[/quote]
Big X 3[/quote]
That’s a gift man. I lost someone to that and miss him. I bet people around you are thankful and relieved everyday to see you out of that hole and living good.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Dear greek god:

I’ve taught a lot of people how to deadlift. Have not yet found a healthy adult male who couldn’t deadlift 225 for reps after 4 weeks of training, much less someone who has trained before. Those numbers ARE terrible.

I’m not telling you all this because I don’t like you. I’m telling you this because you need a serious reality check. You’re making excuse after excuse, and it’s sickening. Man up, this is TESTOSTERONE nation. This is the best thing I can tell you. Training/diet information is essentially irrelevant in your case, because your attitude is so bad. Get your head right, the rest will follow.[/quote]

:internet fist bump:

“How did you feel about your own progress back then? Did you really look like how you wanted to look?”

YES. Slim but atheletic / lean muscular look.

“Why did you stop training if you were so happy that women were complementing you on your results?”

I hinestly thought as I’d trained so hard, the results would ‘sort of stay.’

"Also, why are you really training now? Are you doing it so that people are impressed with your physique, or are you doing it for yourself because you’re unhappy about how you look now? "

I want to look better.

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
No offense, but sounds like you have zero discipline. You had one beer and eight hours sleep and are too over trained to do some fucking cardio? Are you kidding me?

Props on giving up alcohol. I am working on that and cigarettes. That being said, I can drink a half rack and probably smoke a pack of cigarettes, have a shitty sleep, and still have no problem busting PRs the next day. My current goal is to not drink most days of the week (currently only drinking on weekends down from every day - when you get up to the point that you need a twelve just to get a decent buzz going, definitely not ideal for gains) because it obviously fucks with you and I’m trying to get back down to a few cigarettes a day down from three packs(hopefully quit - I am currently at around a half a pack a day; just too much free time/stress right now), but seriously grow a pair.

Life gets in the way of a lot of things - you fucking slept from 4AM in the morning to 12PM in the afternoon and had a negligible amount of alcohol. Do your fucking cardio. Wow.

Edit: Just to clarify I am not painting myself to be the ideal forum member here - clearly have a lot of shit to work on - but I cannot believe some people are this out of touch. Sorry, if I’m coming across as a dick, but I feel like some of you guys are living in complete and total seclusion. I know plenty of people who drink often, smoke often, and would put to shame about 90% of these forums as far as strength, physique, whatever is concerned.

Shit, I started out having problems benching and squatting 50lbs (bar hurt my traps), I am most certainly not a genetic specimen, and I somehow managed to make some progress over the past couple years drinking like a fish and smoking like a fireplace (though I realize how sub-optimal that is and am currently taking steps to change all of that). I just think some people who can’t even do a single pull-up have a tendency to over-analyze the shit out of these things.

Also, I just noticed that you posted in like every other thread in the beginner’s forum. Might want to take a look at that Blind leading the Blind thread…[/quote]

“Blind leading the Blind”? It cracks me up that you had the gall to start your post with “No offense.” This guy gave up alcohol. He certainly has more than “zero discipline”.

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
You should start a training log in the section of the same name instead of filling up this section with tons of new threads[/quote]
I know this is gonna be end up being a simple answer…but how do I start a training log on here? The only ones I can find are under the training lab tab then all the logs are indigo or whatever and I don’t take that…so am I still allowed?

Shit sorry found it