Why Do Men Get Married These Days?

Walkway: Do you put any value in other human beings at all, or do you have a purely materialistic view on every living being on this planet.

Beta versus alpha, low-earning chump friends, raising someone else’s “leftovers” (what a term for innocent kids who need a man around), marriage is for suckers, blah, blah, blah…

Ever think that people marry, for… oh… things like love, an extended family consisting of children and in-laws, and all that comes along with it, the good, and yes, the bad?

Every think that people are friends with some ordinary guy–yes, even an ordinary guy working retail–because he is a good guy, and that’s good enough?!

You actually come across like a purely opportunistic, self-centered person who doesn’t want to encounter any risk or inconvenience and that really says something about you. Do you think life should be some cakewalk in which grown men just do things that are easy?

Why get married? If you get divorced, you will be financially bled. Why raise another man’s kids? You will be raising “leftovers” and everyone I see doing it are chumps.

Would you be so kind and with your wisdom at such a tender young age, to tell us just exactly what are all the right moves in this life? I’d love to hear it. So far from your posts, we have realized that chumps make up about 85 or more percent make of mankind. They are making the wrong financial, social, and romantic moves. From what I gather from your posts, perhaps it would serve us well to either move to the top of a mountain or set sail and find an island on which we can can fend for ourselves like Robinson Crusoe. Perhaps in this bleak atmosphere we can fetch our own food, eat, take ergogenic drugs, build a gym, lift weights, sleep, and masturbate. We can just associate with no one, assuring that we don’t have the responsibility of taking on social and economic burdens. No friends, no romantic partner, no child raising, no taxes, no chumps weighing us down, no nagging and ill relatives who need our help, and above all, no one to use, because we know well that friendships, marriage, sex, child raising, and everything associated are just burdens or risky. We can all just look out for numero uno.

What do you say?

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
it’s an irrefutable fact that it is women, not men, who take leave during pregnancy, and generally quit their jobs to stay home and raise the children…
[/quote]

It’s an irrefutable fact that men don’t get pregnant. And on that note:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Walkway: Do you put any value in other human beings at all, or do you have a purely materialistic view on every living being on this planet.

Beta versus alpha, low-earning chump friends, raising someone else’s “leftovers” (what a term for innocent kids who need a man around), marriage is for suckers, blah, blah, blah…

Ever think that people marry, for… oh… things like love, an extended family consisting of children and in-laws, and all that comes along with it, the good, and yes, the bad?

Every think that people are friends with some ordinary guy–yes, even an ordinary guy working retail–because he is a good guy, and that’s good enough?!

You actually come across like a purely opportunistic, self-centered person who doesn’t want to encounter any risk or inconvenience and that really says something about you. Do you think life should be some cakewalk in which grown men just do things that are easy?

Why get married? If you get divorced, you will be financially bled. Why raise another man’s kids? You will be raising “leftovers” and everyone I see doing it are chumps.

Would you be so kind and with your wisdom at such a tender young age, to tell us just exactly what are all the right moves in this life? I’d love to hear it. So far from your posts, we have realized that chumps make up about 85 or more percent make of mankind. They are making the wrong financial, social, and romantic moves. From what I gather from your posts, perhaps it would serve us well to either move to the top of a mountain or set sail and find an island on which we can can fend for ourselves like Robinson Crusoe. Perhaps in this bleak atmosphere we can fetch our own food, eat, take ergogenic drugs, build a gym, lift weights, sleep, and masturbate. We can just associate with no one, assuring that we don’t have the responsibility of taking on social and economic burdens. No friends, no romantic partner, no child raising, no taxes, no chumps weighing us down, no nagging and ill relatives who need our help, and above all, no one to use, because we know well that friendships, marriage, sex, child raising, and everything associated are just burdens or risky. We can all just look out for numero uno.

What do you say?

[/quote]

excellent post

Thanks!

this is a pure assumption that is unquantifiable. ill tell you what though, want to guess how many females I met in university who were majoring in psychology/sociology/communications (read ‘bullshit’)? ill just tell you, roughly 85% based on my experience at a private institution.

while they may have ‘aspirations’, they tend to avoid the STEM subjects like the plague, and as a result, find themselves employed as baristas and checkers at grocery stores lol[/quote]

A visit over to the psychology department may be useful for you. Maybe they could identify the root of your narcissism and/or sociopathic behavior. #burnunit

it’s an irrefutable fact that it is women, not men, who take leave during pregnancy, and generally quit their jobs to stay home and raise the children… as such, they lose marketability and value in the workplace…typically, when they do return, it’s part-time work so they can still participate in their children’s lives.

[/quote]

This is not a bad thing, but perhaps not the best outcome for many middle-class families because we have an economic scene in which both middle class father and mother have to work compared with the Leave it to Beaver days in which any ordinary guy could bring home the bacon for a home, a car, kids, and a housewife. That’s how my granddaddy did it: built a business, worked his ass off, supported three kids and a wife, and despite being broke at times, retired with a hefty sum of money he gave to his kids.

But… maybe he should have taken the golden advice thrown around here and not had three great kids because he wasn’t sitting on a pile of gold and was dirt poor up until he was married, and because of reckless gambling went broke at others, and had a wife with NO marketable skills who just stayed at home barefoot raising kids (terrible, right?).

PS: Some countries whose populations are not as obsessed with and don’t see money as the be-all-end-all have time off for new fathers and paid maternity leave of six to twelve months.

this is a pure assumption that is unquantifiable. ill tell you what though, want to guess how many females I met in university who were majoring in psychology/sociology/communications (read ‘bullshit’)? [/quote]

There are sociologist and psychologists who earn six figures and the field of psychology is very important for the well being of people and understanding our world.

Some PR and marketing execs and news reporters who majored in communications earn six to seven figures. My cousin majored in PR and communications and now works at one of the biggest media giants in the world, pretty much one that dictates ALL fashion and music trends for decades.

It’s pretty funny you consider those three majors as bullshit.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
You already got called out on the false rape allegation thread. What exactly do you get out of posting this stuff?[/quote]

how exactly would I get called out here? im not making any of this up. there is a real growing resistance to getting married in western societies. men are waking up, and seeing what a raw deal they are getting.

[/quote]

You don’t need to be called out again, you’ve already exposed yourself as someone who makes shit up in order to further a social/political point of view. When your credibility is fucked it stays fucked for a while. Further, you’ve demonstrated that you have an unhealthy obsession with men’s rights issues, which has probably been spawned by your lack of success with women.

You’re also young, which means you don’t have much personal authority to speak on these issues, but can only parrot what you read online, or make shit up. You could possibly bring the experience of your friends or family into the discussion as anecdotal evidence, but everybody already knows that you make shit up, so all anecdotal evidence from you would be suspect at best.

Speaking of anecdotal evidence, I’ve watched friends and family get fucked over in divorce. Male friends and family. Sometimes it was a total shock, sometimes the red flags were obvious to any and all observers from early on. I have friends who were raised by single moms (who kept the father away through their childhood), who have sought out and formed strong relationships with their fathers in adulthood. So shit happens and life goes on.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
I think the OP should consider switching his sexual orientation to homosexual. Think of the benefits:

No false rape accusations

No crazy bitches stealing your income

Live-in training partner

Free home decor and fashion advice

The only downside is the occasional ass pounding[/quote]
Well if he is the top it isn’t that big of a deal… especially for the receiver. hehe

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

this is a pure assumption that is unquantifiable. ill tell you what though, want to guess how many females I met in university who were majoring in psychology/sociology/communications (read ‘bullshit’)? [/quote]

There are sociologist and psychologists who earn six figures and the field of psychology is very important for the well being of people and understanding our world.

Some PR and marketing execs and news reporters who majored in communications earn six to seven figures. My cousin majored in PR and communications and now works at one of the biggest media giants in the world, pretty much one that dictates ALL fashion and music trends for decades.

It’s pretty funny you consider those three majors as bullshit.
[/quote]

All the more so when it comes in a post responding to Ms. Q, who unless I’m mistaken is gainfully employed in one of those “bullshit” fields.

Edited to add: A good friend of mine who is a clinical counsellor bills out for $150/hr in his private practice. Yep, total BS.

I know this question may leave some of you scratching your heads… but it’s something that’s been on my mind as of late.

marriage really does not offer any real benefit to a man (besides some tax benefits), but it poses a very high number of life-altering risks.

by being married, a man is basically putting his entire financial state at risk… men have lost millions…even billions because they chose to get married.
some men have lost everything, and have actually become incarcerated because they can no longer make the ‘payments’.

when you consider that the vast majority of children go to their mothers (for some unknown reason), and women comprise the majority of winners in alimony disputes, a man can have 85%+ of his income forcibly taken from him (after having lost half of his net worth in one fell swoop). He will pay his ex-wife thousands of dollars to raise his children, and keep them away from him.

according to the statistics (take them for what you will), 70% of divorces are initiated by women. In Australia, there was a dramatic spike in the amount of divorces once alimony and spousal support legislation was enacted (I know correlation does not equal cause and effect…but…).

On top of that, a man can be forced to pay for his wife’s lawyer… so he’s essentially being forced to pay top dollar to screw himself LOL.

in the past 5 years, I have had 2 older friends stay with me because their wives divorced them. for months, they lived on my couch, and scraped together every last penny they had, to pay for alimony, spousal support and child support (they never really got to see their children).

Meanwhile, the ex-wife was working a part-time job, ‘raising’ the kids (more like trying to re-live her youth vicariously through their daughters), and going out on dates with the new beau.

in some states, a man can be married for just 10 years, and be required to pay alimony for the rest of his life…

hardly seems fair… doesn’t it?

and no, before anyone asks, I am not a misogynist, an MRA, or a MGTOW. this is a criticism of the government’s interference in marriage, not of women. Marriage has become a very profitable venture for women, and a very unprofitable venture for men.

also, prenups don’t work

some food for thought:

let’s try to keep this on point and stay away from fallacies (looking at you, Brick). [/quote]

Just go shoot up the fucking sorority already!! They are all laughing at you anyway.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

What do you say?

[/quote]

Damn! I like this BrickHead dude!

Brickhead is completely owning this thread.

Every post is superb.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
[/quote]

lol.

I know that you know that I was referring to the single mothers when I said ‘leftovers’… way to once again purposefully misrepresent my point in order to try to refute my argument.

you really are insufferable.

and as for all the posters citing my refusal to sully my body with debauchery as evidence of my ‘lack of success with women’… how exactly do you figure that to be the case? it really is telling of your intellectual shortcomings…

again, I ask that we stay on point. a man and a woman can be just as in love without marriage as they can with marriage… all marriage really means for a man (typically speaking), is that his assets are now put at risk, and his ability to see his children is now at stake.

am I the only one here who doesn’t see the world as candy and rainbows? I feel like im taking crazy pills…

and lol@ ‘my anecdotal evidence’ regarding those majors.

all the psych and communications majors I know are either bartenders, baristas, or waitresses… all with 50-90k in student loans.

maybe I could hook them up with your friends for networking purposes to get them out of the holes they dug themselves into

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

You’re assuming a wife with no independent income, marketable skills, extended family support or expectation of inheritance. [/quote]

it’s an irrefutable fact that it is women, not men, who take leave during pregnancy, and generally quit their jobs to stay home and raise the children… as such, they lose marketability and value in the workplace…typically, when they do return, it’s part-time work so they can still participate in their children’s lives.

this is a pure assumption that is unquantifiable. ill tell you what though, want to guess how many females I met in university who were majoring in psychology/sociology/communications (read ‘bullshit’)? ill just tell you, roughly 85% based on my experience at a private institution.

while they may have ‘aspirations’, they tend to avoid the STEM subjects like the plague, and as a result, find themselves employed as baristas and checkers at grocery stores lol[/quote]

Wtf? I thought you said you were studying sociology?

all the psych and communications majors I know are either bartenders, baristas, or waitresses… all with 50-90k in student loans.

maybe I could hook them up with your friends for networking purposes to get them out of the holes they dug themselves into[/quote]

you are such a complete prick lol.

Mr-23-year-old-know-it-all-virgin what major did/do you do?

What is your current financial situation?

How much do you earn?

Do you consider your interactions with females/relationships to be a success? why/why not?

[quote]TheCB wrote:

maybe I could hook them up with your friends for networking purposes to get them out of the holes they dug themselves into[/quote]

you are such a complete prick lol.

Mr-23-year-old-know-it-all-virgin what major did/do you do?

What is your current financial situation?

How much do you earn?

Do you consider your interactions with females/relationships to be a success? why/why not?
[/quote]

currently in grad school for accounting (gotta get the 150 units), no loans/CC debt, about 30k in etrade account, earning roughly 20k/year for very, very part time work (taking time off to study for CPA, enrolled in Becker program) not counting my capital gains. ive been very careful with my finances.

based on the responses ive gotten from the mental midgets on this site, this may come as a surprise… but I actually get along very well with women, especially middle-aged women. ive been told that I have a ‘disarming’ way about me… probably because they know that im not trying to get into their pants.

I date casually for fun… no real romance involved. been single for 3 years.

I believe that the greatest pleasure in life is the avoidance of pain.

[quote]alpha_mike wrote:
Marry the right chick.

My wife is my best friend. She’s one of the coolest people I’ve ever met. She’s made me a better person and gave me two wonderful children. My life would suck without her/them.

Again, find the right person.[/quote]

Bingo… if you have any doubts about a lady, do not marry her. It’s as simple as that.

After having a hell of a lot of fun as a single, 40-something tear old guy, I met my wife online (she lived about 800 miles away at the time) we got married less than a year later. I’ve been in quite a few LTR’s, had FB’s, and dated a lot through the years… I never felt like this with anyone. Tbh, I didn’t think I ever would, and I was perfectly fine with that. Single life was nice; but, Marriage for me is a whole lot better.

We’ve been married for almost 5 years now.

BEST DECISION EVER.

We got married because it felt like the right thing to do.