Worst Movie Of All Time

[quote]Spike9726 wrote:
Several close calls:
Death becomes her was, well, death. Rented an obscure movie called “Boca” because I think Rae Dawn Chong is hot, Was awful. Saw about 15 minutes of Rhinestone were Stallone tries to be a country singer, was really bad. And props to the above poster who said Jim Cary, liked some of his stuff but Me, myself, and Irene was just brutal.

Oh, some folks have mentioned Starship Troopers. The movie was based on a very excellent book by Robert Heinlen, I’m sure a lot of T-men would enjoy his work. The movie was a bit cartoonish but fortunately I saw it before I read the book. I saw there was a sequal, can’t imagine it’d be too good.[/quote]

I think Robert Heinlein’s a really lazy philosopher; ie his thoughts on life are poorly thought out, but he is a good writer.

Worst movie ever: Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Don’t they understand that a movie is only funny if it’s unintentionally bad?

[quote]AZMojo wrote:
At least kids seem to like it.

Can’t say the same for “The Life Aquatic”. Truly, the worst movie I’ve seen in a long, long time.[/quote]

thats on my tv right now, it’s horrendous! it’s like they tried to do a “the royal tannenbaums” type script that’s just a big leadup to a slightly funny but mostly stupid finish

Scream 3

[quote]Shaved wrote:
“Be Cool”

I would have walked out of the theatre if I hadn’t paid 7 dollars to see that …movie

Shame on you John Travolta…SHHHAAMME!!![/quote]

John Travolta consistently makes some of the worst movies imaginable.

Worst Mainstream Movies:

Ghost World

The Royal Tenenbaums

Drowning Mona

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

How can you not love “Clueless” ???

Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes

Ironically enough…TheSicilian…the book was MUCH better. They really should redo this movie w/ better actors.

Punch Drunk Love

Garden State

Pocahontas…and I LOVE Disney Cartoons.

Lambada

Barb Wire

Last Action Hero

Batman & Robin

Godzilla (1998) this version BLOWS.

Waterworld

If TV series are accepted - “Sex and the city”. I was actually tricked into watching a full episode. I waited the entire duration for the movie to begin. But then it ended. I’m, like: “WTF? I want my 20 minutes back!” :frowning:

BTW, Starship Troopers, the movie, sucks ball bearings if you read the book first. Without the book, I’d imagine, it might be just about forgetable.

[quote]TheSicilian wrote:

[/quote]

Toho wasn’t very happy about it either. Toho gave Hollywood permission to use their biggest screen star and Hollywood fucked it up. Made him into a giant Iguana. Toho makes a statement about this in the newly released Godzilla Final Wars (just watched it last night) where the big guy actually gets to kick that American wanna-be’s ass. Takes him out in about a minute. Excellent.

Worst Toho Godzilla movie: Godzilla versus Megalon. He actually does a flying drop kick…twice.

Hollywood has a long history of taking excellent books and making horrible movies out of them:

Anyone here ever read a Robert E. Howard Conan novel? I grew up reading Conan novels and knew the character and stories very well. Now, I always liked Arnold, but he made a horrible Conan.

Then there was the unforgiveable casting of Tom Cruise as Lestat in Interview with a Vampire. Ann Rice was openly upset about it until she somehow got turned by the studio (I think they threatened to sue her or never use another one of her novels).

Troy.  Not quite as bad as I feared, but they took out all the gods interference with man which is what started the whole thing to begin with.

Hollywood…idiots.

Has anybody already mentioned “planet of the apes”?

It was just unbelievable bad.

Speed 2 made me suicidal

[quote]JPBear wrote:

How can you not love “Clueless” ???
[/quote]

Exactly. That movie, while not on the same level as Fast Times at Ridgemont High, still set a standard as far as “high school movies” go.

I do agree with the guy who wrote about Darkness. I don’t think a “horror movie” can get worse than that. It didn’t even have an ending. Driving into a freeway tunnel is not an ending.

[quote]johnny_law wrote:
and every Martin Lawrence movie.

[/quote]

I hope that doesn’t include Bad Boys I.

Everything else, agreed.

Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo

Trust me it is the worst.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
johnny_law wrote:
and every Martin Lawrence movie.

I hope that doesn’t include Bad Boys I.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Oh and the worst movie of all time award goes to another Travolta gem, Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000.

“Wing Commander” set the standard of suck for me.

A movie has got to be pretty bad when the special effects and plot are much better in the game it’s based on.

Some real gems:
Dreamcatcher - only movie I walked out on. Went straight to the bar.

the “Troll” movies - of course, they’re so damn bad I still watch 'em.

Mega Force - about the cheeziest movie I have ever seen, with the flying motorcycles that spew colored smoke. Coming to TNT latenight soon.

[quote]truthandlife wrote:
Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo

Trust me it is the worst.
[/quote]

I was going to use that one - but I think I have already said something about Breakin’ 2 in another thread a couple of months back.

But I agree. That movie absolutely blows chunks.

How could I forget:

http://www.no-pain-no-gain.com/home/

I haven’t seen it though, just the trailer.
If I remember correctly, there was a thread started about this movie roughly 9 months ago on this site.

Runners up:
-Striptease
-Wet Hot American Summer
-Blues Brothers II

Barbed Wire was definately bad.

[quote]gojira wrote:
TheSicilian wrote:

Toho wasn’t very happy about it either. Toho gave Hollywood permission to use their biggest screen star and Hollywood fucked it up. Made him into a giant Iguana. Toho makes a statement about this in the newly released Godzilla Final Wars (just watched it last night) where the big guy actually gets to kick that American wanna-be’s ass. Takes him out in about a minute. Excellent.

Worst Toho Godzilla movie: Godzilla versus Megalon. He actually does a flying drop kick…twice.

Hollywood has a long history of taking excellent books and making horrible movies out of them:

Anyone here ever read a Robert E. Howard Conan novel? I grew up reading Conan novels and knew the character and stories very well. Now, I always liked Arnold, but he made a horrible Conan.

Then there was the unforgiveable casting of Tom Cruise as Lestat in Interview with a Vampire. Ann Rice was openly upset about it until she somehow got turned by the studio (I think they threatened to sue her or never use another one of her novels).

Troy.  Not quite as bad as I feared, but they took out all the gods interference with man which is what started the whole thing to begin with.

Hollywood…idiots.
[/quote]

Hey gojira,

Are you going to see the new Peter Jackson King Kong? the trailers look pretty good,
Much better than the 1976 crappy version. My favorite Godzilla movie is Godzilla vs Detroyer. As for Conan, I love the character. Arnold’s movies are a pale comparison.