Who Says Golfers Aren't Strong?

I maxed out my bench a couple days ago and hit 290!! It was the greatest moment of my lifting career lol! I’m 6’2", 210 lbs, and have been training seriously for a year and a half now. I’ve really been playing with how much/what I eat and I’ve finally found something that works well.

I was on the “eat everything in sight” diet, and was up to 223 lbs, but then started to slowly bring it back down to about 195. I am slwoly working my way up to the minimum 230 lb frame i want!

I also did a back/bi workout after and deadlifted 415 lbs on my 4th set, which tied a personal record. This is just a thank you for all the information everyone has put out there…plus I know I will get some support despite my baseball/football friends who have a golfer lift more!!

I could do ballet and lift weights also and be strong, who says ballet dancers aren’t strong?

You can’t be that good, your Biotest purchaser rating is still at “Level 0”

[quote]RagingBull wrote:
You can’t be that good, your Biotest purchaser rating is still at “Level 0”[/quote]

ummm…your a “level 0” too…

Uhhhh, I do. Who cares what you can bench? How much can you squat and pull?!?

I heard Tiger Woods can Bench 315.

Benching 290 doesn’t mean much for the world of golf other than that you are now in the top .1% strength level for golfers.

Are you a professional golfer?

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Uhhhh, I do. Who cares what you can bench? How much can you squat and pull?!?[/quote]

I squat 370 and I deadlifted 415 about 2 months ago, so they might be a little higher than that

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Are you a professional golfer?[/quote]

Im a scratch golfer, but not professional. I play in college.

[quote]golferguy12 wrote:
RagingBull wrote:
You can’t be that good, your Biotest purchaser rating is still at “Level 0”

ummm…your a “level 0” too…

[/quote]

It was more of website commentary a than a personal insult, actually.

Golfer Guy,

Congrats on the lift! Always good to set your own PRs and I know how hard it can be with long arms and poor leverages. Just more patience required. Anyway, keep after it.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
I heard Tiger Woods can Bench 315.

Benching 290 doesn’t mean much for the world of golf other than that you are now in the top .1% strength level for golfers. [/quote]

Tiger Woods is a great athlete, but I HIGHLY doubt he can bench 315. I would bet he is the strongest guy on tour, but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t focus on the bench press. His training is a lot more cardio (runs 5-7 miles daily) and core work.

Well, since we know that golfers are on steroids, your claims are worthless! Go back to the fairway you juicehead!!

Just kidding. BTW, I used to work at a Gold’s gym here in Orlando, and have seen Tiger bench 3 plates per side. He did a lot more on the bike then the treadmill as far as cardio goes.

Yea well…I can’t put worth shit unless there is a clown or wind mill in front of me.
Beat that hot shot

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
Well, since we know that golfers are on steroids, your claims are worthless! Go back to the fairway you juicehead!!

Just kidding. BTW, I used to work at a Gold’s gym here in Orlando, and have seen Tiger bench 3 plates per side. He did a lot more on the bike then the treadmill as far as cardio goes. [/quote]

I am surprised, but not really! Thanks that is good to know. I have read quite a bit about his training and he says he runs at least 5 miles a day…but I’m sure he doesn’t strictly run.

apwsearch wrote:
Uhhhh, I do. Who cares what you can bench? How much can you squat and pull?!?

I squat 370 and I deadlifted 415 about 2 months ago, so they might be a little higher than that

[/quote]

Nice job, dude. Those are solid numbers. I am sure you could destroy me at golf…

In the strength forum I don’t know why people are bragging about average numbers like 400 dl 300ish squat and near 300 bench. If you want to brag at least have some decent numbers like 400-500 bench, 600-700 dl and squat.

Or you could try to post a strength routine for criticism which is fine. I’m just tired of these stupid threads like hey look I’m average.

[quote]shizen wrote:
In the strength forum I don’t know why people are bragging about average numbers like 400 dl 300ish squat and near 300 bench. If you want to brag at least have some decent numbers like 400-500 bench, 600-700 dl and squat.

Or you could try to post a strength routine for criticism which is fine. I’m just tired of these stupid threads like hey look I’m average. [/quote]

So you want like 4 threads TOTAL?? Did you know its kinda difficult to bench 500???

shizen wrote:

Or you could try to post a strength routine for criticism which is fine. I’m just tired of these stupid threads like hey look I’m average.

So you want like 4 threads TOTAL?? Did you know its kinda difficult to bench 500???
[/quote]

But that’s the exact reason why people should only brag if they hit numbers like that…because its difficult.

It’s good that that’s your new PR and you should be proud that you are getting stronger, just don’t expect much of a pat on the back from this crowd if its a less than really difficult numbers.

did you know that he has only been lifting real hard for about a year and a half and its all showing now, give him a lil longer and he will be there benching and squating that much give the kid a break and he is a college golfer so back off