Why Do You Lift?

I lift cause I’m ugly and skinny and I figure if I get physically impressive being ugly won’t suck as much

You ask why do you lift? Why shouldn’t I? In this world filled with the majority fine with mediocrity. I feel I need something MORE to satisfy me and that comes in the form of training. That crackhead over there finds his extra satisfaction in another hit of crack. We all have dedication to an endeavour, some good and some fucked up.

[quote]forlife wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:
It’s all functional though…I bet you and your bodybuilding friends could barely swing that sword.

It was a joke:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/pussyitis_do_you_have_it?pageNo=14#bottom [/quote]

That was a total joke too…You dont get the same effect if you have to end everything you say with [/sarcasm]…But with all the clowns that run around here spouting this off at the top of their lungs I should have made it more clear I was joking.

Yo know, I really don’t know anymore.

so someone will finally love me

[quote]Invictica wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
blaque.ops wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!!!

THIS IS THE ONLY REASSON TO LIFT1

Awesome! I watched that again a few weeks ago! Such a line…

indeed it is.

guess it comes from Genghis Khan originally.

Genghis was a fucking badass dude

Yea but Genghis Khan didn’t bodybuild. If you really wanted "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!!! " Stop wasting your time lifting weights like an idiot, and move to Mongolia, become a warlord, and conquer an empire 4 times the size of Rome. Be sure to crush Persia and all of Eurasia.[/quote]

LMAO! I second that! My main reason is I want my fist to stick in someones head when I punch them for being stupid.

when i was in middle school i would get picked on, i had to give them my lunch money or i’d get my backpack flushed in the toilet.

It’s like asking Hank why he drinks, it’s a family tradition.

D

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
when i was in middle school i would get picked on, i had to give them my lunch money or i’d get my backpack flushed in the toilet.[/quote]

Can’t ever imagine anyone picking on you now, judging by your avatar. It’s always nice to “bump” into those guys after building some mass.

Despite the fact that I can almost predict when another “why do you lift” thread will pop up next, I generally like them.

There was one a couple years ago and this guy wrote a paragraph about why we lift and it drove it home for me. I liked it so much I actually printed it out and have it at home. I can never find it using the search function but I’m going to repost what he said just because I think it fits why a lot of us on this site lift and the general philosophy we subscribe to. Yea…

EDIT: That and the Henry Rollins Essay “Iron” I think it’s called. mandatory reading right thar

[quote]kalv wrote:
so someone will finally love me[/quote]

lol me too

It stops the voices in my head for a short while. (seriously)

Because abuse is something you never get over. Because Rage is good fuel, and deadly. Because life isn’t worth living watching your friends prosper while you plummet. Because you need one thing, just one thing, to be yours and yours alone.

Because I have never known peace until I looked in my daughters eyes and she smiled at me the first time. I want to be around as long as possible to see that as many times as possible.

Fuck being normal. Because I can.

[quote]dumbbellhead wrote:
Because abuse is something you never get over. Because Rage is good fuel, and deadly. Because life isn’t worth living watching your friends prosper while you plummet. Because you need one thing, just one thing, to be yours and yours alone.

Because I have never known peace until I looked in my daughters eyes and she smiled at me the first time. I want to be around as long as possible to see that as many times as possible.

Fuck being normal. Because I can.[/quote]

Because rage is good fuel and fuck being normal, agreed.

[quote]Invictica wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
blaque.ops wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!!!

indeed it is.

Yea but Genghis Khan didn’t bodybuild. If you really wanted "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!!! " Stop wasting your time lifting weights like an idiot, and move to Mongolia, become a warlord, and conquer an empire 4 times the size of Rome. Be sure to crush Persia and all of Eurasia.[/quote]

i would but my mom says i have to be home when the streetlights come on.

i do it because i enjoy it, its fun, none of us would be doing it if we didnt enjoy.

Self-hate.

Desire for a lady friend. (woot… got one)

Oh… and… it’s the only thing I never quit. Even other things I loved doing… like wrestling… I always ended up quitting. Not with lifting though. It’s the one thing I HAVE to do.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Invictica wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
blaque.ops wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:

indeed it is.

Yea but Genghis Khan didn’t bodybuild. If you really wanted "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!!! " Stop wasting your time lifting weights like an idiot, and move to Mongolia, become a warlord, and conquer an empire 4 times the size of Rome. Be sure to crush Persia and all of Eurasia.

i would but my mom says i have to be home when the streetlights come on.
[/quote]

You too? Damn, we live a rough life. They don’t let me play Xbox 360 after 9:00pm either.

cause its fun.

lifting weights is about as fun as recieving a fannypack full of tweezers for xmas

So this site is for people who lift weights? I was trolling for queers…